Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's my best guess, Nameless.
    Hit big wins at the thrift store, consignment store, and Tractor Supply. Got a bunch of new shirts, a couple new jackets, and a pair of white trousers. I've been wanting a pair of white trousers for quite a while and something to replace the blue tunic and blue openwork crochet sweater that I gave up on a while back (neither ever quite fit right, so got tossed in the purge.) Got Taste of the Wild puppy chow at Tractor Supply for roughly the same price as her usual, not quite as good, dog food.
    Tonight is giant hunk of cow, sweet potato, and... shit, I can't think of a decent dressing I can eat at this place. It either has vinegar or dairy in it. Ummm... I may sneak in a decent dressing or go dry.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

• So I'm running a near impossible diet until Wednesday: low sat fat elimination diet. In addition to paleo, I'm also cutting nightshades. With a lack of butter, cheese, and a distaste for coconut oil, my choices for fat and thus calories are slim indeed. It's only until Wednesday, when my cholesterol test happens. Then, I can at least have saturated fat.
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
      My Latest Journal

Comment

• Can cholesterol level be lowered that quickly? My total was 217 at my appt. in August. My doctor recommended low fat which I of course did not do. I think mine was high due to binging on junk food. Anyway, she wants to talk meds next year if it doesn't go down.
        Primal since 9/24/2010
        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I think avoiding inflammatory foods will have the most affect, don't see why lowering sat fat would (though I know people on primal tend to run a bit higher).

Any stores or farms sell duck fat in your area? I've been wanting to try it. Whole Foods carries it.
          Depression Lies

Comment

• The niacin can have effect that quickly. Removing saturated fat occasionally can. I think removing the inflammatory foods and sugar, as well as taking the nicain will be my best bet. I'm just hedging my bets by doing the sat fat thing. I'm planning on having something fatty/ greasy that night after my test, as the sat fat removal wasn't meant to be long term. There are also theories that a 24- hr fast, instead of 12, will lower it as well. Not sure I'll do that, especially as few calories as I've been getting.
            I got my hunk of cow last night. The server only heard "no croutons, dressing on the side," when I said "lettuce only, dressing on the side", so I had to pick around and shake off parmesan from the salad. Didn't use the dressing, as there weren't any safe options. Almost blew it and got butter on my sweet potato, but remembered just in time, so ate that dry, as well. Stayed in the immune protocol. I'm sure I blew my sat fat "requirements", even after I cut all the delicious fat off my prime rib. Ignored the au jus in favor of raw horseradish.
            Kinda want something breakfasty, but everything that sounds good has eggs, cheese, or both in it.
            I haven't seen the duck fat, but haven't actively hunted for it either.
            Sunday's list:
            -create meal plan for week
            -buy groceries for meal plan
            -mow?
            -tutor kid
            -Sunday at the in-laws (low sat fat autoimmune protocol is going to be damn near impossible with that.)
            Last edited by naiadknight; 09-15-2013, 09:47 AM.
            My Latest Journal

Comment

• Brunch was Schmaltzy Spaltzy Fish (2 tilapia fillets seasoned with garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper, over spinach, cooked in olive oil and homemade schmaltz.)
              My Latest Journal

Comment

• FUCK! Paprika comes from a pepper. Well, now I know.
                My Latest Journal

Comment

• Not sure if it's the soak in an epsom bath or the oregano, but something is causing my lower gut to clean house. That's the 3rd time today, and I can feel more building...
                  My Latest Journal

Comment

• I love my mother in law to death, except when she thwarts trying to do a new dietary approach. Its not malicious, she just makes what sounds good for dinner. I'm not rude or snotty enough to say "I'm not eating that", especially since she really tries to accomodate the allergy. I may try to talk to her after Niece goes to bed about the elimination diet and try to get her to work with me on it.
                    My Latest Journal

Comment

• Breakfast is a rotisserie chicken tit. Well, half of it. I think the other half will be part of my lunch salad.
                      My Latest Journal

Comment

• I neglected to mention the mug of bone broth that went with breakfast.
                        I think tonight I'll start my Flylady Whole30. It'll keep me occupied and away from bad foods after dinner and make the house better. I need to mow tonight, as well as trim the hedges. I need to rake those leaves too.
                        My Latest Journal

Comment

• I've never had a yard to care for, so now that Hulky is doing that stuff at our new apartment, he is teaching me. Raking is kind of easy/obvious, but hedge trimming? Not sure I want to learn =P. I'd rather he mess it up than me haha
                          Depression Lies

Comment

• Our bushes all have a uniform height: what I can reach. Beyond that, I trim off the stray bits that make it look scraggly. It's not a suburban trim, but the bushes aren't growing wild, either.
                            My Latest Journal

Comment

• Lunch was a nude salad, because finding a recipe for a dressing for AIP without vinegar that keeps well hasn't happened. Chix tit, tail, and wing, all skinless and rinsed/ picked over to remove seasoning, over lettuce, summer squash, cuke, and carrot.
                              My Latest Journal

Comment

• Oh, hey, I can still have citrus. That helps.
                                My Latest Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X