No announcement yet.

Primal Journal **Greensprout**

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I find I do much better with a good breakfast. I bake up egg, bacon, spinach muffins to take with me on early hospital days.
    Female 55
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Yep, bacon and eggs for me! Luckily those are very portable.
      My journal - The Walrus: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread108103.html

Be silly, be honest, be kind. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• And in a pinch actually taste good cold!
        Female 55

Comment

• Originally posted by Pedidoc View Post
          And in a pinch actually taste good cold!
          While I'm not a fan of eggs and can only eat them scrambled, cold eggs make me retch. I'm sure it has something to do with my grandmother telling me, as a child, I could not go play until I finished my breakfast of eggs. Several hours later I choked those cold disgusting things down so I could be free.

It took decades before I would even contemplate eating eggs. Even today, if something happens and my eggs go cold I can not eat them.

Comment

• Yeah oatmeal is like that for me.
            Female 55

Comment

• That's okay, oatmeal is only suitable for feeding to horses anyway.

Comment

• The bamboo sheets are remarkably soft, rather silky in fact. I do note that the pillowcase tends to absorb bedtime facial moisturizer, so that might just may require more frequent laundering.

Fell asleep watching recorded cooking shows last night, so despite being late to bed, I had already been sleeping for a while. Decent sleep, but my work pager went off rudely at 6am. Grabbed it, my glasses, a robe, and headed downstairs. Turns out it was one of those rogue, nonsensical pages, as the number showing (a numeric pager, so enter the number to dial) was simply "7". Took me a while to get back to sleep after that.

Made beef/bison bone broth (love that pressure cooker), a low heat long time roasted beef, NomNomPaleo's maple pork sausage patties for breakfasts. Bought new sports bras, need to be hitting the gym, yes, finally. Brought gym bag to work several days last week, but the hectic pace didn't really getting there. Winter tires are on my car, courtesy of hubby. We did have a few random flurries last week, may have some more this week. Anytime after Halloween here, all bets are off as to when winter hits.

I have been listening to the sessions from the womens' weigh loss online conference. Missed the first 2 days of presentations as work was just too freaking crazy that week. Some good stuff there.
                My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Found time to make it to the gym at lunch for the first time in a very long time. Feeling sheepish to be lifting tiny weights post injury, compared to what I was capable of last winter. Hell, if I don't start back, I'll never return, so today was the day. Did a bunch of bodyweight squats, plus a few sets with a 20 lb kettlebell, bench pushups, bent over rows, overhead presses (gah, only 8 lb dumbbells, rather than the 20 lb ones last winter...), and planks. Finished with a mile and a half brisk pace on treadmill (4 mph) at mostly 4% incline. Got me working, and felt good. Feeling worn now, and probably more tomorrow, but at least it's a start back on the fitness path. I've been pretty useless on this since breaking my hand late Jan, and more so with the rotator cuff issues.

Finally after work got into declutter mode, and tackled a section of my bedroom, much to hubby's delight. Sorted stuff, tossed a full bag of trash, rearranged a few things, perhaps an hour and a quarter effort. Baby steps towards a goal. Been putting this off for far too long.

Today's eats:

black coffee
                  2 nomnompaleo sausage patties with 2 soft boiled eggs
                  small banana
                  sliced steak with small baked potato and mushrooms, bone broth with gelatin
                  couple of mini candy bars from people bringing in their leftover halloween stuff
                  wine...

haven't had dinner yet, not that hungry. Lots of leftover roast left, good for a nibble in a bit.
                  Baked another batch of paleo bread into flatbread. Had a tiny piece with butter.

Have to get into work early for the morning briefing. Ah well. Colleague has to go to the meetings with the commanders. Think I got the better deal, heheheheh.
                  My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Way to go with excercise and cleaning. I need to follow your lead with activity. I'm on tack to finish cleaning before the end of the year.
                    Female 55

Comment

• Ha, Pedidoc I need to follow your lead on decluttering. Read something today from a professional organizer: get rid off all the items that do not give you joy...and paper never gives you joy. Points to ponder indeed.

Brought gym bag to work, but no go due to things requiring immediate attention. Was at my desk from 0715 till 5, an unexpected 10 hour day. In again early tomorrow for the am briefing. And perhaps earlier than that due to some thing I expect to have email returns on late tonight that need to be passed on asap in the morning. Sigh.

Legs feeling yesterday's workout, upper body not so much. All good. Weight continuing to creep down.

Eats:

black coffee
                      pork sausage pattie on paleo flatbread with havarti
                      bone broth with gelatin
                      small baked potato with steak and mushrooms, local plain yogurt with frozen cherries
                      couple of small leftover halloween candy mini bars
                      a lovely vodka martin post long work day
                      soup with reduced beef bone broth, rice noodles, broccoli slaw, roast beef, spinach, scallions. Fabulous.

