Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
    But of course. Kale and Brussels Sprout Salad - Bon Appétit

I skipped the kale, and used pistachio instead of almonds.
    Thanks!
    Female 55
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• oh no, poor you getting the lurgy as well. obviously a stomach gastro virus doing the rounds. Still on the bright side, always a good way to lose a few pounds.

Excellent news on the son getting into the pilot program... It must be very heartening when you realise they are all taking the right track.

Comment

• Had to stay up very late before I could go to sleep, as the belly cramps were nasty, and despite feeling literally like crap, I wasn't sleepy. Tired, yes, but not sleepy. At least 12 trips to the bathroom through the evening before I could settle.

Slept long and restlessly. Obviously called in sick to work. Diarrhea seems to have finished, but some cramping continues. Unsure if I want to try any food. Hubby went out to get me some bananas (I hate them too ripe, which is all we have) as he chose to stay home another day, though he's much better today. Last food was lunch yesterday. Maybe this afternoon I'll stick to ginger kombucha, and maybe try some bone broth. Banana later on, or maybe some rice. Feeling worn out. Took probiotic last evening and another when I got up. Maybe spend the afternoon on bad daytime tv. Bah.
        My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Oh no! those nasty GI bugs can be very, very bad, and spread very quickly. It does take a lot out of you (literally!). Hopefully you can get a good rest today and tonight. Stay well hydrated and stick to that awful "bland" diet. Get well soon!
          “One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”

― Virginia Woolf, A Room of One's Own

Comment

• Whenever "The Sick" as we call it goes around the hospital I become a hand-washing, hand-sanitizing fool. Well, I am anyway, but I go absolutely nuts during these times. Hopefully it has passed you are feeling much better now!
            My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

“"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Mild belly cramps are still here. Not hungry at all, though not eating for a while is obviously not the end of the world. I've had a cup of bone broth with gelatin & sea salt, kombucha, half a banana, and a few crumbles of overcooked bacon left by one of the boys. Unsure if I'll bother with rice or the rest of the banana, will see how it goes. Sipping water now.

I suppose I'll have to see in the morning how things are and if I should go to work or not. Overall no energy, tired, and mildly uncomfortable. Lots of belly rumbling still.

I can't recall the last time I had a gi bug. Been years, for sure. Normally it can be all around me and I manage to stay fine, obviously not the case this week.
              My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Probably susceptible due to travel tiredness. Hope you feel better soon.
                Female 55
                Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
                Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Got up for work and brushed my teeth, but still having uncomfortable belly cramps. Drank some water and headed back to bed, so home again today. Still crampy since getting back up, and had a mostly watery BM. Not fun. Thought I was past that.
                  My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Still felt cruddy after bone broth with a bit of potato, slightly better after taking a long shower. Although not at all hungry, I was craving a pepperoni stick, which seems like a bad choice on a dodgy belly. Ate half, felt fine, had the rest of it a bit later. And a kombucha. Now I haven't had cramps in a good few hours, and more energetic. Even bottled my current batch of boock (ginger lemongrass, great combo) and put on a new one. I definitely feel on the mend. Rather gassy, but at least it's coming out, haha, better out than in!

Still not particularly hungry, despite very little intake since lunch 2 days ago. Don't feel like cooking either. I think there's enough bits around for hubby and son #1 to forage, and #2 is already at work. On the weekend, I had stocked up on a bunch of produce and had great plans for all of it, most of which has remained untouched since Monday. Hope I don't end up having to toss much of it.

Hubby returned to work today, says he's feeling totally back to normal, and went out for a great walk over lunch. He says the extra day at home did the trick for his recovery. Hopefully the same rings true for me and tomorrow will be good.

