No announcement yet.

Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gotta love it when you get bargains like the chicken at $1.99.
    link to my journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread97129.html

Comment

• I've made a discovery: it takes about 72 hours of clean eating (including one IF) for my inflammation from sulfites to mostly subside. I'm still not sure what it takes to get it to go away all the way. Based on my AIP experiment, roughly a week to two weeks.
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
      My Latest Journal

Comment

• I find this too I have not carried out an n=1 proper yet but have found that a small slip in eating leaves me at least a couple of inches wider around the waist.
        link to my journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread97129.html

Comment

• For me, the inflammation manifests as pain, clogged sinuses, weight gain, and constipation.
          Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
          My Latest Journal

Comment

• So I shocked the hell out of my kids in class today and proved I have at least a little functional fitness.
            We we gong over total mechanical energy and I got to the part where I "proved" there was a way for human could have no mechanical energy from an outside observer's perspective. Bear in mind, no mechanical energy means no height from the ground and no speed. So, I drop into plank position and lower myself to lie on my stomach on the ground and state "right now I have NO mechanical energy: no height and no movement." I then did the rest of a burpee to get up and went on with the review. The kids did a double take, most of 'em laughed, but I'll wager they remember what zero mechanical energy is.
            I also "proved" potential energy by jumping off a desk after turning on the ceiling mounted projector. I'll bet they remember that one too.
            I guess I'm coming to the point where I consider the bare minimum of functionally fit is being able to use my body and muscles to "prove" physics and how it's related to real life to these kids.
            My Latest Journal

Comment

• How awesome it is for them to see and "adult" move in that way also. I think so many kids see unfit adults and assume it has to be this way. You are a good teacher on the way to becoming great!

Comment

• I thought that watching me move in a way most of them refuse to would A) give them the courage to try and keep up with their bodies and B ) help drill it into their heads.
                Now to sit through several hours of thoroughly lame training to pick out the useful bits.
                My Latest Journal

Comment

• I gave my problem class another lecture on Friday on "not acting little fools." Somewhere in there, I slipped in that in the loudness of my voice suddenly drops 10 dB, then I've reached critical mass and they need to shape up. I also used the phrasing "I hate referrals, but I'm tired of y'all thinking I won't use them. From here on out, if you earn a referral, you get a referral." I also reminded them of the difference between a respectful tone and a combative tone in speaking with me. You may disagree all you want in a respectful tone, because at that point you are still trying to learn. I managed to get one of my troublemakers to really shape up, after that. He started with a combative tone and refused to change it. I pull out the referral and start writing him up. About halfway through, I ask if he'd like to change his wording or if he'd like me to finish writing the referral. BAM, model student. I had very few issues from then until the end of the period out of any of them.
                  My Latest Journal

Comment

• This weekend's discoveries:
                    -Guinness is highly inflammatory and causes me to look like I'm 6 months along. You have no idea how much this breaks my little (4 generations removed) Irish heart.
                    -Wheat is highly inflammatory (a known) and causes enough bloating to be flat out painful.
                    -Something, or many things, I ate caused me to be depressed, anxious, defensive, and really made it hard to breathe for about 24 hours. THe only new thing, that I remember, was the beer. Possibly the French Silk pie, but I don't recall that reaction before.
                    -Said beer also really jacked with my sleep, causing me to wake up and be AWAKE but still very tired. All these effects were from one beer over a period of 3-4 hours. (No, I'm not exaggerating. It really took me that long to drink it.)
                    My Latest Journal

Comment

• Oh no! I haven't had Guinness in ages.
                      Primal since 9/24/2010
                      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I've come down with the gunk again. I'm REALLY hoping it's not what Geek had and what it kinda feel like, which is bronchitis. I seem to be on an upswing, so hopefully, it'll go away.
                        My Latest Journal

Comment

• FUCK! On top of everything else wrong with me, I seem to have TMJ disorder. This does seem to encompass and provide a root for some of them, though, which is a small silver lining.
                          Let's go through the list of
                          What's Wrong with Jen:
                          ADD/ADHD
                          Dysthymia
                          PTSD
                          General Anxiety Disorder
                          Asthma
                          Hypothyroidism
                          Cracked rib that never healed right
                          Sulfite sensitivity
                          Wheat sensitivity
                          Dairy Sensitivity
                          Horrible eyesight
                          and now, most likely TMJ, which encompasses the neck pain, jaw issues, ear issues, and occasional headaches
                          I'm a walking endorsement for fucked up. I know my mother mentioned experimenting with pot, I almost wonder if it was before she knew she was pregnant with me. I know it's more likely that I just got a bad luck of the draw genetically.
                          My Latest Journal

Comment

• Well that is quite a list. The good news is that you are aware of them and working hard to heal or control what you can.

Now I would like to make a list of my own...

What's right with my friend Jen:

She is,
                            Strong
                            Brave
                            Stubborn in the best way
                            Funny and sarcastic (great combo)
                            Intelligent
                            Kind
                            Giving of her knowledge and experience
                            A teacher
                            A learner
                            A seeker
                            A belly dancer
                            A valued friend
                            Primal since 9/24/2010
                            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                            MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                              Well that is quite a list. The good news is that you are aware of them and working hard to heal or control what you can.

Now I would like to make a list of my own...

What's right with my friend Jen:

She is,
                              Strong
                              Brave
                              Stubborn in the best way
                              Funny and sarcastic (great combo)
                              Intelligent
                              Kind
                              Giving of her knowledge and experience
                              A teacher
                              A learner
                              A seeker
                              A belly dancer
                              A valued friend
                              This^^^ x1,000

I'm sorry you're dealing with crap right now. I hope you feel better soon. Awesome physics lesson by the way. You made me want to do some burpees!
                              Primal since March 5, 2012
                              SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Thank you both. It's just irritating that I'm so young and have so many health issues. I really appreciate that list, P. I think I need to print it off and carry it with me. Jenn, I'm glad you liked the lesson. It's like I told one of my kids today: if you want to teach someone, you've got to keep their interest, and yapping at them won't do it. You've gotta get them involved, be it hands on, laughter, or (my style) unpredictability (holy shit, what weird shit is she gonna do today?)
                                My Latest Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X