X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Suse View Post
    Now I've got a hankering for burgers with salsa and guacamole.... damn you
    They're really good!

Trying to get stuff done at work today as I have some deadlines for before I leave and so there's some things in order for when I get back...with mixed success.

Out for a good walk at lunch, to the park and back for about 70 minutes. Nice in the sun, temp about 14C. I have a knee that's feeling a bit sore, not sure why. Still tight hamstrings too. I suppose a proper massage would be a good idea, should remember to book one eventually.

Fasted until dinner, total somewhere between 19 and 20 hours.
    0630: black coffee
    1830: 2 oz chicken breast
    1900: 3 jumbo (all double yolk) eggs over easy on a bed of kale & mushrooms, 4 slices bacon. Stuffed. And still am 2 hours later.

The whole lot comes to somewhere around 800 cal...if I get nibbly later I'll have more, if not, no doubt I'll eat plenty more another day. Hadn't specifically planned IF today, but woke up still kind of full from the chicken wings so just didn't bother, and it was easier to not pack a lunch.

Now I'm getting a head start on packing instead of leaving it all until tomorrow, washing stuff, etc. Picking Mom up from the airport after work, and hope to spend some time with her instead of spending the evening packing, and I leave the house around 8am on Sun. I'm going to ask hubby if I can take his netbook along (as my laptop is kinda bulky) since he'll have his iPad2 for his trip, then at least I'll have connectivity in my room, if there's some down time in the evenings. Granted, maybe a week offline isn't such a bad thing. We'll see.
    My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
      Hmm, yes. Mine is simply avocado, fresh squeezed lime, worchestershire, cumin, whatever hot sauce is at hand, coarsely mash with fork. But alas, not for today. Wings alone in large numbers were plenty. That, plus 2 squares of 71% camino chocolate, one dipped in macadamia butter, the other in hazelnut butter. Nicely satisfied a sweet craving.
      That sounds good. Mine is just avocado, garlic, lemon (or lime) juice, oil (olive or avocado) a tiny pinch of salt, and if I have it, tomato & red (or green) onion.

Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
      Now I'm getting a head start on packing instead of leaving it all until tomorrow, washing stuff, etc. Picking Mom up from the airport after work, and hope to spend some time with her instead of spending the evening packing, and I leave the house around 8am on Sun. I'm going to ask hubby if I can take his netbook along (as my laptop is kinda bulky) since he'll have his iPad2 for his trip, then at least I'll have connectivity in my room, if there's some down time in the evenings. Granted, maybe a week offline isn't such a bad thing. We'll see.
      I'm away next week too. I think I'll spend the time "off-line"
      "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
      "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
      "Moderation sucks." Suse
      "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
      "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Very busy workday. Even stayed a bit late, and then off to pick up my mom at the airport. Packing pretty much done, just the final stuff in the morning. A long day of flying ahead, and then hello Anchorage for a week. Should be fun.

No workout today, decided to work through lunch to get stuff done.

Today's eats:
        B: coffee with coconut milk
        9am: about 6 macadamia nuts
        12pm: pouch of tuna
        D (7pm): 2 grilled pork chops, big salad with balsamic vinaigrette.

Norcal margarita packing, and some wine with mom.

I've decided to not bring hubby's netbook and to go offline for the week. It makes sense, as the days are all conference, we have a group going and have some work stuff to do in the evenings, and sleep/downtime might be nice too. The forums have become a bit weird lately, some days I find it like a train wreck, where as bad as it is, I can't not read the nonsense.

See you all next week.
        My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Have a great trip, enjoy your down-time
          My Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by NourishedEm View Post
            Have a great trip, enjoy your down-time
            Yes!
            My Primal Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by NourishedEm View Post
              Have a great trip, enjoy your down-time
              Double yes!
              "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
              "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
              "Moderation sucks." Suse
              "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• I'm going to miss you girls while you are off line have a great week.

Comment

• I'm back, was home Fri evening. Mom is still here until tomorrow, so just a quick post.

The conference was really good, and the panel presentation my group did went very well. Made a few good contacts as well. The hotel was lovely, and although I didn't get a chance to get out of the city (or even the downtown), Anchorage is quite lovely. My hotel room had a corner, so I had huge windows on 2 sides with views of the ocean and mountains.

I ate amazing fresh wild caught seafood every dinner. I think in order the mains were: halibut, halibut (better the second night), alaska king crab legs, cashew crusted salmon on white bean ragu, seafood stew and then rare yellowfin tuna with a wasabi cream sauce. Most fantastic. I did have a couple of desserts late in the week, and now seem to be in a sweet craving episode, not helped by hubby bringing back some pralines from New Orleans (at least there were only a few). And I found an individual sized maple bacon cheesecake...it just begged to be eaten. Worth every bite.

Yardwork to do today, more later...
                  My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• maple bacon cheesecake!!!!!!!! I seriously just cannot even imagine that!!!

Sounds like you definitely didnt need to have any fish oil supplementation during the week

Nice to have you back.

Comment

• Well done on your presentation, glad you had a productive trip. Your food sounds amazing, I could happily eat seafood everyday and your menu sounds great!