The local farmers' market opens this weekend for the season. Crept up on me. I plan to go, though I don't expect to see much if any fresh produce, unless some is from a greenhouse. At least one of the farms I get grass fed/pastured meats will be there. And Sunday, hubby and I have to do a 5K race. Yes, have to, it's the Air Force Run, so obligatory for us to either participate or volunteer. No pressure to race, so we'll probably do a walk/run together. I thought I'd be out of town again, but my trip for next week (would have been gone Sat through Fri night) was cancelled. Maybe I can get started on some gardening stuff over the next week since I'll have the chance and weather is supposed to be great. Today is 21C, Sat is forecasting 28C. Finally!
                    My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Dingbat hubby wasn't happy with fending for himself from the fridge for dinner, despite a bunch of leftover stuff. He and son #1 ordered pizza. In the end, I did have 2 rather small pieces of his gluten free pizza, I think the carby crust hit the spot for me. Belly feeling decent. Maybe not 100% yet, but getting close.

Early start to work tomorrow, planning on a reasonable bedtime, despite sleeping late this morning.
                      My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• I am recovered. Went to work yesterday, but as I was leaving, my car was dead. Somehow the dome light was left on and drained the battery. Fortunately, I was leaving early and hubby was still home, so a quick boost and all was well. And as we finished up our conference early, we were let go by mid afternoon. Nice.

Lovely sirloin grilled steaks last night with asparagus, mushrooms, peppers & baked potato with a lovely bottle of malbec. Felt a bit foggy this morning, however. Plus TOM started, and last night into today was probably the heaviest flow I've ever had, aside from immediate postpartum. Not nice at all.

Hit opening day of the farmers' market, obviously no produce aside from some greenhouse stuff. Came away with tzatziki, chocolate macaroons, pastured heritage ground pork, grass fed ground beef and a rump roast. Grocery store was disappointing, as I had planned on baking a whole wild salmon on the BBQ, but the fresh ones weren't there as advertised. Instead, I picked up pork chops, and have a batch of this BBQ sauce from the Primal Palate simmering to brush on. It tastes quite good. Didn't have more than a dusting of chipotle powder in the pantry, so added some cayenne as well. Sides will be leftover baked potato, and a salad of cucumber/grape tomato/avocado/feta tossed with evoo, sea salt & pepper.

Very hot day today, up to 32C. Felt hotter than the same temps in San Diego last week, but we have more humidity, oddly. Ended with cool thunderstorms late afternoon, so cooler now. Unfortunately, it's now predicting 90% chance of rain tomorrow morning for our 5K race. Boo. Warm, at least.
                        My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• 5K race completed, mostly in a light rain. We were planning on walk/running, but hubby wanted to start out at a light run as he didn't want to be walking at the start. We ended up running the whole thing at a slow easy pace, and ended up finishing in 33:14. Not bad at all, and included a little speedy burst for the last 200m or so. Home for bacon, poached eggs and fried tomatoes.

Legs & hips feeling rather stiff. Will have to make a point of foam rolling frequently throughout the day.
                          My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
                            5K race completed, mostly in a light rain. We were planning on walk/running, but hubby wanted to start out at a light run as he didn't want to be walking at the start. We ended up running the whole thing at a slow easy pace, and ended up finishing in 33:14. Not bad at all, and included a little speedy burst for the last 200m or so. Home for bacon, poached eggs and fried tomatoes.

Legs & hips feeling rather stiff. Will have to make a point of foam rolling frequently throughout the day.
                            5K! Congrats
                            And 32 yesterday? That's warmer than here! Your asparagus should be growing like crazy
                            "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
                            "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
                            "Moderation sucks." Suse
                            "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
                            "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Feeling tired at work today. Received my annual performance review, which was a win. Always nice to be appreciated.

Legs feeling rather stiff today, not surprising after yesterday's run. I'll live.

Tomorrow is an education day at the hospital, where I haven't done an ER shift in many, many months, mostly due to always being on call for my day job. An nice change of pace, though I had to take a vacation day from the day job, I'll be paid by the hospital as it's a mandated ed day, so the union says we must be paid. I'll take it.

TOM is coming to a thankful end, after the bloodbath of the past few days. Feeling still rather bloated and blah. Working on a plan to reformulate getting moving more and cutting the extra oral intake and all that nonsense.
                              My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Supper. Crispy skin wild salmon, romaine, cucumber, carrot, radish, red onion, chives, pistachio with a lemon vinaigrette. Yum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                My musings

The old stuff

Comment

Working...
                                X