Primal Journal **Greensprout**

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
    Okay, I caved. It was a good sized glass. And an apple with almond butter.

As a fellow mom of boys, I'm hoping you're right. I suspect you are.

Off to bed.
    I'll pm you.

Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
    Actually, I think there is, it just takes about 5 or 6 more years...if we get there.
    You will

Done is done.
    yes

And I chose to have one martini tonight. Topping off the chocolate.
    Of note, I have put my scale away. I'll be checking back in a month. I miss it in the mornings.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Sleep last night just over 6 hours. Not quite there. Felt not too bad today however. I know I function much better on 7-8 hours, that's just harder to get during the week.

No new developments with the kid stress today. That's a good thing.

I didn't get in any workout, as there is another interfering issue *TMI alert*, that is, I'm rather embarassed to say, is the flare up of a <ahem> hemorrhoid that comes back every now and again since pregnancy. Damn, but it's nasty this time. And no idea why. Might have to seek some assistance from more than OTC stuff this time. Just what I needed.

So onto today's eats:
      B: coffee with coconut milk
      1030: 3 HB eggs, some homemade mayo, 1/2 an avocado, 3 pepperoni sticks, last of last night's roasted veg. Stuffed.
      ate several crappy chocolates at work.
      D: pastured local ham, kitchen sink salad.

Later, had a glass of wine with a hot bath. Seems in tune with the way the week has been going.
      My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• oh yeah, haemorhoids. ouch. I feel your pain. I used to suffer badly, havent had too many issues since I had them injected when I had a colonoscopy a few years back. for me, it is standing for long periods (or walking, particulary on concrete) that brings them out.

Comment

• Um, yeah, my tender bits are a little less intense today. Did see the doc and got some stuff with cortisone, so that should help immensely over the weekend. He suggested if it gets that bad again they should get me a consult to a surgeon. Yikes. And of course, to add insult to injury, I get my medical care from the people I work with...just lovely when dealing with issues in the personal bits.

Was out with son #1 practicing driving as he wanted to go to a friend's house for the evening. He managed to only stall about 8 times! Not doing too badly, really, for a noob, especially in winter conditions in the dark with a stickshift. He'll get there. If all goes well, next Sept he will be eligible for his road test and then will be wanting to borrow my car all the time. Just great. I remember how exciting that was at 16.

Managed to avoid all candy/crap chocolate at work today. Don't know what was up with that this week. And I've successfully avoided the scale this week, which is probably a good thing.

Today's eats:
          B: coffee with coconut milk, later a tea with coconut milk. Couple of tsps of coconut oil through the day.
          L: out with colleagues for a farewell at Tony Roma's Ribs. Bunless burger with swiss & bacon, pickle, side salad (with bits of cheddar and fake bacon bits) with oil & vinegar. Burger was kind of dry and blackened around the edges. Very well done. Kind of blech.
          D: 3 baked chicken thighs with SOG BBQ sauce. Very good. Broccoli, which I tried with coconut oil instead of butter. Meh. I prefer butter, but it was okay. One square of 70% G&B mint chocolate.
          My musings

The old stuff

Comment

And of course, to add insult to injury, I get my medical care from the people I work with...just lovely when dealing with issues in the personal bits.

Was out with son #1 practicing driving as he wanted to go to a friend's house for the evening. He managed to only stall about 8 times! Not doing too badly, really, for a noob, especially in winter conditions in the dark with a stickshift. He'll get there. If all goes well, next Sept he will be eligible for his road test and then will be wanting to borrow my car all the time. Just great. I remember how exciting that was at 16.
            Ah, yes, I remember doing this. The last one will be this summer. The girl. And my Beetle.

Managed to avoid all candy/crap chocolate at work today. Don't know what was up with that this week. And I've successfully avoided the scale this week, which is probably a good thing.
            Yes!
            "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
            "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
            "Moderation sucks." Suse
            "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Managed to avoid all candy/crap chocolate at work today. Don't know what was up with that this week. And I've successfully avoided the scale this week, which is probably a good thing.
              i bet you'll have your period in a couple of days or something, and then you'll go, oh yeah...

