No announcement yet.

Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This one is only partially behaving. I've mostly figured out how the cardinal difference between their world and ours works, and how they have a faith based around it. Unfortunately, the main character that keeps piping up is an outcast from one of the Blasted Realms, and she won't tell me how she starts. I may just hafta start with "She kept following him, and pulled her cloak a little tighter against the wind." Every story starts en medias res, but this is a little closer to the middle than I would like.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

• Started trying the whole cold shower thing again. I still want to run a full week of showers before final decision, but this morning, after my shower, my peak flow (asthma) had improved 20-40 points over last night. Still not sure if that's just clearer morning lungs ir the cold shower, because I'm bad about remembering my peak flow morning test.
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
      My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
        This one is only partially behaving. I've mostly figured out how the cardinal difference between their world and ours works, and how they have a faith based around it. Unfortunately, the main character that keeps piping up is an outcast from one of the Blasted Realms, and she won't tell me how she starts. I may just hafta start with "She kept following him, and pulled her cloak a little tighter against the wind." Every story starts en medias res, but this is a little closer to the middle than I would like.
        That kind of beginning would trap me and I'd be reading on. You can ALWAYS go back and write the beginning of the story as a prequel if needed.
        Primal since March 5, 2012
        SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• I'm glad you are back on your feet, Naiad. Summer crud is the worst.

Comment

• 6 years after the last was published, I finally finished the Harry Potter series in the last 5 days (still had book 5,6, and 7 left when I started.) I may have let most of my life fall by the wayside while devouring those books and been irritable with those that pulled me away. I'm back, though!
            I also discovered that peaches and broc are now on the no go list. Meat's still safe. Wheat is iffy, and dressing is out unless I do it my damn self. I got poisoned at dinner by a few glops of dressing and a dinner roll... unless... shit. Horseradish. *Google fu* SHIT! Ok, poisoned by dressing, horseradish, au jus, and a dinner roll. Maybe even the damn butter, if it's actually margarine. Fuck me. I think I might've been safer with the damn fried catfish!
            With today's steadily jumping reaction, I finally have a sulfite amount that triggers a major reaction (I think.) I theorize that anything beyond the most minimal dosage causes the "mild" symptoms in me: anxiety and ADD. The amount to cause breathing issues beyond asthma is between 750ug and 1mg sulfites. The amount to cause dopiness, headaches, and drowsiness is the same as a single 6 oz serving of wine, or approximately 15 mg sulfites, possibly less.
            My Latest Journal

Comment

• Once I became aware of Harry Potter & was caught up to release dates, I usually read the books first in my house because I'd be done before anyone else was ready to start reading. For the last two, we had to buy multiple copies. Ah, the days of high school summer.
              Depression Lies

Comment

• UGH! I can't even imagine the nightmare you face with this sulfite allergy.

Re: reading. I miss reading uninterrupted! While a life with podlings is rewarding, a life without is also nice. Now I get to read right before bed, and even then, one of the kids tends to holler for me asking for water, to be covered back up, or to announce he can't sleep... Enjoy the reading.

Comment

• The sulfites are a bitch, but I'm adapting. I think my body processes roughly30 ug/ hr of nitrates, more if I'm asleep, less if I'm stressed. I truly envy those with NO necessary dietary restrictions.
                  Re: reading- books have always, always been my escape. I can't do the same thing with movies, although I've tried. It takes a hell of a movie to keep me going past 45 minutes and a decent one for me not to tune out after 2o min. While I eventually want kids, I know my life will change radically and I'll have little to no free time. I also fear flipping out on them ala my mother or father and, in a way, feel like I've already done my mama time and want to skip ahead to kids I can give back.
                  My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                    While I eventually want kids, I know my life will change radically and I'll have little to no free time. I also fear flipping out on them ala my mother or father and, in a way, feel like I've already done my mama time and want to skip ahead to kids I can give back.
                    I can totaly understand this.

Comment

• Today was primal. Discovered a new salad dressing recipe, sulphite free: yogurt, honey, and cider vinegar. Creates one that tastes like a tangy fruit dip, which was perfect with dinner: greens, chix breast, apple, blueberry, dried cranberry, grapes, and walnuts. Mowed, so I got in my sun and slow movement. Missed out on play, aside from a video game on my phone. Overslept, so I got enough sleep.
                      Got broken glass in the dishwasher, so we spent a fair chunk of the evening disassembling the dishwasher, removing all the glass, cleaning out as much lime and gunk as possible, and we're still reassembling it. Hoping that fixes it.
                      My Latest Journal

Comment

• Rebooted Strong Lifts. Corrected a grip error, and suddenly I'm breezing through those impossible barbell rows.
                        5x5 squat, 45 lb
                        5x5 bench press, 45 lb (gods still hate me on this one)
                        5x5 barbell row, 45 lb (probably should've gone with the recommended 65, but I wanted to test the new grip first.)
                        My Latest Journal

Comment

• You just reminded me that I need to clean out my dishwasher. Every so often I take a shop vac to it b/c it seems like even if the plates are relatively clean of debris when they go in, food particles still get trapped in the bottom of the washer... It's kind of gross to think of them coming in contact with my "clean" dishes.

Comment

• Run a dishwasher cleaner through it too. That cleared alot of gunk and flushed it out.
                            Tired, but moving. I get to spend much of the afternoon on the phone or driving to sites. I hate phone calls. I much prefer face to face (with minimal eye contact) or e-mail.
                            My Latest Journal

Comment

• Got home and mowed the backyard. I need a retriever that will actually put its toys away so I don't run them over with the mower (only hit one today, and chucked a few more out of the way, which she of course took to mean "PLAY?!")
                              Got a project that was offloaded onto me when I was hired finally approved by the City. Mind you, it had already been through at least 2 reviews before that. It's been through an entire year of back and forth with the City, and spent all of 3 months of that in our office. It spent probably 8 months of that sitting in a pile at the City, waiting to be reviewed.
                              I hate taking most of my nonpill supplements. I don't care how much lemon extract you put in fish oil, it still tasted like fish, except with lemon (not a fan of fish lemonade.) Zinc picolinate is bitter beyond belief. Vitamin D just tastes... well, fruity nasty. I've started putting it all into a medicine measuring cup that came off a tussin bottle. The fish oil is viscous enough the other float on top. Once it's all in there, I do my shot like a sorostitute shoots cheap liquor, complete with the facial expression.
                              My Latest Journal

Comment

• Haha, my liquid supps are just a few drops each, so I chug it in my morning water, along with the pills. I mixed some organic grape juice in it the other morning and it was a treat! I keep wondering if I should try fish oil again, but fermented cod liver seems to be the best and NO THANK YOU.
                                Depression Lies

Comment

Working...
                                X