No announcement yet.

Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Day 3 of the gunk. Gone from too much sleep to can't sleep. Freaking lymph nodes are in overdrive, and this headache won't go away (Day 4 of the headache.) Well, since I can't sleep, might as well go to work. I was worried, too, because day 3 is when work sees it as critical mass and starts requiring paperwork.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

• Great, I'm a seizure or vomiting away from having meningitis. We'll just hope it's another sinus infection or just the gunk.
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
      My Latest Journal

Comment

• Are you gonna see a doc? I hope this passes soon.
        Depression Lies

Comment

• It seems to have mostly passed. I yarked once, but I'm going to blame an overly enthusiastic mucus pill for that. Who knows what it was, but I seem to be on the down slope of it.
          My Latest Journal

Comment

• Today has been a pensive sort of day. One where you want to sit/ walk and create and think, as opposed to follow the rule and do things "right."
            A friend of... That's not true. A little niggling voice in my head keeps reminding me that I won't be able to quit my day job for writing unless I write. I hopped back on the horse, kinda. Saddle's a little slipshoddy. I have another idea for a series, working on the first, currently. Alanar is still on back burner. It was running a little too hot and fast for it's own good. I need to hold it back and make it bleed before it can go forward. I will finish one of these stories, dammit. Eventua.... scratch that. I give myself until New Year's Eve to finish this damn thing. Which damn thing? Don't know, don't care. One of these fuckers, I WILL finish.
            My Latest Journal

Comment

• Finally Saturday, finally feeling mostly humanoid, and finally got the sleep I needed without being sick. On today' list o' shit: get stamps and mail off those rebates for the vid cards, do dishes, sweep and mop, maybe dig out my discs and go frisbee golfing at a local park.
              My Latest Journal

Comment

• Glad you feel well enough for frisbee.
                Primal since 9/24/2010
                "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Rather than futzing around with disc golf, I cleaned the main bathroom and swept/ mopped the tile in the house. I also took my first foray into freezing veggies: zucchini, jalapenos, and bell peppers. Sliced 'em all up into the largest of the recipe sized chunks, chucked 'em in freezer bags, and put 'em in the chest freezer.
                  Paula, I still have no clue what that was. It's the only viral/ bacterial thing besides mono I've ever had that lasted longer than 24 hours in the "I'm gon' die!" phase. I've started joking around that I caught the Black Plague and kicked it without a doctor.
                  My Latest Journal

Comment

• Hi NK! I'm back after being gone for a long time! Just wanted to pop in & say hi. Since this a new journal for you I'll start at the beginning to catch up. Hope everything is going good in your part of our great state.
                    Hugs!
                    pc
                    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• Glad you're feeling well again, Naiad! Healthy wishes for you.
                      Primal since March 5, 2012
                      SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Thanks for all the well wishes, you guys!
                        I got a lot done today, and I'm pretty well caught up at work. I still need to make a few edits to a report, get some stuff to drafting, and futz with the drainage, but I'm to the point where I don't feel like I'm swamped anymore.
                        Today's food so far has been yogurt, trail mix (nuts and cranberries), a sausage and a plum. Dinner is chili dogs (well, chili and safe sausage for me.) I may have an apple as well.
                        I also got my current boss to sign off as a character witness, meaning I'll get all my SERs signed within the month, I hope. Applications for the April 2014 test start in November. If I'm accepted, I register in December. If I start studying now, I'll get in 8 months of studying. I hope that's enough.
                        Geesh. Writing, work, and studying for an 8 hour exam. I must be mad.
                        My Latest Journal

Comment

• I'm excited that you are writing again.
                          Congrats on making steps toward your SERs. It may seem like a daunting plan, but I bet you can do it.
                          Primal since 9/24/2010
                          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I'm finally making progress towards my technical certifications! Got my study guide in the mail yesterday. It's dauntingly thick, but a glance at the chapter titles tells me I should be okay. Good luck to both of us
                            Depression Lies

Comment

• I'm excited to be writing again, even if this one is forming differently from what I'm accustomed. I'm used to meeting the characters first and learning their world through their eyes. With this one, I'm seeing the world first and haven't quite met the characters yet.
                              My Latest Journal

Comment

• When I was in high school, we were instructed to write a short story. It was only supposed to be a few pages long. I tried and tried and tried to keep it at the length she wanted, but the story just kept going. Sometimes it's completely out of our control.

With that, I don't write anymore. I feel like I just recycle other people's ideas.
                                Primal since March 5, 2012
                                SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

Working...
                                X