No announcement yet.

Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NK, talk to me tonight. I might have a few resources for you...

(Sorry, forgot who I was talking to for a few minutes.)
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• Wow, I didn't even see that. Twibble, I'll contact you tomorrow.
      Got the Orawellness starter kit. I love the taste of the brushing blend. My teeth already feel a cleaner and smoother, after just one brushing. The brush definitely feels better and seems to clean better.
      Cleaned off the mail counter, did my Flylady stuff. Still need to take my eyes out and lay out my clothes for tomorrow, but I'm done. I even went through the previous occupants' mail and chucked all but the official and legal stuff (legal in TX after a year of nonoccupancy.) If they're dumb enough not to have their stuff forwarded after nearly five years, they deserve whatever comes of their mail landing in the trash.
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
      My Latest Journal

Comment

• Flylady wants me to declutter AND exercise in the mornings? Nope, not happening. I'm not waking up at 0600, 0615 for that. No dice. I'll extend out the 15 minute of evening declutter to half a hour.
        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
        My Latest Journal

Comment

• Actually ended up sorting clothes to be consigned before I left for 10 minutes. It's all clean, just needs to be ironed and hung. I need to stop by Goodwill for cheapo hangers.
          Had most of a chicken breast for breakfast.
          Because of how little I'm eating (~700-900 cal/ day), I'm down to 125 lb. Haven't seen that number in a while. I'd like to get down to 124 by tomorrow, to shock the doc. Not pushing for it, though. If I pushed for it, the nasty little ED/ control freak voice might wake up. I just got it to sleep not long ago, so I have no desire to wake it.
          My Latest Journal

Comment

• Uhhhh...are you ok with metal hangers? Hubby gets them with his work uniforms and tends to accumulate them. I can check the stockpile.
            Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• I'm giving them to the consignment shop, so I don't care. When will y'all be in odessa next?
              My Latest Journal

Comment

• Notes for elimination diet: 2 days off wheat, soy, sugar, legumes, and nightshades, 5 days off everything else. Breathing and nasal passages much clearer. Lost 3 lb. Shoulder and neck noticeably less stiff and painful.
                My Latest Journal

Comment

• Did yardwork when I got home. Mowed, trimmed the hedges, edged (kinda), and raked up 5 years of of leaves/ composted leaves. Went hunting for how the mice were getting in the house, found it, will plug it later. Did my Flylady stuff, still need to iron the stuff I'm consigning. Tomorrow, I guess.
                  Still waiting for dinner to be done. Gyro salad. The meat is awesome. Made Greek dressing for it.
                  My Latest Journal

Comment

• Did it. Down to 124.6.
                    The car goes into the shop today. Will see what it runs to fix that back quarter panel.
                    My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                      My total was 217 at my appt. in August. ... she wants to talk meds next year if it doesn't go down.

Okay, this infuriates me! The old standard for normal was up to 220. They lowered it because of false data, and now that people actually having (in general) lower cholesterol doesn't seem to be reducing heart disease, they want to lower it even further. Naturally, your thinking about cholesterol may be different, but if my doctor ever tried to get me on meds to lower A COMPLETELY NORMAL AND HEALTHY NUMBER, I would laugh in his face.

Whew! Guess that has been building for a while.

Comment

• I have been checking out the flylady site. Her method would definitely need to be modified for me: for one, I am NOT putting on shoes first thing in the morning, if at all. But I like the ideas she has- there's some good stuff there.

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                          Did it. Down to 124.6.
                          The car goes into the shop today. Will see what it runs to fix that back quarter panel.
                          w00t

I hope you get good news.
                          Depression Lies

Comment

• Went to the doc. Told her I went on niacin (which is true) and she damn near literally jumped for joy. Told her how much I was taking and she was even happier. She actually doesn't like statins except for at risk (already had a heart attack or heart surgery) patients. The niacin seems to be a happy middle ground. She also made a big deal of my weight, saying I am at exactly the right weight I need to be for my height and frame. Got after me for missing my female test, but everything else was happy. Didn't do bloodwork, she wants to wait until I've been on the niacin for 3 months.
                            My Latest Journal

Comment

• Sabine, the doc knows I refuse, point blank to take statins. My cholesterol could be 1 million and still no dice. That's why niacin is such a nice truce. I don't do the morning declutter and only put my shoes on right before I leave. I'll keep tweaking it to match my style, much like I did with primal.
                              My Latest Journal

Comment

• Maybe I should consider niacin too. I've read all that stuff about cholesterol but I still worry. I'm at high risk for heart disease b/c of my family history and have had high cholesterol since I first started getting that tested in my 20s. I thought initially it could have been from the birth control, but who knows, I've been off of it for two years. Last year, I did see a reduction and I'm overdue for more testing.
                                Depression Lies

Comment

Working...
                                X