Clear All

• Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
    I was a bit wobbly after what was apparently too much wine,
    don't ya hate it when that happens

OUCH! Sounds sore

Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
    Some more wine.
    Wow! I couldn't even think about wine today
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• It is still sore today, but not as bad. It was better when I took off the splint to shower, do hair & mascara, which is good. Less pain, more mobility, though obviously still pretty limited. Might be interesting to put my hair up neatly into the requisite bun for work in uniform tomorrow... And I managed to make dinner one handed, though sprinkling spices was rather haphazard. Being ambidextrous would be a real asset...haha. The hand is still quite swollen, and some lovely black and blue colours.

As for more wine yesterday, actually, I felt fine, after the initial grogginess when I got up. Surprisingly so. I was up till after 3 when son #1 came home from work, and slept till around 11.

Last night slept 1 till 1030. Was able to manage filling my car up with gas and a trip to Costco. The set of dishes I bought from there last year (of which the boys have broken one small and one large plate) is finally back!! So I picked up another set of a 4 piece place setting. Less than $45.

Eats:
      black coffee
      2 samples of cheese plus one almond roca candy at Costco
      one pepperoni stick
      D: 2 pork chops, salad (arugula, spinach, raspberry vinaigrette).
      2 glasses of wine, 3 squares of baci hazelnut dark chocolate truffle.

Work should be fun tomorrow (NOT) with the splint. And I have a lot of computer work to do.
      I'll have to go into the medical clinic at the base first thing in the morning, as that's required when you have to seek outside medical attention after work hours. Hopefully won't take too long.

The boys think I should make up a good story about "you should see the other girl..." regarding explaining the injury to my colleagues...
      My musings

The old stuff

Comment

The boys think I should make up a good story about "you should see the other girl..." regarding explaining the injury to my colleagues...
        Ha!

Probably be less embarrassing than "wine wobbles"
        "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
        "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
        "Moderation sucks." Suse
        "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Oh, ouch! Ligaments and thumbs and falls - not a good mix! At least you have a decent party story to tell. One of my students broke her wrist doing the limbo in a drunken state, which we all had fun with for months.

My big injury story was when DH and I were going out and he decided to get romantic and carry me to the bedroom. He didn't see the couch in the way . Haven't tried it since!
          Started Feb 18 2011

Tried basic primal and almost everything else in pursuit of IBS control, mood stability, and weight loss.

Journalling here

Comment

• I had to see the Drs at the military clinic today. He (a friend of mine) said that since there was some questionable findings on the xray of one of the wrist bones (scaphoid), that I need to wear the splint for 2 weeks and then re-xray. Seriously, I'm not happy. Work was frustrating, I took off the splint for a bit since I can't really type with it, aside from one handed. Then I got pretty sore. Yeah, yeah, self inflicted wounds suck. So much for yoga or getting back to lifting in the near future.

Had a good lunch out with a rep from a civilian air ambulance company that we contract with from time to time at the Keg steakhouse. It was pretty good.

Eats:
            black coffee
            L: bunless burger with cheddar, avocado & bacon, sweet potato fries with herbed mayo.
            D: few oz of leftover steak that son #1 didn't grab. Dill pickles. 4 pieces of dark chocolate.

I'm annoyed with son #1, he was leaving for the gym with a buddy as I was getting home, and said he was called to work at 6. I thought he'd come home for my car, but seems to have been running late at the gym (I think buddy's mom was working out there at the same time), and he didn't come back, so must have gone straight to work, and I see his bag of work clothes is not here. So I have no idea how late he's working, which could be 10 or 11, and I don't know if he has a ride or needs me to get him. He doesn't keep his phone on him at work, so hasn't got my irate texts. I'm not impressed.
            My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Last night the kid was done by 920, so I got over my annoyance after a brief discussion about keeping me informed. Dingbat.

Sore today. Got some stronger pain meds for end of day. Work is tough, one handed typing not so good.

Eats:
              black coffee
              L: 2 pork chops, dill pickles, larabar
              D: wings

Thats pretty much it for today.
              My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Sounds like you're doing really well.

Great on the reduction in cravings! I'm going through some withdraws myself right now. Oh, and sleep- yes- we need sleep!

Hope your son is okay!

Comment

• [QUOTE=Greensprout;644554] Yeah, yeah, self inflicted wounds suck. [/QUOTE

Yup
                  "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

Sore today. Got some stronger pain meds for end of day. Work is tough, one handed typing not so good.
                    Glad you got some stronger meds.
                    I found some strong pain meds leftover from my Daughter's ACL surgery. I haven't taken any yet...I thought about it this morning...
                    I'm glad I'm a supply teacher, I can (and did) turn down jobs this week.
                    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Originally posted by winencandy View Post
                      I found some strong pain meds leftover from my Daughter's ACL surgery. I haven't taken any yet...I thought about it this morning...
                      Yeah, if you need them, great to have, but leave in reserve if you're doing okay without, is my thinking. I'm okay with the antiinflammatory and a dose of the stronger stuff once in the evening, after doing stuff.

