No announcement yet.

Primal Journal **Greensprout**

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work is busy, freaking busy this week. Follow on from last week's trip and more. Lots of head desk action going on as well.

Thankfully, the vacation week is rapidly approaching.

Recent eats: Sun local pastured pork shoulder chops, grilled. Yesterday local bison burgers. Tonight local pickerel fillets. All nomalicious.
    My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• 2 more stupid busy days at work done. Much head desk action has occurred. Seriously. Much work on a project regarding potential transport of infectious persons from another continent. Nuff said there. Much attention from the highest levels on our progress. Taking tomorrow off in compensation for the recent long work trip away. Should be at work, but taking it anyway, I'm due. Am tired. And much in need of the imminent holiday. Holy crap, it is needed for sure. Afraid of what will be waiting for me upon return, but whatever.

Spoke with son #1 tonight, halfway through his basic training, and just back from his first 4 day field exercise. Still in good spirits, and doing well. Very nice. He gets the upcoming long weekend off (Thanksgiving in Canada on Monday), and should be able to go visit Grandma (MIL) in Montreal for holiday dinner and time to chill out. She's going in for surgery on Tues for the breast tumour, so great that she's up for his visit. Of course, he is also the eldest grandchild, so she's pretty keen on seeing him.

Tomorrow will be packing, stocking some foods for son #2 who will be home alone next week, pedicure, and general sorting out of stuff, including some cleaning and laundry.
      My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Well worth taking yesterday off. Managed laundry, groceries for the kid, a few personal errands, and a pedicure.

Off to the airport midday, will be overnight in Toronto, off to Myrtle Beach Sun morning, friends will join us by evening. Kid at home seems sorted out, son #1 on track to spend Thanksgiving weekend with Grandma. All good. Son #2 will have holiday dinner with girlfriends' mom.

Now for final pack, and holiday awaits

Last bits of packing for morning. All on track.
        My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Have a great holiday! Geez, time flies, it seems like yesterday your son was just thinking about his career, and now he's halfway through basic...yikes, I'm old as dirt. I'll bet Grandma is proud as all hell!
          My journal - The Walrus: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread108103.html

Be silly, be honest, be kind. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• Take lots of pics so we can vaca via them.
            Female 55
            Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
            Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Hey Greensprout! Long time no talk! I'm glad to hear that you sound well! Wishing you a sun-filled, relaxing holiday!!
              50 yo single mom
              5'3"
              Primal since 12/1/2010. Now Whole30ing until I feel WHOLE again, my goals are no longer scale-related.

Aila's Primal Journey

"If I cling to circumstances, I could claim to be not responsible. Only she who says she did not choose is the loser in the end." Adrienne Rich

Comment

• Made it home, somewhat pink in places due to the last 3 beach days. Vitamin D therapy. Overall, a very relaxing holiday, lovely location with good friends. We took one extra day off work, so tomorrow will be sorting, groceries and cooking, and of course, getting our heads out of holiday mode and back into work mode and autumn weather.
                My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Dirty f***ing bastards.

Ottawa's events today leave me angry.

Second terrorist attack in Canada this week.

Rest easy, young Cpl.
                  My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Pretty shocking events. I stayed up into the early hours (I'm in Asia) watching it unfold live.

Reminded me of watching 9/11 happen from Australia. I was sitting up by myself late at night when that news broke too.
                    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
                    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

• You were almost in my neck o' the woods, Greensprout! Myrtle Beach is a few hours north of me. Glad you had a nice vacation! Unbelievable business happening up there in Canada right now...is there anywhere left in the world untouched by senseless violence? Sigh.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
                      "Locked up inside you like the calm beneath castles is a cavern of treasures that no one has been to....let's go digging" ~ Maynard James Keenan

I am Angela, Southern Fried Primal... http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread106998.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
                        Dirty f***ing bastards.

Ottawa's events today leave me angry.

Second terrorist attack in Canada this week.

Rest easy, young Cpl.
                        Thought about you the past couple of days
                        "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
                        "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
                        "Moderation sucks." Suse
                        "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
                        "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Been a weird few days. Several of hubby's colleagues knew well the soldier run down in Quebec on Monday, same town where son #1 is at basic training. Son was on a field exercise during both attacks. He says it hits home with his cohort, they now realize more the importance of why they train as hard as they do. We will be attending his graduation parade late next month, and are working on details to have hubby give him his commission.

