No announcement yet.

Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm confused about your sister... what was her crime again? Did she commited it against your grandmother? I would venture a guess that her living with your parents would violate her parole unless they sign an agreement that says she can live there, like you said, but per her parole, I don't think she would be able to frequent holiday gatherings b/c you too would have to sign a form allowing her to come into contact with you. Messed up deal.

I have a cousin who has what they suspect to be autism/bi-polar disorder (why they grouped them is beyond me b/c they're two different illnesses). Anyhow, he causes problems all the time - he lives in a halfway house because his mom can't handle him (she doesn't try either). At one point, when he was younger and she'd had a new baby, she was worried he'd harm the baby, so she put a slide lock on his bedroom door so he couldn't get out and harm the baby at night. DHS got wind of this and told her she could not do that and had to remove the lock. They granted her the authorization to put him in a group home if she was truly worried about the health and safety of the baby. He's been in and out of the system since then. I think he was 7 or so when she shipped him off.

At one point he came home on "leave" to visit with family and barred himself in her house with a loaded shotgun and refused to come out. Police finally talked him out of the house and he went to the University psych ward for testing and was again committed to a halfway house - where he lit a trash can on fire and started all kinds of fights with people. He was later kicked out and had to find a new home. I think he's been in 3 or 4 different halfway houses. After getting kicked out of the last one, he was sent to live with his dad, who himself should be considered a low functioning adult/mildly mentally handicapped as a direct result of a motorcycle accident that landed him in ICU in a coma for 2 weeks (went head first into a road sign). He now drinks himself into an oblivion and does drugs. He's been commited to rehab facilities by the state on more than 3 occasions, but comes home and does the same crap all over again. So, they sent a young adult with obvious anger and self-control issues to live with his alcoholic father who suffered significant brain trauma... We had to warn all the stores in town to watch him b/c he's a shoplifter as well. My cousin wasn't there long before someone put him in another home.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• My sister's supposed crime was conspiracy to murder my grandmother. I believe her then husband had every intention to do so. Cassie would have committed suicide before intentionally harming my grandmother. Her then husband played her for a pansy. He and what I suspect was his true accomplice tried to pin it on on cassie. It worked, but his sentence was longer. The little bitch skipped away scot free.
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
      My Latest Journal

Comment

• wow... that's messed up. What was the motive?
        Primal since March 5, 2012
        SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• The motive was that everything my grandmother had would go to him/ them, which was flawed logic. My grandmother laughed at it, even. He (they, maybe) seemed to believe that, since she allowed them to sponge off her, they would be entitled to what precious little of an estate she had. That logic presumed that somehow, one granddaughter or scumbag of a grandson-in-law would come ahead of her daughter, sons, and other grandchildren in the line of succession. I think my grandmother told him, after they got arrested and Cassie wasn't around, that he could have her bills when she died because he "sure as sin wasn't getting anything else and you can't destroy a dead woman's credit."
          Cassie eventually woke up, a little, in prison and divorced him. To my knowledge, all of his shit that they cleared out of my grandmother's property is in a little storage locker. I think Mom stopped paying the bill on it the instant Cassie signed the divorce papers.
          Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
          My Latest Journal

Comment

• Oh wow, I didn't realize that was what happened with your sister. Crazy stuff.
            Georgette

Comment

• My sister is her own brand of crazy and got roped in by the "love" of a loser who probably just wanted to get laid on a regular basis.
              My Latest Journal

Comment

• Well, that would be why my sense of smell has been off. My face started tingling and hurting earlier today in a way that can really only mean one thing: sinus infection. One doc visit later and I'm on amoxicillin and mucinex. Goodbye, happy gut bacteria. See you in a couple weeks, after I replenish you with probiotics. Hopefully, the rotkraut helps my keep a little of it, but because it isn't truly fermented, I'm not holding my breath.
                My Latest Journal

Comment

• No, spammer, I have no desire for any stupid emotigifs. Or whatever it is you're trying to get me to buy. GTFO.
                  My Latest Journal

Comment

• Kudos, two spamtwats in three posts, impressive..........

Hope the sinuses are better.

Comment

• Stupid sinuses. I hope it all clears quickly!
                      Depression Lies

Comment

• I almost wish the the damn things didn't exist in humans on days like this. I know, I know, beneficial, yadayada, but when I hafta stay home from work because of the fever, pain, and exhaustion, I'm not happy.
                        My Latest Journal

Comment

• Feeling mildly better, but not 100% yet.
                          Also ran wheat test 2 last night. The ensuing assplosions today confirmed my suspicions. Dammit.
                          Had salad and soup for lunch. Quite possibly having more salad for dinner.
                          My Latest Journal

Comment

• Dinner was salad, buttered steamed broc, steak bits, and a baked potato, with dairy. Seems every time I proclaim "I'M GOING PALEO" my brain goes "but look, dairy!"
                            My Latest Journal

Comment

• Yup the minute I declared in my journal that I was going paleo for life, the dairy monster came out. Worse, we have a ton of cheese left over from my son's graduation party.
                              Last edited by Pebbles67; 07-12-2013, 08:04 AM.
                              Primal since 9/24/2010
                              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I think I'm going to give up on proclamations. I thought about ditching on the chiro for a while and farked up my neck again.
                                Lunch was spag squash and leftover sauce.
                                My Latest Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X