Yesterday's eats:
                      black coffee
                      L: wings and dill pickles
                      D: ground beef with 4 runny yolk eggs, avocado & hot sauce
                      glass of wine

More mobility with less discomfort today when I take the splint off, but still sore and lovely colours of bruising that cover half my palm and extend below the wrist. Definitely less swelling. I started on heat tonight instead of ice, which felt nice (just took it off, so the splint is off and I can type reasonable normally).

This afternoon we had a holiday ceremony thing, so there was a buffet of finger type foods, mostly fried and breaded, but there were some decent options. I obviously couldn't shake all the hands as is typically part of the ritual, so I resorted to a combination of left hand modified shakes, finger wagging, elbow tapping, and the ever popular with my younger kid - (gentle) knuckle tap...was kind of funny

Eats:
                      black coffee
                      cheese, lovely jumbo shrimp, smoked salmon, 3 mussels, 2 questionable sweet meatballs, 2 bits of sausage, few raw red and green sweet pepper slices. Hubby had the cheesecake, I declined the sweets in favour of a black coffee
                      D: not hungry. had a pepperoni stick, might have some greek yogurt & fruit.
                      glass of wine.
                      My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• well I hope this wrist problem doesnt become uglier... I sprained my wrist falling off a bike when I was a kid and geez that was annoying and painful, so I feel for you. Thankfully (touch wood) no injuries for me of late, other than the crick in my neck.

How the hell you declined cheesecake is beyond me. Sometimes I read your food log and think you dont eat much???

Comment

• Originally posted by Suse View Post
                          How the hell you declined cheesecake is beyond me. Sometimes I read your food log and think you dont eat much???
                          I was never big on cheesecake. As for the food log...it does not usually reflect quantities...a typical day if I'm not trying deliberately to cut back totals in the range of 1800 to 2000 cal easy. I really like food. Today is not typical at all, for some reason, I'm not particularly hungry. Presently having something like 3/4 to 1 cup (didn't measure) of greek yogurt with frozen blueberries, raspberries, chocolate protein powder, coconut flakes and a few pecan crumbs.
                          My musings

The old stuff

Comment

Yeah, if you need them, great to have, but leave in reserve if you're doing okay without, is my thinking.
                            I think I'll save them. I wonder how long they are good for. They are over a year old...

More mobility with less discomfort today when I take the splint off, but still sore and lovely colours of bruising that cover half my palm and extend below the wrist. Definitely less swelling. I started on heat tonight instead of ice, which felt nice (just took it off, so the splint is off and I can type reasonable normally).
                            I'm glad it's getting a bit better.
                            Bruises can be SO beautiful

I obviously couldn't shake all the hands as is typically part of the ritual, so I resorted to a combination of left hand modified shakes, finger wagging, elbow tapping, and the ever popular with my younger kid - (gentle) knuckle tap...was kind of funny
                            Hehehehe

Originally posted by Suse View Post
                            How the hell you declined cheesecake is beyond me. .
                            +100
                            "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• I had some encouraging news yesterday about my application to transfer from the reserves to regular force...as a result of being proactive and contacting a few people with potential influence. We'll see how it goes. I feel a bit less stressed on that front.

Last night hubby and I headed to the mall to browse replacement wedding bands. We're looking at the tungsten carbide ones. Found some we liked at 2 stores, didn't buy on impulse, but got some great ideas. We had dinner out, and then had to go meet one of hubby's guys at the airport who was just returning from Afghanistan, then gave him a ride home across town, as his wife didn't want to drag the kid out that late. Opened a bottle of wine when we got home (after 11), and ended up rather late, which resulted in a good sleep in till nearly noon. Had a gin & tonic with dinner, was okay, but nothing exciting, full sugar tonic. Didn't taste as sickly sweet as the last time I had this drink with diet tonic.

Yesterday:
                              black coffee
                              some coconut oil, green tea, pouch of tuna
                              D: tuna tartare, grilled free range chicken topped with goat cheese & crispy sage, broccoli, snow peas & peppers. couple of hubby's sweet potato fries. 1 gin & tonic
                              wine

Today:
                              wasn't particularly hungry
                              black coffee
                              bit of coconut oil
                              D: very large grilled sirloin, mushrooms, sauteed sweet peppers. One rum & stevia. Wine. couple of spoonsful of chocolate ice cream with peanut butter swirls & mini peanut butter cups. Meh. Not worth it.

The had is still sore, mostly the base of the thumb in the palm. The lovely bruising continues, but when I do remove the splint, the mobility does continue to improve. Supposed to keep the damn thing on till xray on Friday morning.
                              My musings

The old stuff

Comment

I had some encouraging news yesterday about my application to transfer from the reserves to regular force...as a result of being proactive and contacting a few people with potential influence. We'll see how it goes. I feel a bit less stressed on that front.
                                Excellent!
                                Less stress is good

Opened a bottle of wine when we got home (after 11), and ended up rather late, which resulted in a good sleep in till nearly noon.
                                sleep ins = excellent

The had is still sore, mostly the base of the thumb in the palm. The lovely bruising continues, but when I do remove the splint, the mobility does continue to improve. Supposed to keep the damn thing on till xray on Friday morning.
                                Hopefully they will give you the OK to remove it then.
                                "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

Working...
                                X