Comment

• Originally posted by Suse View Post
                i bet you'll have your period in a couple of days or something, and then you'll go, oh yeah...
                Good thought, but alas, I'm a week past the end of the last one. Chalk it up to stress, perhaps. Done and over now, anyway.

The cold virus I picked up from the kids over the holidays, that I thought was very nearly gone, has returned with a vengeance overnight. I woke several times with completely clogged sinuses and a sore throat from the resulting mouth breathing. And of course, all the gurgling and sputtering ended up waking hubby lots...and now he's getting symptoms too. Guess I'll continue the vit C and high dose D for a while. At least the other end is feeling considerably better.

I did have wine last night, in the bath with a good book. I just pop the e-reader in a ziplok freezer bag in case of accidental splashes. It was Friday...

Just took a batch of organic grass fed beef stock out of the slowcooker, where it had been simmering for about 40 hours. I guess I'll make soup this week, either that or freeze it. I went looking for the chicken left from last night, there were at least 8 drums & thighs saved...dismayed to discover only one thigh left for me. Hard to keep good leftovers with a hubby and 2 man sized boys in the house. I have a jar of the SOG BBQ sauce left, so might have to make these again this week.

Now it's time to start my next online course for work, at least this is the last one.
                My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Today's eats:
                  B: coffee with coconut milk
                  4pm: 1 chicken thigh, kale chips. 2 tsp coconut oil later on.
                  D: 9pm. Striploin steak, roasted asparagus, sauteed mushrooms. Shared a bottle of lovely BC pinot noir. Later had 1 1/2 squares of Lindt 70% cherry chili chocolate, not bad. Bowl of frozen mixed berries with coconut milk and toasted coconut.

I broke my glasses last night. Was cleaning them and an arm just snapped off. Not happy about that. At least I have several pairs of old ones with the same prescription. I also have contacts, but don't wear them every day, doesn't work well when I don't have enough sleep.

I do have to add, that despite my on some levels not so good week, I did successfully avoid having nuts, and no dairy aside from small amounts of butter (and not every day, either).
                  My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Up late, slept in.

B: coffee with coconut milk. 4 slices bacon with 3 over easy eggs
                    L: maybe 2 oz of the last of the holiday hard salami, kale chips. Later some toasted coconut & macadamia nuts.
                    D: 2 grassfed organic beef burger patties topped with guacamole & salsa, side of spinach sauteed in the burger pan.
                    2 glasses of white wine. It's Sunday, probably shouldn't be doing that. A glass went with a bath and a second seemed to follow.

This cold virus is a pain. Son #2, patient zero, who originally got this before the holidays is recovering, though still sounds congested and has a nasty cough. Currently, hubby, son #1 and I have congestion, coughing and sneezing. I did try one of those nasal strips last night, as they were handed out as a sample at Costco yesterday, I think it helped. I have one for tonight...will give it a second round.

Hubby finally has the Vegas pics loaded on the home server for me to access, so I will be posting a few in the next couple of days.

Ok, I think I need to go to bed. Should be starting handover with the new job position this week, just waiting on the contract details to be sorted out. I'll probably spend the next week or two jumping back and forth across the base to do handover for each. Once I do the switch, hubby and I will probably commute together, as we'll be working in the same building. We've never done that before...might be interesting...heehee.
                    Last edited by Greensprout; 01-10-2011, 09:35 AM.
                    My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• is this another new position or did you change your mind about the one I thought you had decided against going for? Or am i just gettign totally confused!

so cant wait to see vegas photos. I need to start a countdown!

Comment

I went looking for the chicken left from last night, there were at least 8 drums & thighs saved...dismayed to discover only one thigh left for me. Hard to keep good leftovers with a hubby and 2 man sized boys in the house.
                        Yup...

