No announcement yet.

Primal Journal **Greensprout**

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved that film! I will admit to having a crush on Bill Nighy.

Bet ham jerky is great. I might have to find space for a dehydrator.
    My journal - The Walrus: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread108103.html

Be silly, be honest, be kind. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• The jerky is awesome! Ham jerky not as exciting, but still very good. I ended up just putting the pressure cooked shortribs into the fridge overnight, will reduce the liquid later on. Meat is very tasty. Last night's dinner ended up being 2 leftover lamb neck chops, cucumber, and paleo flatbread with goat cheese & fresh oregano. Yummm.

Browsed the mall for "foundation undergarments". Tried on a bunch of stuff, those spanx are serious! Decided against those and the other compression short type items, as I decided I'd be either far too hot or else might have issues with trying to use the bathroom . The saleslady suggested a high waisted panty type thing called miracle something or another. Allegedly helps you look 10 lbs smaller in 10 seconds, hahaha. It actually did make a big difference in the tummy area. Was on sale, and when it rang up, it was discounted off the sale price too, so I spent a whole $12. Not bad.

It's lovely out this afternoon, so I shall hit the sun and float around the pool for a bit. Boo, back to work tomorrow. At least only 3 days, as we're on the road on Friday.
      My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Bastards. I found 3 fruit flies UNDER the lid of my brewing kombucha. My scoby maybe toast. If the bastards laid eggs, which is likely since they were there, it's done and will have to be tossed. Will wait and see, but not hopeful. At worst, my fave local bulk store now has the Cultures for Health dehydrated scobys so I can restart if necessary. And they also have water kefir grains, so might try that out rather than booch if it has to be tossed.
        My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Trailer to the 50 Shades of Chicken cookbook...

My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• This is a totally genius idea.

(can you tell that I've just figured out how to imbed video links? hahahaha)

My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Tonight's dinner. Local pastured pork shoulder chop grilled, cucumber, tomato, avocado, roasted beets with goat cheese crumbles. All veg from the farmers market!

My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Ate my lunch rather early (1030), as I was scheduled for a meeting from 11-1, and belly was grumbling around 10.

Busy around home after work, picked up protein CSA and more cucumbers, made rhubarb strawberry sauce, roasted some beef bacon, did laundry and put a bunch of already done laundry away. Making use of odds and ends for meal, since we're soon off for the weekend.

Eats:

black coffee
                L: bowl of potato, beef short ribs with mirepoix and the juices, kale chips. Rather lovely.
                cherries
                chocolate
                half a pepperoni stick
                D (9 pm): slices of pork shoulder chop, cucumbers. Cashews.

2 NorCal margeritas.
                My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Busy day at work. Some odd stuff going on about how we might move a highly infectious patient by air if asked by the government to do so...no doubt you can figure that one out.

All packed and road snacks packed for tomorrow. Boiled eggs, jerky, beef bacon, cucumbers, kohlrabi, water, coconut flakes. Son #2 has been advised to make sandwiches if he wants them. Of course, has not started yet. Hubby just went to bed, I shall soon follow, as we're aiming to be on the road by 7 am, which is 8.5 hours from now...

Apparently the plan for tomorrow night after getting in is to gather at one cousin's home with all the out of town family as they order in Chinese. Mom asked how we are with that, I said as long as there's some non-breaded stuff, it should be fine. She'll have a roast and veg at her place as well, if we need supplementation. Otherwise, late evening in a small town doesn't really leave many options if needing to pick up or order in something else. At worst, I'll live on my road snacks and eat lightly tomorrow night.

Ha, son #2 is just out to Walmart (a mile away) to get some road snacks. Whatever. Says he needs redbull. Ugh.
                  My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Made it home about an hour ago after 13 hours on the road. About 1200km (745 miles). A great weekend. More on that later. Unfortunately, it's up early and off to work in the morning . Ready to get back to proper eating. Didn't go crazy at all, but today on the road consisted of coffee, 2 lightly sweetened iced coffees, jerky, cheese curds and a pepperoni stick after getting home. Hardly proper eating, but better than the chocolate bar that hubby grabbed .

I forsee a long day ahead tomorrow. Have checked my work emails, and there's a lot going on that will keep me rather busy.

Quick peek at my garden in the dark shows cherry tomatoes ready for picking. Hubby had set up some watering things on timers, so things are still alive. I suspect there are also cucumbers ready. Will be checking after work.
                    My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• It's real. Son #1 is now like hubby and I, a member of the military. Hubby was able to have the pleasure of swearing him in today at the enrollment ceremony as I took photos. In 10 days, he's off to basic officer training (as a baby officer, like those of us who have been around a while like to say) and then will commence pilot training in the new year. Holy cats! He's very pumped about basic. Of course, out with buddies tonight to celebrate. After the ceremony, he went out in his 3 piece suit for a few errands, like the cigar store and bank. He was suitably impressed at how being well dressed resulted in receiving significantly more respect from those he interacted with. Apparently, they do learn .

I've picked a few cherry tomatoes and 3 cucumbers from the garden. Basil is exploding, so I see pesto in my near future. More tomatoes will be ready in another day or two once reaching perfection. Lots of hubby's hot peppers thriving as well.

