No announcement yet.

Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm feeling left out up at work because of my diet. No one wants to invite me to or accept an invite to lunch with me because the allergy scares them. Hrmph. I want to be social and they're afraid to eat with me.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

• Lame. It's not as if your restrictions are stopping them from eating.

Comment

• What a bunch of rotten coworkers you have. We're planning a pot luck lunch next week, and my coworkers checked with me to make sure the main dish was "something you can eat?" on a Whole 30. ALL of them are SAD eaters to the max, but they know I'm particular and they accommodate me!

Comment

• It's just irritating. I miss the camaraderie I had at the City. Why couldn't I just be allergic to peanuts or something people understand and LABEL?
          Yeah, I know. Would you like some cheese with that whine? Twist of irony, I can't have either.
          Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
          My Latest Journal

Comment

• Bah. We're running away this weekend, or I'd invite you to come be social with me.
            Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• Figured out my Halloween costume. It's a riff on Sally from Nightmare Before Christmas. Black leather corset, blue peasant blouse (I already own both of those), a scrap remnant circle skirt with overstitched seams, and drawn/ glued on stitches.
              My Latest Journal

Comment

• I give up. I can't fucking win. The whole goddammed universe seems to be against me being an engineer. Now unemployed and jockeying with federal employees for unemployment. AGAIN.
                I was officially let go because "our management style didn't work well together." I was actually fired for being prettier, skinnier and smarter than Queen High Bitch, Ruler of the company and being too smart/ stupid to kiss her ass.
                My Latest Journal

Comment

• Hey Naia, I lurked into your journal today after reading your comment in Tashas. Really sorry about you losing your job! If it's any consolation I'm also currently unemployed and can't find work. It sucks big time, but it never lasts, and something better always comes along. Just trust. Everything will be okay.
                  "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

• Oh no naiad!!! I am so sorry. That just sucks!!
                    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• I am so sorry to hear about your job. I saw your posts on FB. Sending you prayers/good vibes.
                      Georgette

Comment

• I am irate on your behalf, though I know you are too. You are an awesome engineer and I don't need to know diddly about what you do to know that. It's obvious from the way you talk about your work. You got this, lady.
                        Depression Lies

Comment

• I've been bouncing wildly from irate to depressed to cold logic. I now have someone else on my dark alley list.
                          I was given two weeks severance and get paid tomorrow, so I have 2- 2.5 months (including this month) of bills, plus another couple of months in savings, before I hafta touch the joint reserve. That also doesn't include unemployment benefits, which could potentially stretch it another 6-10 months.
                          I also have an in with Sister City, and a good chance with City and TxDOT. I'm hoping for Sister City, but I'll take what I can get. I'm hoping I can get a public sector job again. I'm tired of private. I'm REALLY hoping to get one before the month is up. If I can land it in two weeks, I can sock away a full paycheck untouched.
                          My Latest Journal

Comment

• You have a plan and sound determined as hell.
                            Georgette

Comment

• Day 1 unemployed (again.)
                              I did some hard soul searching yesterday after talking with Mentor. The common denominator in all my job loss is me. When something happens that many times to one person, the person isn't taking a clue. Mentor reminded me. When I turned it on her, as I worked for her at one point, what she thought it might be, it made her uncomfortable. I got the answers I needed, but not the ones I wanted. She delivered the blows fairly softly, but they still stung.
                              My work is not the best. Neither is my work ethic. If I can find an easier, quicker way to do it, I will. I rush through my work and make mistakes that I wouldn't if I planned out the process and slowed the hell down. I also have a tendency to slack and procrastinate if I think I can get away with it. That goes to fear of being wrong and fear of fucking it up. If I don't start or finish it, I can't fuck it up, is the way my animal thought process tends to go. I need to put down that rock. I will no longer be abused if I fuck it up. If I don't rush and I put my full energy into it, I won't fuck it up. I can't explain why I race to finish things. I'm sure it has to do with a rock I was handed in childhood, I just can't pinpoint what it was.
                              My personality also comes off as abrasive and brash to many. One of those pride goeth before fall personalities that just rubs people the wrong way. That traces back to fear as well, fear of being hurt. You can't hurt me if I'm too cocky and proud to be hurt. The sarcasm and sharp tongue, while genetic, were honed by fear. If I can take you down or off your guard, or deflect you with sarcasm, you can't hurt me. If I hurt you before you can hurt me, I win. It was/ is a defense mechanism, one that could stand to be lowered. Not removed, but possibly rebuilt into a shield or breastplate as opposed to a sword.
                              It's also quite possible I just went into the wrong career. Most career aptitude tests indicate that I should be in a creative profession. Tech writer, interior decorator, graphic design, that sort of thing. The way Mentor phrased it, "[I am] much more creative and out there than most engineers, perhaps too much so for [me] to stay an engineer." I've thought many times about setting up on Etsy with paintings, maybe sculptures if I could find a kiln or the right place to get wood. I don't consider myself good enough to freelance, but selling my art, I'm comfortable with. If I were in a larger city, I'd apply as a personal shopper (that'd be so much fun!) I've thought about my own fashion line, but that's a really hard business to get into. I would also have a blast as an experimental scientist, not that I'll find that out here. I thought about teaching. If I'm not creating I'm happiest and most fulfilled when I can help people one on one, and solve their problems. I've contemplated tutoring. I enjoy doing it, and once I have a customer base, I could make enough for it to be viable.
                              Now to call the various leads on engineering.
                              My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                                ...Now unemployed ...

Comment

Working...
                                X