No announcement yet.

Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You're probably walking off quite a few calories as well. That's tough. Good to hear you worked out the hydration situation at least.

Comment

• The 1800 factors in the walking. My BMR is 1300, supposedly. Most days, I'm lucky to hit 1500. I also seem to have lost my "not much, not much, eat ALL THE THINGS!" cycle I've had since college. I wonder if that had something to do with Vit D or thyroid. It's gone from a cycle that balanced at the amount I should eat across 3 days to just plain not eating enough.
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
      My Latest Journal

Comment

• I learned the hard way today that blueberries are a natural laxative. I'm still paying for that lesson...
        Other than that, it's been a good day. Got through half my grading. Slept some. Good, low sulfite food.
        Yes, I'm modifying primal to my own tastes. Fuck primal. I'm just concentrating on low sulfite. Granted, that is by and large paleo with a few more stringent areas and a couple less stringent areas.
        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
        My Latest Journal

Comment

• Dinners this week are a combination of "clean out the fridge/ freezer" and sale fud.
          -Stir fry
          -Crockpot chile roast
          -pressure cooker curry
          -steak and salad
          Subject to change if Save A Lot has anything I want to buy or Susie's is out of garam masala again.
          My Latest Journal

Comment

• Came down with the migraine from hell during my planning period in the middle of the day yesterday. Managed to teach through it, mostly. I told my last 3 classes "take notes or don't, I'm hurting too much to force you. I'll check your binder for them. If they're missing, you lose points. As of right now, I'm done caring if you take notes in class." Most of the time it was so quiet you could hear a pin drop.
            Came home and crashed. Woke up to eat a sulfited meal (pizza) and pass back out. Geek prodded me awake later to force me to take my night time meds and something for my migraine.
            Woke up to threats of another one. While I was fumbling around for my vitamin D in the dark I accidentally grab my oil of oregano and squirt a full shot into my mouth. I'm AWAKE and probably anything in a 12 mile radius that thought about infecting me is now dead.
            My Latest Journal

Comment

• Holy Crap! Feel Better.

I almost went off on my 8th period yesterday. I was giving them a test grade improvement opportunity. They just wouldn't shut up.
              Primal since 9/24/2010
              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Sounds like no fun but I have to ask what is oil of oregano used for?
                link to my journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread97129.html

Comment

• Oil of oregano is antibacterial, antifungal, and antiviral. I keep it on the counter for those days I feel like hell and for my neti pot. A little goes a LONG way, as in the recommended internal dose is 4 drops in a glass of water.
                  My Latest Journal

Comment

• Oh crap what's a neti pot?? Don't worry I will Google it but too funny that we are both speaking English and I don't understand
                    link to my journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread97129.html

Comment

• I hated doing it, because of the severe lack of subs, but I called in sick today. a fever and threat of yarking means no school for me.
                      My Latest Journal

Comment

• Onward, ever onward. THis week has not been good for either sulfite free or primal. I'm going to try to finish it off on a high note by at least being low sulfite today and Saturday.
                        My Latest Journal

Comment

• I must be doing something right. I just had my first professional development walkthrough and they couldn't find anything wrong. Nothing. At all. Matter of fact, they seemed enamored of my teaching style and my "rapport with the kids." That was all he'd talk about, was marveling over how well I not only got along with the kids, but had them eating out of my hands.
                          Granted, it was a lab. And my beloved 8th period. (Yes, I know I shouldn't have favorites, but 8th, 1st, and 2nd have stolen my heart.) But apparently having all the kids on task during something like that is novel and unusual.
                          My Latest Journal

Comment

• Dinners this week: Pressure cooker chili, crockpot pulled pork, stirfry or grilled chicken salad, and steak and salad.
                            Off to the HEB for ingredients for the week (and maybe some damn corn tortillas that don't have extra crap in them that I don't hafta make. They don't seem to exist where I live.)
                            My Latest Journal

Comment

• Congrats on the great walk through.
                              Primal since 9/24/2010
                              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I was rather proud of it, especially for my first one.
                                I scored an AWESOME deal at HEB earlier. They had their air chilled organic chicken drumsticks (read: the good stuff that normally costs $6-7/ lb) marked down to $1.99/ lb because of it's sell by date. I cleaned 'em out. Guess what I'm having for lunch this week? Between cheap meats, sales, my freezer, and a register error I didn't catch until I looked at the receipt in the car, I got everything for food this week for $18. (The clerk didn't catch that the romaine was organic, which was the register error.) (Crap, I may need to buy Geek burger or hot dog buns. I don't remember what we have in the freezer.) I also got a couple experiments: a couple types of canned curry tuna (in the canned tuna area) and some sardines in water. We'll see how those taste.
                                My Latest Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X