Yesterday's lunch was odd, but reasonably tasty. A matter of a last minute scrounge around the kitchen after not restocking groceries on the weekend. Sardines, kimchi and avocado. Packed full of goodness, and while I can't say I adored it, it wasn't bad. Ate it with a few rice crackers.

Presently have new potatoes steaming, cauliflower and brussel sprouts roasting, and a local bison farmers sausage (with added local pastured pork) grilling. Sounds pretty delish.
                      My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Congratulations to son!
                        Female 55
                        Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
                        Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Yes, that is wonderful about son's success. I know your heart was bursting with pride as he was being sworn in by his dad.
                          Your pics have been great, and your garden is rewarding you for the care given. Congrats all around

Comment

• Congratulations! I'm trying to imagine how proud you must feel, but I can't as I'm not a parent. However, I just spent some time with some friends whose children are not making the adjustment to adulthood very well, and in contrast your parental experience is like the rising sun. Exciting on so many levels!
                            My journal - The Walrus: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread108103.html

Be silly, be honest, be kind. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• Thanks so much ladies.

Parenting is definitely a hell of a challenge, and not for the weak, if one hopes to get through to the other side with some semblance of accomplishment. Many issues worked through (for the most part) along the way. If you've read the stuff here from a few years ago, you know my bad moments, particularly with son #2, but he currently seems to be well on the road to a better place. Still some issues, but not nearly as bad as it was at one time. He'll be 18 next month.

It was great bringing the boys to the family wedding (a same age cousin of mine). We've always lived far from my family, and the last time any of them saw my boys (aside from my Mom) was either 14 or 6 years ago. So now they are introduced as young men. And made a certain good impression. One cousin's husband referred to son #2's girlfriend as my future daughter-in-law . Who knows? I have one aunt who is a spritely 76 and still shoots squirrels on her property with a 22 gauge rifle be rather taken with son #1. Someone else was teasing him about some of his cockiness, and she said "oh, leave Max alone, I like him". Too funny. She's rather tough to impress. He may actually be living in that area in a few years depending on what aircraft he gets assigned to later on.

The wedding itself was simple but lovely. I'm not a church going person, but the ceremony in a tiny country Catholic church was surprisingly humorous. The priest made quite a few funny observations about couples. The bridal party arrived, and then all left in a horse drawn carriage. A cousin of the bride played keyboard and sang amazingly during the ceremony. Reception was at the town senior's community centre, 2 blocks from my Mom's place. Our hotel was about a mile walk away. Meal was traditional with roasted meats, salads, perogies and sour cabbage rolls, catered by bride's aunt. A candy bar, and homemade fudge on the tables, along with packets of wedding forget-me-not seeds for next spring.

I did well on the foods. Lots of wine, but actually went very reasonable on eats. Choices for deviating from normal eats were: takeout Chinese the first night at a cousin's home, beef & broccoli with rice; 2.5 perogies over 2 nights; a few more sour cabbage rolls (rice, bacon & onion filling) than reasonable; a few bites of homemade pie crust, along with fillings of small pieces of pumpkin and pecan pies; a few licorice allsorts and homemade peanut brittle from the candy bar; 2 pieces of homemade fudge. Weight on return home was the same as before leaving. This is good. Hubby did a lot more, and noted a few pounds extra.
                              My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Was planning on getting out walking at lunch, but things got really busy. It wasn't a good time to take an hour or more out of the office. Not sure if tomorrow will be better, but will bring my stuff in anticipation. Supposed to be really hot tomorrow, 30C.

Eats:

black coffee
                                2 hb eggs
                                L: bone broth, reheated steamed baby potatoes.
                                green mint tea
                                sesame snap snack things (sesame seeds in sort of a caramel type syrup, crispy)
                                half a pepperoni stick, 2 raw cashews
                                D: pastured local grilled pork chop, roasted sweet potato, my garden cucumbers and cherry tomatoes.
                                a gluten free cookie from a local bakery - jam jam, or what I know better as an imperial cookie. I've had one before, but tonight it felt like too much. And it's made with earth balance butter substitute...must be catering to the vegetarian/vegan crowd. Honestly, don't think I'll get one ever again. Same bakery makes a lovely gf butter tart (with real butter) that is worth a splurge. But not the cookie. I had a moment when I saw it at the market picking up my CSA meat last evening.

Hubby says after the weekend he's getting serious about his intake. Sort of a whole 30 style, with the intent of dropping 10 lbs in the next 10 weeks before our holiday at Myrtle Beach. Seems doable, if he's serious. I'll do my best to encourage and support, though he often starts this and then throws in many cheats and of course, we both indulge in more alcohol than we should for fat loss. I admit that when I plan to abstain, and see him imbibing, it's easier to join in. This could be good for the both of us. My weight has been fairly stable for many months at the very top end of my comfort zone. No significant scale change despite the lack of heavy workouts for months, since injury happened, but less muscle for sure and softer all around. Time for a reboot.
                                My musings

The old stuff

Comment

Working...
                                X