No announcement yet.

Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fucking OW! My teeth were apparently really clean (thanks, primal diet), but I had 3 cavities to fill and two wisdom teeth that needed to be pulled. I only got the worst tooth pulled tonight, the only with a giant hole in it. It also apparently had a freakishly long root, long enough that the dentists and assistants were ogling the pieces as they came out. It took 2 dentists and 4 assistants an hour and a half to yank the fucker.
    I should eat, but the thought of chewing makes me cringe. Maybe when the Vicodin kicks in.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

• Oh poor baby. I hate the f'ing dentist. Always bad news.
      Primal since 9/24/2010
      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I'm hoping to heal the minor cavities and keep that other wisdom tooth. This one refused to heal so I went it and they yanked it out.
        Vicodin kicked in, and I'm hungry, but I guess I'm fasting tonight because I'm too dopey to cook and don't want to chew.
        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
        My Latest Journal

Comment

• The dog is broken, so I hafta take her in to get her fixed today. I'm still not sure about work today. I guess it'll depend on how I feel after dropping the dog off.
          My Latest Journal

Comment

• Okay, I've never had a tooth pulled but there is one I am considering getting yanked. How much does it hurt both during and after?

Comment

• If you have a good dentist, they really make sure you're numbed up before they get in there, so you don't feel a thing during, except a LOT of pressure (no pain) and you hear the crunch as they take pieces out. After.... they're not joking about getting the drugs in your system before the novacaine wears off. I didn't quite get through Walgreens in time, because my extraction took so long and novacaine wears off quick with me, so I was crying in pain and frustration in Walgreens while they took they're sweet time filling. I must've looked like a junkie, but I really didn't care. This morning, the Vicodin has mostly worn off and it doesn't hurt much (still afraid to eat). The total pain amounts to what you feel when you poke a bruise, except for the throbbing in the socket that feels closer to poking a fresh wound in terms of pain. Thing is, both of those pains are constant, and the bruise poking pain radiates halfway up my face. I'm grateful for Vicodin, that's for damn sure, and I may avoid work, because I feel drained and like a zombie.
              Don't expect to want to eat, either. I skipped dinner last night and will probably skip breakfast. After tasting blood for so long and hurting and the Vicodin, eating slips pretty far down on the list of stuff you want to do.
              My Latest Journal

Comment

• Damn. Thanks for the heads up. My dentist is in Mexico and while he is good, I am not sure I want to A) drive for an hour under vicodin or B) drive for an hour in pain without vicodin.

Comment

• Kinda surprised they just yanked it without scheduling it beforehand. Did your face swell up? Why does that happen when they take wisdom teeth out? I had mine out right after my 18th birthday and my face was swollen for a week.
                  Depression Lies

Comment

• Oh yuck... dentist visit is bad enough, but an unexpected extraction? UGH! Hope you can avoid having the other one pulled.
                    My journal

Comment

• Canio...You go to Mexico for the dentist? Sounds scary er...exotic.
                      Primal since 9/24/2010
                      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                        Damn. Thanks for the heads up. My dentist is in Mexico and while he is good, I am not sure I want to A) drive for an hour under vicodin or B) drive for an hour in pain without vicodin.
                        Yeah, I'd say either get them to hit you with novacaine again before you leave, or find a decent local.

Originally posted by Zee View Post
                        Oh yuck... dentist visit is bad enough, but an unexpected extraction? UGH! Hope you can avoid having the other one pulled.
                        Yeah, I wasn't anticipating "Did you want to get it extracted while you're here?" Nearest I can figure, since I was one of the last appointments of the day and it was pretty bad, they gave me the option. I think they could also tell I was hoping to avoid the extraction and put it off. I agreed to it because knew I'd put it off if I made an appointment to do it later.
                        Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                        Canio...You go to Mexico for the dentist? Sounds scary er...exotic.
                        He's a border hopper because govt insurance isn't generally worth the laminate it's printed on, I'll wager. I'm kinda wishing I had dental insurance right now. I know my wallet is.

Skipping the first half of work today. Too dopey and in too much pain to be able to concentrate on my job.
                        My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                          He's a border hopper because govt insurance isn't generally worth the laminate it's printed on, I'll wager.
                          This. Even with the govt dental I'd be looking at hundreds of dollars for most things I can get done in Mexico for about 1/5th the price. My last visit $100. With insurance here $450. Also my dentist is good. He got his DDS in Mexico but did advanced work at UCLA/USC (I can't remember which) and attends conferences etc in the US.

Comment

• Dropping the Froot Loop off at the vet today was hard. I don't like it when my family is in pain, and putting one willingly in pain was hard. I know it's for her own good (and it keeps me from getting a ticket), but it was still hard. Especially since I'm still tired and dopey from the surgery and Vicodin. You know it's bad when the vet receptionist asks if YOU'RE ok (I'm sure I looked just as out of it as I feel.)
                            I also don't like being alone without a dog. I'm sure if something jumped the fence, the most she'd do is lick 'em to death and offer them her toys for them to throw. But it's still comforting having her in the backyard.
                            My Latest Journal

Comment

• I feel the same way about my cat ><. She warms up to anyone within a couple of minutes. It's been a huge help to me emotionally this year, having her with me when I'm otherwise home alone in the evenings.
                              Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                                Canio...You go to Mexico for the dentist? Sounds scary er...exotic.
                                Senor Pepe's tooth extractions - no Vicodin, tequila!

I had all 4 wisdom teeth taken out at the same time, that shit was not fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X