No announcement yet.

Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's been an excellent day so far, even if it did start WAY too early for someone who took Nyquil at 3AM. Home Depot delivered our windows, TWC finally got back to me on my unemployment benefits, AND I got accepted into the teaching program. This means I can print out my SOE today and take it downtown and officially ACCEPT THE DAMN JOB!
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

• New clothes! Yay! Do we get the fashion show, after?

Comment

• If I find anything, sure!
        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
        My Latest Journal

Comment

• Yay naiad!!! New job...new clothes...new weight...new size!! You are rockin' it girl!!! Can't wait to see new pictures!! How about one on your first day of school? I always took one of my baby then!

Congrats on all good things. You deserve it baby girl! (Can I call you that? I'm old enough to be your mama!)
          Last edited by theprimalcajun; 11-20-2013, 11:45 AM.
          Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• Awww. Thanks, PC. Of course y'all will get a first day photo since you asked so nicely. And you're more than welcome to call me that.
            I'm facing an anxiety inducer during lunch: eating alone in a restaurant. I don't like doing it because it induces anxiety that people are judging me. I'm forcing myself to eat slowly and enjoy my food and people watch.
            My Latest Journal

Comment

• Well you are on the forums so at least you're keeping occupied! Honey, no one could care less what you're eating...& if they are judging it's probably something along the lines of "look at that hot looking chick sitting there, isn't she adorable! I wish I looked like her!" Yup...that's what they're thinking, I promise!! 😀
              Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• Congrats on all of your good news!
                Primal since 9/24/2010
                "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I don't like eating in front of strangers alone either. Hell, it took me forever to start eating lunch in the kitchen here at work, with people walking in and out all of the time. Enjoy the food, enjoy some peace.
                  Depression Lies

Comment

• Hey lover,
                    I see you've got yourself a nifty new journal.
                    Sorry you're dealing with this basket of crap, I didn't know you had these issues.
                    The bat yielding ass kicking front threw me off ;D

I get what you're saying about eating alone... It always makes me feel crap because I see tons of people laughing
                    with friends and think, ;c
                    I even went to an all you can eat sushi place alone.
                    Yeah. That was a BAD BAD idea. I probably looked like one of those sad fat people that they put in romantic comedies to juxtapose the happy couple ;D

What's this you're becoming a teacher? O_o
                    "The penis is the male animal-flower, a soft-firm dildo, a warm dream."
                    -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

• Hi, Meaty!
                      I survived eating alone. The soup (Tom Yum Goom) was tasty as always and managed to actually enjoy eating alone.
                      I'm officially a physics teacher (well, probationary because I'm still a ways out on my license)! I go to the classroom tomorrow and introduce myself and stand in on the classes. I officially start after Thanksgiving vacation (Dec 2.)
                      I need to iron and such, so no fashion show yet. I'll take a photo before I leave tomorrow, for y'all, though!
                      I'm treating myself to a semi verboten dessert for FINALLY jumping through all the hoops! Haagen Daas vanilla bean (highest quality I could get my hands on, worst ingredients are sugar and skim milk) and peach jam (worst ingredient: sugar.) Tastes like peach cobbler ice cream when you put them together.
                      My Latest Journal

Comment

• Congratulations. I am so excited for you! I hope you love it as much as I have for 20+ years.
                        I fought becoming a teacher because I hated school so much, the idea of re entering HS and not graduating for 30 years was horrifying. Lol It turns out that my personality and talents were exactly right for the classroom.
                        Last night I went out to dinner with my husband. Our waitress was a former student. She said some lovely things to me.
                        Primal since 9/24/2010
                        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Comment

• I hope you love it. I think you'll be an awesome teacher. Sometimes I think I might like teaching, but it's a scary prospect. I wouldn't know where to begin! And I'm sure there are plenty of English teachers out there already.
                          Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                            Our waitress was a former student. She said some lovely things to me.
                            In Spanish I hope, lol....

Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                            I hope you love it. I think you'll be an awesome teacher. Sometimes I think I might like teaching, but it's a scary prospect. I wouldn't know where to begin! And I'm sure there are plenty of English teachers out there already.
                            Don't underestimate yourself, I agree it would be bloody scary though, and there's never enough teachers!

Belated congrats Naiad, I concurs with NW, you'll make a great teacher!

Comment

• I fought it because I was told my entire life "teachers don't make enough to survive" and I wasn't sure I had the patience for stupidity. Upon hearing starting pay (more than my engr starting pay), I kept fighting to "use" my engr degree in a "useful" way, which obviously bombed.
                              I'm kinda basing my strategy off several teachers I loved throughout school. The ones that kept you engaged whether you liked the subject or not. The ones that pushed you until you thought you'd given your best and then shoved you to make you do better, because they knew you could. The ones that took a poor bullied girl from Oak Cliff and turned her into the "take no shit" woman you see here today.
                              I think I will enjoy it. I've loved tutoring. I love teaching people new things. The bright spots in my engineering career were the days I could hand knowledge down to the next generation. There's something about know I'm doing something that will affect the future (in a meaningful way) that tugs at me. That was a big reason I went into civil. Buildings and pipe systems long outlive their designers. Now I can actively touch (no, not that way) the future every damn day and impart new knowledge every damn day. Even better, I'll be licensed (eventually) in the things I have a passion in: physics and mathematics.
                              That's not saying I'm walking in with clouds in my eyes about how everything and every day will be perfect. I'm well aware there will be hard days. I'm well aware there will be disagreements with policy (like No Child Gets Ahead.) I'm well aware there will be kids I just won't get through to, no matter how hard I try. But if I can convince just one kid that physics isn't a boring waste of their time, I'm happy.
                              My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                                In Spanish I hope, lol....
                                Unfortunately no, but she did say that I was one of her favorites. She remembered that I would always give bus passes to her and her friend Anna even if they did not stay with me for extra help. In other words, she loved me because I was a push over.
                                Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

Working...
                                X