No announcement yet.

Primal Journal **Greensprout**

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm hoping my weight will be in 150s by the end of this year. I'm chasing you.......
    Female 55
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Busy times continue. But I have a new iPad Air! Lovely new toy, with a bluetooth keyboard added, which is rather cool. And an upgraded iPhone 6.

Hubby is sick, nasty respiratory virus thing. Telling him to keep his contaminated germy self away from me, but not sure he's not breathing on me at night. He stayed home from work today. I feel like I'm on the edge, but made 6 litres of pastured chicken broth yesterday, and am high on the immune helping supplements. I think I'll come out okay.

Son #1 is less than 2 weeks away from finishing basic training. He's on his final field EX this week, expected to be completely exhausting and stressful, in the snow, but no doubt he'll survive. Seems to be thriving on the course and doing very well. We're going to Quebec for his graduation parade next Thurs. He sent a selfie of his new haircut, going for the look of Brad Pitt in "Fury"...interesting look I must say. His face looks leaner than when he left in late Aug.

Eats pretty much on track, not much action on the gym activity. It is apparently winter here now, quite cold the past week, around the -5F range, and a bit of snow on the ground. Sigh.

Might be on the road later this week, will be determined tomorrow. Whatever.

I love my new mattress. Sleeping very well.
      My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Wondered where you had gone. Great news about son. I know you are proud.
        Female 55

Comment

• Son #1 received his commission today, now he is formally an officer. And was told he was the top candidate in his platoon, received the commandant's coin, and is feeling rather proud of himself. As are we. Nice job. Fly out Wed evening for his grad parade on Thurs. Will stay with MIL, she may not be up to coming with us, as she started chemo late last week and is feeling rather cruddy as of yesterday.

Son #2 finally finished his resume, and applied online for an apprentice electrician job. And is considering heading to the local college for his level 2 certification. Finally some growing up perhaps? Am thinking this is a very good thing.

As for me, plugging along, status quo. Hubby has been sick with a nasty respiratory virus for about 10 days, fortunately I have not succumbed, though I have nasty glares when he breathes in my direction. He's off for work meetings away tomorrow, and will meet up with me at his mom's place Wed night after taking the train from Ottawa.

My knee has been bothering me a lot lately. The one that had an MRI late Dec showing a small meniscus tear. Dull ache most of the time, stiffness, including rather stiff upon waking in the mornings. Maybe I will need the cleanup arthorscopic surgery that the surgeon suggested last winter...he left it up to me, though at the time it was feeling ok. Not so much now. Enough that I don't feel confident about the required annual fitness test. I suppose I could power through it, but could come out worse off afterwards. May have to chat with my physician colleagues about this in the office.
          My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• You should be feeling very proud. Well done son #1 and good to hear #2 is settling down.

Comment

• Thanks, Suse, we are .

Busy at work, which seems to be the status quo of late. Hubby left for his work meetings on Ottawa this morning. Since getting home, I've done 4 loads of laundry, cleaned 2 bathrooms, mostly packed, and cooked a bunch of chicken legs for son #2. Had intended on polishing my dress uniform shoes, but the last polish I found was all dried up beyond salvation. Hubby has some with him, so can manage a quick touch up Thurs morning before we head to the graduation.

I feel like I'm missing something, but all parts of the uniform are packed, or laid out ready to zip in. Will leave work early tomorrow, come home, change and toss the last all ready bits in the bag, and head for the airport in rush hour traffic. Going carry on only, a bit tricky with the dress uniform, but think I can manage. Toiletries for only 3 days, so that easily minimizes and the liquids are good to go in the ziplok bag. Don't get in to Montreal till 11pm, then cab to MIL's house, hubby should be there perhaps as much as an hour before me.
              My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Good luck on travel timing.
                Female 55

Comment

• Still around. Son #1's grad parade was fantastic, he was awarded the the top candidate award, so very cool. Nice visit with MIL, who is dealing with her chemo rather well, though wasn't up to the ceremony.

Busy as crap since then with work. And work holiday parties and such. Was away for 6 days last week for meetings and a working group. Son #1 is back at home, posted for "on job training" back here until his first flying course starts in mid Feb. Weird to see him home and in uniform and in our building, hahaha.

Status quo on eating and activity, nothing interesting aside from some good meals, many of which I've already forgotten. Weight status quo as well, neither up nor down.

Have a long overdue hair appointment tomorrow after work. Colour of course, for the greys, and am planning on cutting off the length so I no longer will have to pin up for work. Will be a major change. A good 8-10 inches of change. Undecided on style, but will see what makes sense when I'm there.

Son #2 was in an accident today. He is fine, bit of a sore neck, which had been there before hand, I told him to call his chiropractor tomorrow to make an appointment to check it out as he's likely to feel it more in the morning. Was going 70 km/h going through an intersection on the green, when an older lady turned left right in front of him. Airbags deployed. Seeing the photos, his car is done, will find out by Sat. And the other driver is likely to be fully at fault, son had witnesses who gave their contact info for the insurance claim.
                  My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Here's the car. Or was, perhaps. He's damn lucky to be okay. And dealt with it all calmly, had already reported to insurance by the time we got home from work. He has a rental car on insurance, but can't drive it as he's under 21, so I think it's mine to use while he drives mine for now. How did I end up being inconvenienced?? Just glad he's okay.
                    IMG_3863.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• This might work better for car photo

My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Wow! So glad he's okay.
                        We'll need a shot of that short hair

Comment

• Ouch! Glad everyone is okay! And congrats on the accomplishments of the offspring - how proud you must be.

You don't have to pin your hair up anymore?
                          My journal - The Walrus: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread108103.html

Be silly, be honest, be kind. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• oh ow... yes can totally recommend a chiropractor after a car accident. Get that neck back into its proper alignment pronto I say.

Comment

• Here's the new do. Cut off about 12 inches, colour much more vibrant red.

My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Wowzah! Looks great!
                                My journal - The Walrus: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread108103.html

Be silly, be honest, be kind. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Working...
                                X