I broke my glasses last night. Was cleaning them and an arm just snapped off. Not happy about that. At least I have several pairs of old ones with the same prescription. I also have contacts, but don't wear them every day, doesn't work well when I don't have enough sleep.
                        I hate it when that happens

I do have to add, that despite my on some levels not so good week, I did successfully avoid having nuts, and no dairy aside from small amounts of butter (and not every day, either).

Hubby finally has the Vegas pics loaded on the home server for me to access, so I will be posting a few in the next couple of days.
                        Can't wait!

Ok, I think I need to go to bed. Should be starting handover with the new job position this week, just waiting on the contract details to be sorted out. I'll probably spend the next week or two jumping back and forth across the base to do handover for each. Once I do the switch, hubby and I will probably commute together, as we'll be working in the same building. We've never done that before...might be interesting...heehee.
                        Good luck with the new job!
                        "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Originally posted by Suse View Post
                          is this another new position or did you change your mind about the one I thought you had decided against going for? Or am i just gettign totally confused!
                          No, it's me confusing you. I had decided against one opportunity, and promptly another one came along. It's a year term, and I backfilled it for over 4 months about 2 years ago, and really liked it. So I applied and got offered the position.

[/QUOTE]so cant wait to see vegas photos. I need to start a countdown![/QUOTE]
                          Photos coming. And when are you going? Was it Sept or something?? We'll be back at some point...you never know!

Originally posted by winencandy View Post
                          Good luck with the new job!
                          Thanks a lot. I will have a lot there to catch up on after 2 years (it's a program manager position), but I know I'll be happier with it than what I'm doing now.

Today my cold still sucks, thought it's probably a tad better than yesterday. Everybody in the house is snotty and coughing. I probably should make some soup from that beef broth I made, but really don't feel that inspired tonight. And tomorrow is out for soccer most of the evening.

Eats:
                          B: coffee with coconut milk, 4 strips bacon with 3 scrambled eggs
                          2 black tea with coconut milk & stevia, couple of stupid sweet chocolates, but small. Touch of coconut oil.
                          D: mess of chicken wings (hot...heehee, the boys are lightweights, I really didn't add that much extra cayenne ), raw veg dipped in 1/2 cup guacamole.
                          My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• A bit from the Vegas trip last month:

How disturbing is this??
                            Vegas day 1 - 28 N&amp;.jpg

VFFs visit the Grand Canyon
                            Vegas day 5 - 2 D&amp;.jpg

Good for climbing trees
                            Vegas day 5 - 2 D&amp;.jpg
                            My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• I have a few more photos, but uploading was giving me issues last night, will try to get some more up later.

Did sort of an IF today, had assorted coffee & tea (and one packet total of stevia in tea) with maybe a total of 1/2 cup coconut milk over the day. Fasted ~18 hours, aside from that.
                              D: ground pork fried with FNW's spicy breakfast sausage seasoning (wasn't energetic enough to make patties), kale sauteed in bacon fat with lemon, garlic, kalamata olives. Nomnom.

Off to drive across town for a soccer game for son #2, already took #1 to the gym and back for his workout. He's been asking me lots of questions about IF lately, seeing stuff on assorted bodybuilding blogs and so on, for when he goes into his cutting phase (currently 'bulking'). I've pointed him to leangains, and will give him my ESE to read. Glad he's interested in researching what he's up to. Pretty good for 15.
                              My musings

The old stuff

Comment

A bit from the Vegas trip last month:

How disturbing is this??
                                [ATTACH]2779[/ATTACH]

VFFs visit the Grand Canyon
                                [ATTACH]2778[/ATTACH]

Good for climbing trees
                                [ATTACH]2780[/ATTACH]
                                uggh deep fried cookies. gross.

Whenever I see someone in vibrams, I always think gorilla feet

more photos please!

Comment

Working...
                                X