Stupid busy at work all week. We are involved in a major exercise, so my office is manning "battle stations" in the ops centre, so have had several 12+ hour days this week, and am manning the desk the last half of Sunday.

We bought a new mattress today. Delivery for next Friday. Good bit of cash, but seem to have got a good deal.

Edit: I'm still incredibly angry.
                          Last edited by Greensprout; 10-25-2014, 08:14 PM.
                          My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• So busy. Lots of long days at work on our time sensitive project, which is having so many eyes on and inputs from others at the 11th hour that we had been asking for since late Aug. Finally got out at the regular time yesterday (more or less) only to end up spending several hours answering things on handheld once home.

At least I'm getting to bed on the early side, and getting at least 7 and often 8 hours of sleep nightly. Helps with the getting up earlier to get into work a bit early. Our HQ is one time zone east, so getting into work usually means lots of incoming emails ready and waiting for quick replies.

Eating has been good, though not avoiding the evening relax libations like I had hoped to do post vacation. Any holiday carb gain is gone, and nothing increasing, so steady state, even with TOM hitting early. Of course, perimenopause makes that timing less predictable of late. Whatever. Hot flashes manageable, TOM unpleasant symptoms minimal for now. Hubby's been away the past few days, due home late tonight.

Found out son #1's posting post basic is to report for an on job training position (aka whatever the CO decides to do with him) at home, in fact, in the same HQ building hubby and I work in. Too funny. He'll be here for a couple of months until his next training course begins in late Jan or early Feb, at a base only an hour away. The kid is very happy with this plan. He didn't react favourably when I jokingly mentioned I'd come up with an appropriate monthly charge for "rations and quarters", hahaha. He's doing quite fine and 2/3 through his course.

Not cooking tonight, still have leftover beef stew from Sunday, and had cooked a pound of bacon last night to go with eggs, so with only son #2 and I here, most of it remains in the fridge. Going to relax and hit the sack early, even before hubby gets home.

2 days till the weekend, though I have to take over the on call duties next week. Will survive. Hopefully things will be quiet.

Last weekend was the end of the season's farmers' market. Stocked up on carrots, squash, onions, local raw honey, and a 50 lb sack of potatoes. Was rather surprised at all the odd looks I received while hauling the potato sack across the market to the parking lot. The vendor seemed taken aback that I didn't want help.
                            My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• More busy days. Happy for the weekend, though I am on call duty. Looking forward to the extra hour coming from the end of daylight savings time tonight. Dislike it in the spring, am happy with it in the fall.

Got our new mattress yesterday. It is rather lovely. Fancy new high tech pillow as well. And bamboo sheets. Resulted in a very good night's sleep.

Heard from my mom that her older brother (mid to late 70s) died of a massive heart attack yesterday. He has always had a huge belly, developed diabetes, and has been on dialysis for the past few years. It was inevitable, and rather surprising that he lasted this long.

This morning's weight is back at 0.2 lbs under what I was just before we left on vacation 3 weeks ago, which had not surprisingly been a few lbs up when I returned. I have been, though not particularly deliberately, eating a bit less. While having higher intake of cheese and starchy carbs, including paleo bread. Finding that eating breakfast daily the past 2 weeks (whereas I normally fast till lunch, aside from bone broth), plus a reasonable lunch, is leaving me less hungry for supper, and not snacking post dinner. And this is with still having some alcohol. Need to cut that back too.

Prepping for steak dinner, all the usual stuff, plus a bottle of malbec.
                              My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• I'm finding with my change to day shift, eating a reasonable breakfast, good-sized lunch, and late afternoon snack leaves me unhungry for dinner, a very good situation indeed as it is quite late when I get home. The key, as always, is avoiding bad carbs. I tried a bulletproof coffee thing for two days, didn't work for me at all. Not ruling anything out, though, diet is a work in progress.

Bamboo sheets! Sounds wonderfully soft. I had some bamboo socks that I loved, I wore them out.
                                My journal - The Walrus: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread108103.html

Be silly, be honest, be kind. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Working...
                                X