Recent beef broth has gelled splendidly. I added a couple pieces of beef tendon from the Asian grocery, plus some odd leftover meaty grass fed beef bits from I don't remember what, but saved them in a freezer bag. Great flavour.

I know I didn't have the best opportunity to make the best use of the month yoga pass I bought in late Aug due to more work travel than expected, but did buy a 10 class pass on discount a couple days ago. It's good for 2 years, so will aim to go perhaps once weekly or so, the weekends might work out better than late on workdays for me. Regardless, I'm thinking it was a good purchase.

edit: while chatting with hubby in his mancave, he managed to dump a mug of herbal tea on his computer and himself. As I exclaimed: are you burned? His thoughts were: my computer!! The tower was hit. It fizzled out rather shortly afterwards. He's dried it out, but so far, no go. Not sure the final outcome. I have an unhappy man at the moment.
                      Last edited by Greensprout; 11-04-2014, 07:08 PM. Reason: hubby disaster
                      My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Hubby managed to get computer back working, but the graphics card is fried. A $400 replacement, wow. He's borrowed the card from son #1's computer until he replaces his (or till son gets home end of the month). And son #2 got a traffic ticket with a $300 fine today, something about not coming to a full stop at a railway crossing when lights were flashing, though he obviously had verified it was safe to go...unfortunately for him a police car was right there. Live and learn. At least no demerit points on his license. Ah, these boys

More crazy busy and organizational frustrations at work today, was in by 715, but left by 4. A bunch of emails dealt with through the evening as well. No gym. On top of the current priority projects, I have duties for my on call duty position going on that must be coordinated soonest, and am in meetings most of tomorrow with folks traveling here from HQ on another important project. Hopefully can get out not too late for home, once all is done...

Made a quick standby meal for dinner: bag of frozen stir fry veg, can of coconut milk, 1.5 lbs (2 bags) frozen tiny shrimp and scallops, curry paste, curry powder, chinese 5 spice (perhaps not needed, but was fine) all tossed together in a large sautee pan and served on rice. Top with sriracha for added kick. Lovely seafood curry, perhaps 30 min tops with minimal prep work. Plenty for leftover lunches. Good to keep those frozen ingredients on hand for an easy meal.
                        My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Great meal idea!

But wait...herbal tea...mancave...those words just don't go together....

Comment

• Originally posted by The Walrus View Post
                            Hahahahaha. True. But he does dip into my tea stash once in a while, particularly like this week when he's decided to avoid alcohol. This was a mug of chamomile vanilla. Very manly . I prefer to combine that one with a fruity herbal blend
                            My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Originally posted by The Walrus View Post
                              I have to admit, I did a bit of a double take when I saw those words in a sentence together as well

Comment

• Business at work continues, though slightly less hectic than last week. Got to the gym on Friday for another decent workout, mostly a repeat of earlier in the week. Did okay with 10 lb dumbells for the OHP, and the shoulder is holding out okay. Post workout soreness, but not joint pain, so all is okay. A bath with epsom salts on Sat night helped as well.

Roasted some pork tenderloin with apples and onions on the weekend, turned out amazing. Combined bits from several online recipes. Yesterday roasted a local free range chicken, seems to be only a smidge left for me tonight, but made sure everyone saved all the bones for tomorrow's bone broth cookery. No work tomorrow, as is Remembrance Day, will go to the ceremonies in the morning, as is required, then hubby is taking me shopping to look at new laptops in the afternoon. I'm due. Lookint for something that is that hybrid between tablet and laptop.

Had to fast for bloodwork today for the 2 year medical exam. All fine, though sorely missed morning coffee. Fared fine, but it did taste splendid at 1115 when I finally was able to indulge. BP 116/72, HR 59, not bad for being mostly a slug for months. Have to schedule my annual fitness test soon as well.

More work travels coming up. Likely away next week, the following week is heading to son #1's graduation parade, then off again second week of Dec.

Scale again continues to creep slowly downwards. The last few days I've been hitting below 155, which I actually haven't seen this calendar year thus far. Eating a tad less is definitely helping. Hubby asked yesterday if I'm low carbing, as he says my breath is not nice. Odd, as I hadn't noticed that, and am not on the low carb side, moderate, but can't possibly be in the <50g carb range, and no metallic taste to me.

Uniform ironed and ready for morning. Relaxing night. Might watch another episode of recorded Outlander. Miniseries of one of my favourite book series. Chick stuff.
                                My musings

The old stuff

Comment

Working...
                                X