No announcement yet.

Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crap. While weight and inches lost are good, shrinking out of the pants and belt are not an option right now. I might have 2 smaller pairs of jeans hiding in my seasonal/ "measurement clothes" bin. If they fit and fit well, I'm smaller than I was in college.
    *Interlude and crappy hold music*

Umm... Guys? They fit.

They fit better than they did sophomore year when I bought them and was 10- 20 lb lighter than I currently am.
    The other pair of measurement jeans were bought just after college. They're too big as well.
    The last pair doesn't fit right. As low rise as they are, and with the hips I have, I think I'll always have spillover. They button and zip, which, considering that at this point last year I couldn't even get them halfway up my thigh, is a total win.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

• My mother scared me earlier. She sent me a text asking me which antique cedar chest I wanted, my grandmother's or great grandmother's, giving me first dibs. This sort of thing is usually indicative of her depression leading her towards being suicidal. Cautious, I told her which one I'd prefer. She then asked me what else I'd want. Right as I was freaking out and about to call Dad, she sent me a text explaining that Dad and their lawyer had been after her to make up a will. Oh.
      Anyways, it looks like mom is giving me first dibs on stuff in the house, because I'm the eldest and have my own place. Thing is, Geek and I already have a full set up, almost.The only stuff I requested was sentimental (the dining room table was my other great grandmother's, the hope chest, my grandfather's hat, my parent's bed frame, the avocado green chinaware....) I think from Dad I'll ask the (Dadmade) wine cabinet and some of the other stuff he made.
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
      My Latest Journal

Comment

• Looking good in those jeans, Naiad!

Comment

• Thanks, Sabine!
          I redirected my Al Anon energy. I figured not all of y'all wanted to read a wall of text of how I'm unfucking myself everyday, and it being in this journal did none of my Al- Anon/ ACOA co-sufferers any good. I created a blog about it. I'll post when I update it, but this blog needs to be more about the primal path, not my mental healing via another way path.
          Step 1, Part 1
          My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post
            Looking good in those jeans, Naiad!
            Yes, looking great though I needed to wake up to realize it. My first thoughts were "Naiad looks so small. Wait, is she standing in a window? Why does the window have a shower curtain? Wow, I am an idiot..."

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
              Yes, looking great though I needed to wake up to realize it. My first thoughts were "Naiad looks so small. Wait, is she standing in a window? Why does the window have a shower curtain? Wow, I am an idiot..."
              Yeah, it's a bad selfie, but it's a lot easier to get a full body shot by standing on the tub than by using the full length mirror.

In other news, I have started a grateful sleep ritual. As I'm lying in bed before I fall asleep, I go through my day and think of all the things I'm grateful for that day. For example, yesterday's list was how well Kid is reading now and picking up on phonetics, Saturday Game Night, good salsa at the restaurant, and finding a sulfite/ soy/ dairy free dressing, as well as the usual culprits like Geek, Froot Loop, MDA, a happy home, yadayada.
              Last edited by naiadknight; 10-20-2013, 03:54 PM.
              My Latest Journal

Comment

• Ugh. Something I ate last night is not sitting well. Diarrhea is not my friend.
                My Latest Journal

Comment

• Well at least those pants will fit even better today. I hope you feel better soon.
                  Primal since 9/24/2010
                  "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                  MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• It cleared up throughout the night, thankfully.
                    Today will definitely be interesting. Headhunter interview at 1030, killing time in Midland, and my first Al- Anon sponsor meeting with Mentor at 1830. Taking the laptop with me, so I'll probably spend some time in Fourbucks.
                    My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                      It cleared up throughout the night, thankfully.
                      Today will definitely be interesting. Headhunter interview at 1030, killing time in Midland, and my first Al- Anon sponsor meeting with Mentor at 1830. Taking the laptop with me, so I'll probably spend some time in Fourbucks.
                      Killing how much time in Midland?
                      Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• Roughly 5 hours, after buying a shredder at Wally World.
                        My Latest Journal

Comment

• Down to 121.6 and needing a belt for my interview pants.
                          Thinking on what I've been eating since this plummet in weight, I realize the answer is "not much." It's been fairly LC (definitely not hitting what I thought was my carb minimum of 75g most days, probably closer to 20-50g) and I'm only eating once a day, at dinner. Usually just not hungry until then. This is definitely the longest I've been even 80% paleo, although most weeks I am 100%. I probably should eat more, as most days I'm probably lucky to hit 1000 cal, and some I'm lucky to hit 500, depending on what's for dinner. Then again, I eat when I'm hungry, stop when I'm not hungry. I may not need as much as I thought.
                          I think the change was two fold: cutting the anxiety (no clue what happened there) and starting to take my thyroid pill correctly. I think it may all trace back to my thyroid pill, as I know when my thyroid is unhappy, I'm a nervous wreck.
                          My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                            Roughly 5 hours, after buying a shredder at Wally World.
                            Quick lunch at my house, 1:15-ish? How quick can we cook frozen salmon or eggs?
                            Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• Already made lunch plans. I can come and at least say hi, though.
                              My Latest Journal

Comment

• Good thing we canceled...I still haven't left work!

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

Working...
                                X