No announcement yet.

Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for introducing yourself ceedee. Maybe next time catch up before you put your foot in your mouth.
    I refuse to have indoor animals, for one.
    For two, she does respect me. This had nothing to do with me and everything to do with wearing something uncomfortable. You'd take it off too, in any way you could.
    For 3, I was more mad at myself than the dog, for blowing money I didn't have.
    For four, don't pop in a journal and instantly be a dick.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

• The cheat meal thread reminded me of something I have never, in my life, gotten: a true cheat meal. Even as a kid, before I knew it was sulfites, I knew there were certain foods that were not my friend. If it was greasy or fried, I was going to get a headache (because the batter or dough had preservatives in it.) I have never once been able to just eat a meal without thinking through what might cause me pain in it.
      You know what a dream meal would be for me? Red wine, Irish Love Doctors, balsamic cranberry pecan brussel sprouts, spaghetti and homemade meat sauce (with red wine in it), baconated spinach, summer sausage and sharp cheddar, chocolate Guinness cake, homemade rolls, and pecan pie. I can't have a single damn thing on that list without pain.
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
      My Latest Journal

Comment

• Congrats on the job! That was damn quick. What exactly will you be teaching?

It's rare for lows to dip into the 20's in Ohio in November and we even had just over an inch of snow at my house Monday night and yes, there were a bunch of idiots on the road yesterday morning. I'm thinking of getting a heavier coat than what I've currently got. Already pricing out boots as well.
        Georgette

Comment

• Yeah, what will you be teaching? That's so cool! Congratulations!

PS I would have beat the dog with the harness too. My dogs fought and fought their collars until they got used to them, so maybe she just needs to get use to the harness.

And ceedee... wow... I second everything NK said... kind of rude to pop into a journal and start chastizing and judging without introducing yourself first... do you have a journal so we can go read one comment and judge/chastize you for it?
          Primal since March 5, 2012
          SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• I'll be teaching physics.
            My Latest Journal

Comment

• When do you start the new job?
              Primal since 9/24/2010
              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• No crap!?! Awesome! Teach me physics! I always seemed to have trouble with it. I understood the concepts well enough, but the practical math applications always got goofed up somewhere.
                Primal since March 5, 2012
                SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Paula- as soon as the paperwork to prove I'm not a rapist oor on drugs, and I am in a certification program goes through, I think. It could be as early as next week, but I'm figuring first week in December.
                  Jenn- you aren't alone. The math catches almost everyone at one point or another. I firmly believe that if someone doesn't like science, whatever the branch, it's because they don't believe they can do the math.
                  My Latest Journal

Comment

• I hated math because of a 9th grade teacher who said "girls are stupid and can't do math" and he randomly kicked me (and other girls) out of class.

Then in college I had an awesome chem professor who taught me math whenever I showed up at his office for help. I was like... "cool, you really can use math for something!" And then I took stats and I was in love! Math you can use to lie with! Luckilly I took chemisty and stats before I took physics, and I loved physics.

Congrats on getting the job, NK. You'll be a terrific physics teacher!

Comment

• Yay naiad!!! Congratulations on the new job! And physics to boot??? I always knew you were a genius!! So proud of you & for you!! I can hardly spell it much less understand it!!! I took remedial math in high school.

Does the fruit loop have a place she can get in out of the weather? And a blankie or even some hay she can curl up in? Retrievers(?) usually love the cold. (When ours was outside for a time we just put some hay in her dog house...she'd chew up a blanket left out for her.) If she's in the yard all the time she probably doesn't even need a harness. A collar should be fine. Glad she's feeling better. I swear some of the things those silly dogs will eat!!
                      Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• Thanks for the compliments, y'all! It's strange to hear people tell me I'm smart for wanting to teach physics or math. It's one of those things that came fairly naturally to me. (I won't lie, geometry and I had some major arguments, but that's because I pretty much had to teach it to myself.)
                        Kasumi has a sterilite tote to sleep in. It has a blanket in it year round, and we toss another one in there during the winter for her to curl up under. It's on the back porch, between a wooden box and the patio bench, so she's sheltered from the wind. She doesn't need a harness, but I'd prefer if she did wear one. I think I'll settle for eventually getting her another reflective collar. If she were full lab, I'd feel a lot more comfortable leaving her out in the cold, but I'm not sure whether a Jack Russel terrier is built for cold (I don't think they are.) Since we're reasonably certain she's half and half, we're watching to see which traits of which see has.
                        My Latest Journal

Comment

• Ok, so in the hiring process/ certification process I've:
                          -pissed in a cup
                          -filled out paperwork
                          -sent off transcript requests
                          -filled out more paperwork
                          -and can't figure out if I need to study my ass off for this test or not. (Depending on how they count my physics based engineering classes like solids, dynamics, fluids, structural analysis, etc., I may not need to take it.)
                          My Latest Journal

Comment

• *crossing my fingers you get to watch Harry Wong videos*

hmm...which just doesn't sound right now I have typed it out.

Comment

• THey have 'em on Youtube. I'll probably watch them as part of the internship.
                              In other news, today's meal is t- bone, salad, and sweet potato hash. The hash was a sweet potato, cranberries, pecans, honey, and butter. It's really tasty.
                              My Latest Journal

Comment

• I'm reviewing for the test and a thought occurred to me: when I do start teaching, I'll be teaching a class I never took. Yes, you read that right. I never took generic high school physics. I leaped straight to college physics (AP Physics B.) I took high school biology and decided I never wanted to see it again, and I took high school chemistry and loved it so much I went with college physics in HS (AP Chemistry.) I would have taken organic and gotten a minor in college if I had the money and time. I SHOULD have minored in physics, but I opted for my civil related electives. Kinda kicking myself for that now...
                                At any rate, regular high school courses are MUCH easier than I thought they'd be. Like, "I learned this in 8th grade" easy. It's really more reminder than anything.
                                My Latest Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X