No announcement yet.

Primal Journal **Greensprout**

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Believe it or not, those eyes stayed dilated for nearly 48 hours. He must have used the high powered drops. I was not impressed.

Back to work today. Post holiday, weight is the same as pre holiday. Nothing on the movement front, is stupid cold out (-30+C for those interested). Feeling very stiff in the hips and hamstring areas. Sporadic foam rolling, but need to be doing more.

Lots of tidying, as per the revolution on The Walrus's journal. Making decent progress. Thought I'd do more tonight, but feeling rather tired and unmotivated today.

Working though goals for the year. Yes, finally, a new journal is likely in the works.

Now that I've put on a uniform in the first time in 3 weeks, I see that I need to have another 1.5 inches or more cut off my newly shorn hair. I'm good with that, just need to make an appointment pronto (forgot today).

Feeling on the edge of catching some nasty respiratory virus, hopefully not the case, but heading to bed for much required rest time.
    My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Hope the rest wards off the virus. Bone broth....
      Female 55
      Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
      Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Seem to be holding off the potentially impending cold virus. Bone broth and Vit D to the rescue. Had a good 8 hours of sleep Mon night, but only about 6.5 yesterday. Completing some online forms for a Nexus card application took far longer than expected as the program kept stalling, then puttered around for too long before heading off to bed late. A good sleep, just not long enough.

Went back to the hairsalon to get another 2 inches or so taken off. I am loving the shorter hair, but the length was just a bit longer than is appropriate for wearing down in uniform. Didn’t need to wait to be “told”…been around quite long enough to know better. It’s now around chin length, aslightly inverted bob shape with layers, and it was straightened at the salon,which held up great overnight. Lookingforward to wearing it curly with the next wash. Stylist “made” me make the next colour touch up appointment for before our vacation next month, as I usually wait far too long and then have troublegetting in when I need it.

Just over 6 weeksuntil our cruise!! 12 days south from FtLauderdale into the Panama Canal.

I need to get backinto the gym, or any sort of activity, really. All those injuries of last year led to me losing motivation to get backto regular workouts. The shoulder is pretty good now, hand strength decent since the fracture, but carpal tunnel syndrome leaves my hands numb at times despite the use of night splints, and the knee with the confirmed torn meniscus has been quite stiff and often sore for a few months. I’ve been referred back to theortho surgeon who recommended arthroscopy for a clean out last winter, but agreed to wait at that time as it wasn’t troublesome when I saw him. Hopefully I’ll get in reasonable soon. Not that I really want surgery, but when itwas done last time for the previous tear, it made a world of difference and recovery was fine.

At least I did bring gym stuff with me to work today, and am fully intending to go over lunch. No excuse other than ones I make up formyself.
        Last edited by Greensprout; 01-07-2015, 08:17 AM.
        My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Made it to the gym over lunch. Not much, but a significant amount over recent activities. 10 min treadmill walk to warmup (0.6 miles), joint mobility stuff, 2 sets of 25 reps bodyweight squats (with bad knee snapping and clicking all the while...not painful, just annoying), 2 sets of 12 strict form pushups on knees with chest to floor, 2 rounds of planks and side planks, 15 min on the rower with 2 min in more of sprint pace. A bunch of stretching to finish. It felt good.
          My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Oh, I also did hip bridges with the above workout.

Next day, I did 3 miles on the the treadmill at an incline walking, followed by a lot of mobility and stretching. Didn't get there on Friday during the day, but that's a decent start, and will get me going for next week.

Stocked up on groceries for the week, aiming for a big pot of chili, a pulled pork once that gets eaten, and of course, steak night tonight.

I've signed up for the 21 day challenge, and along with that, it's time to finally put this journal to bed. Nearly 5 years of rambling, time to move on. Not so much as a fresh start, more of a continuation of the journey. Will come back with the link once the new saga is started.
            My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
              I've signed up for the 21 day challenge, and along with that, it's time to finally put this journal to bed. Nearly 5 years of rambling, time to move on. Not so much as a fresh start, more of a continuation of the journey. Will come back with the link once the new saga is started.
              I've signed up to. As Wine nCandy. Be sure to let us know your new journal name/link!
              "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
              "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
              "Moderation sucks." Suse
              "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
              "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• The next part (aka new journal). Every day is a winding road.
                My musings

The old stuff

Comment

Working...
                X