Don't worry about the sweet craving, you'll get back on the wagon now you're home. I would certainly break my diet for a maple bacon cheesecake... WOW!!
                      My Journal

Comment

• Glad you had a good time! That food sounds amazing!
                        My Primal Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
                          I ate amazing fresh wild caught seafood every dinner. I think in order the mains were: halibut, halibut (better the second night), alaska king crab legs, cashew crusted salmon on white bean ragu, seafood stew and then rare yellowfin tuna with a wasabi cream sauce. Most fantastic.
                          Sounds awesome!

Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
                          And I found an individual sized maple bacon cheesecake...it just begged to be eaten. Worth every bite.
                          Originally posted by NourishedEm View Post
                          I would certainly break my diet for a maple bacon cheesecake... WOW!!
                          Ah, YES!!!!
                          "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Haven't yet caught up on other people's journals, probably won't get there tonight either. A few things on the go, mostly taxiing the kids around for soccer, socializing, and so on. Mom left today, and yesterday we spent a lot of time outdoors getting the backyard sorted out, managed to turn my shoulders a nice shade of pink. I'm hoping to get a few things planted on the upcoming long weekend.

I'm still battling the sugar demon, which actually sort of makes sense considering the other pms stuff going on at the moment. Funny, I never really had sweet cravings that time of month before primal, at least not that much. Maybe because I used to eat more of it more regularly?? Anyway, I had purchased some slightly sweetened young coconut that's sort of dried at Costco...and managed to pretty much dive head first into the bag after work today. Lets just say it hit the sweet spot and I stuffed it in until I actually started to have a belly ache on top of the bloating and cramps. Not particularly my most shining moment. I won't be surprised if it doesn't get my insides moving in a not so pleasant way tomorrow...And a bit of dark chocolate came later. I probably should toss the coconut...Right now I feel very tired, probably coming down off the sugar.

Didn't get to the gym today, as the gym beside my work is closed as it is currently housing a bunch of troops brought in to assist in the flood relief efforts. There is another bigger gym across the base, which is a lot busier. And my locker is off limits, so no walk to the park as there's no place to shower and change. I decided this is a good time to go back to the PB Fitness for a couple of weeks, so did that after work. After a good week of no workouts besides walking, it was a really good challenge. Then a 45 min walk. This was after the coconut load, I had to do something.

Today's eats:
                            B: coffee with cream
                            L: mom's veggie soup (mostly borscht like with cream), a tin of tuna with a bit of avocado oil
                            S: copious amounts of coconut. a pepperoni stick, 8 macadamia nuts, 2 squares dark chocolate.
                            D: leftover steak & mushrooms, bit of asparagus. 2 more squares dark chocolate.

I think a good fasting day might be in order for tomorrow. Unless I wake up ravenous from the carb load today, in which case maybe a good meal of eggs might be a good start to the day. We'll see in the morning.

I have to head out shortly and pick up the boys. Will try to get to bed at a reasonable hour, was up late Sunday as it was Mom's last night. I had a 3 hour time change to adjust to from the trip, but think that's sorted out by now, mostly anyway.
                            My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• A decent night's sleep, nearly 7 hours, could be better but not bad. Stayed in bed an extra bit as I wasn't planning on prepping any meals this morning.

I did decide to go the IF route today. I expect it will end up around 18 hours or so, or at least that's the plan at the moment. Feeling a bit hungry at the moment, but that generally fades with a cup of green tea or something similar.

Oh...forgot to mention...when hubby was in New Orleans last week he actually bought himself a pair of VFFs! Found a shop that had every style in stock, he tried on a bunch and chose the KSO Trek with the heavier sole. Red & black. I'm jealous. I like the sprints I got online, but they are actually a touch big. All the sizing charts said that a size up from your KSO size is needed for the sprints and classics, I kind of thought they seemed a tad long when I first got them, and should have sent them back, but I was so happy to have them, plus they arrived in time for my birthday, and so on. I wear them a lot, but need to stick to the KSOs for longer walks or maybe sprints too. I've had some rubbing spots due to them being a tad large. Phooey. I wish I had had a chance to try them on first, but no stores in the city have them.
                              My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• IF for 18.5 hours today.
                                Black coffee and assorted green tea & water during the day.
                                D: homemade caesar salad with BBQ chicken breast, some of the addictive coconut (FAR less than yesterday's coconut fest) plus 1 square dark chocolate
                                S: chicken thigh and half a pepperoni stick.
                                Maybe something more, on the protein side?

Left work early for PT, so did an hour walk with some jogging spurts and a couple of sprints. Out for son #2's soccer game from 7-925pm. No soccer tomorrow, but son #1 works until 10 or a bit longer, so will have to pick him up. An actual "early" bed is hard to achieve.

Still feeling horribly bloated, waiting for Mother Nature to let loose. Otherwise a good day. Okay, maybe the coconut was unnecessary, but I kept it to a more reasonable amount. And the bag is nearly finished...good grief.
                                My musings

The old stuff

Comment

Working...
                                X