Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree with Walrus, looks great!

Comment

• Thanks, ladies. It feels rather light! Not sure how it will fare by morning, as far as the added curl goes, but whatever.

Son #2 is a bit stiff today, but still okay. Seeing chiro tomorrow.
      My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• You have the coolest eyes!

Very glad son is okay.
        "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Oh, you look great!!

Comment

• The kid saw chiro today. New neck xrays are apparently quite different from the last, so he needs review by radiologist before doing any adjustments. Next appointment tomorrow am. Was given a pillow to help alignment and a heat pack.

Hubby had a call from insurance, as he's the registered owner of the car. Other driver is 100% at fault, car is a write off (given the photos, not surprised), and value of claim settlement is very decent. Will have to see what son decides to do, whether to look for new used car, or we had previously offered he take over mine (5 year old civic, low miles, great condition aside from the few dents and scratches from the boys) and I get a new one. He'll have to figure it out soon as the insurance rental replacement car has to be returned on Friday. Need to make sure son informs insurance about his chiro needs, as this should be able to be covered by that rather than cost to us. He will need a number of follow up visits for sure.
            My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Glad sons are doing okay. Love the hair.
              Female 55
              Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
              Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Kath, you're back!
                My journal - The Walrus: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread108103.html

Be silly, be honest, be kind. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• Here I am at work (shhhh...) and can't get done what I was wanting to as of the very few people here on my floor today in cubicle land, 2 of them within earshot are both quietly playing radios with competing genres. Seriously?? And one recently left to do an errand and left it on. And I have no earplugs handy. Might have to resort to cleaning and sorting the numerous stacks of stuff on the desk.

Sigh.

Onto other things. I think the Christmas shopping is done, aside from some last minute food items, which will be found either later today or tomorrow. Tonight should be wrapping stuff, and finalizing plans for the "Christmas Eve Feast". At work today (but will likely head out early) and tomorrow morning. Hubby is off, so doing some of the household things.

Am liking the shorter hair very much. Very curly, especially in the back, am working on going through my old stash of products from days gone by to see which one works best at keeping the curls in line. Experimenting with what I have before looking to buy something new.

Son #2's car insurance settlement is all done, the cheque should be coming soon. He's looking for a "new" used car in the meantime, and having to borrow mine when I'm not using it. Hopefully he'll find something before the return back to work after New Year's Day.

Good grief, that music is driving me insane .
                  My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• And now some guy is sporadically whistling quietly to his radio.

I CANNOT STAND whistling indoors.

<<trying to refrain from jabbing pencils into my ear canals>>

O_o
                    My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• I would absolutely politely ask him to stop...

Comment

• Ha, that, of course would be the sensible thing to do...

It did eventually stop. And I used the opportunity to clean and sort my desk. It needed to be done anyway. Going to head home shortly.

My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• The Christmas Eve Feast was lovely, as usual. An assortment of cheeses, pates, cured meats, pickles, olives, shrimp and smoked mussles, nut thins crackers (and sliced baguette for the boys). Perogies for boys. Some dark chocolates.

A relaxing holiday thus far. Likely more wine/rum/vodka than ideal, but eats have been quite on plan, aside from 2 ferraro rocher chocolates. Roasted an excellent prime rib on Christmas day, with potatoes roasted in the drippings. Drool. Much of the rest has been just nibbling on leftover bits. Actually, my eats have been on the light side, content with eating just enough to be satisfied, and interestingly, the scale is inching down the past few days.

Everybody was pleased with holiday gifts. My faves are a lovely silver bracelet for charms, a bluetooth thing for my car, and a new paleo cookbook, Against all Grain by Danielle Walker.

Son #2 found a replacement car, picked it up on Christmas Eve. Went up a bit in price, but is a nice one that should last him for a long time, and he is very happy with it, a Dodge Avenger. He was even more pleased with one of his gifts being a wipeout of the remaining small debt he owed us on his previous car.

Today is hubby's 49th birthday. Nothing planned, but will make a nice meal of scallops and other bits for tonight.
                          My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Had an eye exam today. No prescription changes, though the near vision is certainly changing. Optomotrist doesn't recommend glasses change to progressive bifocals just yet, just take off glasses for near stuff for now. Got a trial of some new contact lenses where the non dominant eye is undercorrected so perhaps less issue. Will try them out and then decide whether to order the undercorrected ones or what I've had previously (I wear them only sporadically, so use the daily disposable types).

Eyes had to be dilated for the full exam, it's now been 5 hours and I'm still dilated. Rather annoying. Can see distance fine, but nothing close unless I take the glasses off.

Supper nearly ready, a baked wild sockeye salmon, rice, green beans, dilled carrots.
                            My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Son #2 says I look like I'm on drugs... Hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• ^ I'd have to agree.
                                Female 55
                                Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
                                Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

Working...
                                X