No announcement yet.

Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geek ended up bringing home an extra corndog for me from the Sonic knockoff. Sulfited.
    This isn't even one of those allergies you can tell the chef about and ask for a sulphite free menu. The major triggers? Sure, ask if it has wheat/ nuts/ dairy/ etc in it. Sulphites? You hafta guess and cross reference every single thing in that meal, right down to what cheap ingredients they used. IF you find a hopefully safe meal, you better hope none of it came from a can. I'm sick of this. I liked it better when it was cottonseed oik. At least with that one, if it wasn't deep fried, I was probably ok.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

• Even I'm tired of my bitching. There has to be a silver lining here.
      - Not being able to eat shitty food and having to make my own junk food has to be good for me. I am lazy, when it comes to junk. If I wait it out, the urge passes, 95% of the time. Pain is a good reason to wait it out.
      - The only grains I can safely eat are homemade, with the possible exception of bag spag and corn chips. I'm too lazy to bake bread every time I want a bun, and I prefer squash/ chicharonnes to "The original." Bam, deterrent.
      - Not being able to eat most lunchmeats or bacon means I hafta watch the crap more carefully, and seems to end up with me getting the "happy cow/ pig" processed meat.
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
      My Latest Journal

Comment

• Today is a good day so far. I got stuff done for work, fucked around with a few of my buddies at the City while being paid to do so, found peace with the new way of eating, and found something espresso-ey at Fourbucks I like that doesn't have sugar or chocolate syrup in it.
        My Latest Journal

Comment

• Yesterday was awesome, right up until I got hit by sulphites at the restaurant for dinner.At that point, a heavy dose of sulphites hit me like a bag of bricks (and my reaction has been getting stronger with keeping away from allergens.) I went home and took my magic pills, and vegged while waiting for them to kick in. I ended up falling asleep and wafting in and out of sleep for 16 hours. Nearest I can figure, my sleep deprivation over the last 10 days, the benadryl, the sulfites, and my emotional exhaustion all hit me at once and I just had to sleep it off.
          My Latest Journal

Comment

• Wow. what a roller coaster. I'm very sorry that you're allergic to something that has so deeply infiltrated the food system. And here I thought it was hard to avoid dairy/gluten... yikes.
            Primal since March 5, 2012
            SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Eh, shit happens. I'm used to Fate saying "Fuck you!"
              I discovered that a likely cause of the allergy is a genetic inability to process molybdenum properly. (Molybdenum is in the enzyme used to break down sulfites and process to resulting sulfur dioxide/ sulfate.) Given that I have a cousin that is autistic or Down's (I don't remember which) and allergic to "everything," I wouldn't doubt the genetic tie.
              My Latest Journal

Comment

• Aside from not getting everything I wanted done at work, yesterday was a good day. Long, but good. Food was uneventful, nothing worth writing home about. Crustless quiche for breakfast, organic full fat plain yogurt with a safe trail mix for a snack, cuke, blueberries, and cherry toms for lunch, more trail mix, and jambalaya leftovers for dinner. The trail mix is high in various nuts said to be high in molybdenum. Came home, walked the mutt, mowed the backyard, hauled water, ate dinner, and prepped chili for tonight. I do mine in the slow cooker after prep to remove the need for masa as a thickener.
                My Latest Journal

Comment

• Have you considered supplementing molybdenum?
                  Depression Lies

Comment

• I'm going tp try getting it through food first.
                    My Latest Journal

Comment

• Not hungry for lunch. Already had full fat yogurt, trail mix, and a mug quiche, so no real surprise.
                      I'm dead. Work sucks today, mostly from lack of giveadamn.
                      My Latest Journal

Comment

• What can I say, I'm a sucker for supplements =P

Makes me sad to hear about your stressful work environment lately! Is it always like this?
                        Depression Lies

Comment

• It's the job. There is no way to be an engineer without stress and changing deadlines and dumbass co workers. Granted, most of this would go away if the parts of the company would work together, do their damn jobs and learn to say "no" to overly demanding clients. Bonehead 2 (boss's boss) is trying, but he's also getting suckered into politics and hasn't learned yet that you can't please 'em all.
                          I still dream of going my own way and dropping the engineering to write or doing something else. I also am too closely intertwined to reality and monetary needs to really do that. Generally, once I get done with work and whatever needs to be done around the house, I'm too zonked for creative work. I need to start just blocking out a time in my day and saying I WILL write during this time. That involves finding somewhere that's not the office or the house (too many distractIons in each) to write. Fourbucks is an option, but gets expensive ($2-4/ day adds up.)
                          My Latest Journal

Comment

• Home sick today. Feels like the flu, sans the yarking. headache, joint aches, fatigue, possible fever, and sleeping whenever possible. Dinner's going to be a bear, because we're planning on ordering in (Geek's not feeling that hot, either.) Already had my pills and trail mix (specifically put together with the nuts, drupes, and legumes highest in molybdenum.)
                            My Latest Journal

Comment

• Hey, look it's flu day 2. Still mostly just exhaustion (where any movement beyond rolling over in bed requires a nap.) No normal people fever either, although I'm running .5- 1.5 degrees high for me.
                              My Latest Journal

Comment

• I hope you feel better soon.
                                Primal since March 5, 2012
                                SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

Working...
                                X