No announcement yet.

Primal Journal **Greensprout**

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great first conference day. The 2 hr lunch break gave time for a 45 min walk/run along the waterfront in 83F sunny weather. Awesome. Wore a tank and have a touch of red skin, nothing that a bit of coconut oil won't fix. Fasted till dinner at a zagat rated Persian restaurant for lamb and eggplant with grilled vegetables. Yum.

Big news.,. Son #1 is accepted into the pilot program!! He'll be off to basic officer training at the end of August. Wow. I'm extremely pleased and excited for him.😀

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Sounds like you are having fun! Congratulations on son - you and hubby must be very proud.
      Female 55
      Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
      Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Hi, its been a while, I'm not going to try to catch up on everything I've missed
        I'll try to check in more often.

Excellent news for Son #1!
        "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
        "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
        "Moderation sucks." Suse
        "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
        "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Congrats to Son #1!
          My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

“"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Conference still great, making lots of excellent international contacts.

Last nights dinner (only meal of the day) was superb Mexican, and not tex mex. Ate too much.

Today aerospace nurses luncheon, was okay. Dinner fabulous wild caught salmon. And small scoop cherry Garcia Ben & Jerry's ice cream on the walk back. Last day tomorrow, aiming for walk/run at lunch. Very early flight home on Friday.

My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• A good last day. Great walk at lunch for 3 miles, then poked about downtown for the afternoon as the last conference sessions had nothing pertinent for me. Found a few goodies in organic grocery stores, Luke Hawaiian sea salt, different flavor larabars and single serve packets of nut butters. Dinner out with a group, more lamb. Meeting to catch cab at 445 am, ugh. A very good week.

My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Home sweet home.

Steaks coming up for dinner.

Am very tired. Long day.

Hooray for long weekend and not being on call .
                My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Great to be home after a week away. Restocked the kitchen yesterday, very lazy day today.

My local seasonal shop that I got my upcoming meat CSA through opened last week. Stopped by and picked up asparagus, cucumbers, kimchi, black olive tapenade, tzatziki and my coupons for purchasing the CSA share. Lovely couple runs the place, always open to chatting and sharing meal suggestions.

Had a 5 mile walk yesterday, with 2 miles of easy paced running, around an 11-11:30 min mile pace. It was lovely. Had planned on similar today, but it was windy and threatening rain, so I passed. Rain probably won't start until morning.

Fasted yesterday by chance until late, culminating in lamb/beef burger patties with the olive tapenade, feta, tzatziki, tomato, red onion, roasted red peppers, an a side of fresh made baba ganoush. Fabulous.

Today some steak slices with 2 poached eggs on top, a pepperoni stick and slice of havarti. Too much leftover in the fridge to cook tonight, though I had pork kebabs in mind. They'll wait for tomorrow.

Son #1 seems to have a bout of food poisoning. I woke today hearing him violently vomiting, initially thinking he indulged overly with his night out yesterday, but twas not the case. He's been vomiting on and off plus diarrhea and belly cramps all day, and looks horrible. Definitely not hangover style. He's managed water, ginger ale and a banana all day. I thawed some turkey bone broth for when he wakes up next, currently snoozing in the tv room. Poor guy. Not a good day for him at all.

Last night I made in the food processor a frozen treat a la NomNomPaleo. 3 frozen bananas, cup of frozen strawberries, tsp of vanilla, half cup of coconut milk. Most lovely. Hubby said it definitely hit the ice cream craving spot on. We each had a small dish, and there's more left in the freezer. I'll leave it for him.

Holiday day off tomorrow, Victoria Day. Need to do laundry and cook some stuff for the week. Work is hosting a conference this week, so my days will be very busy.
                  My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Son #1 seems to be on the mend, slept till close to 3 today, after being up till well after 2, but was hungry and ate some of my lamb burgers. He was feeling better late last night after some of my bone broth with potato added.

Weird dreams just before I woke, left me waking feeling out of sorts. It has passed. Too much potato starch before bed lol?

Another low key day. Prepped a shredded brussel sprout salad with a lemony vinaigrette, trying to mimic one I had last week in San Diego. Need to toast some pistachios and shred some parmesan to top with. Pork is marinading in yogurt, evoo, lemon, garlic & oregano, ready for the grill. Laundry on the go. Rainy and grey all day outside, so no activity on the movement front. Physio tomorrow, I've been negligent on my exercises for the shoulder the past while, and it's bothering me more. I should know better.
                    My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Glad son is feeling better.

Salad sounds yummy.
                      Female 55

Comment

• The salad was fantastic.

Unfortunately, a while after dinner, hubby started with belly cramps, gas, and diarrhea too. . I'm good, as is son #2, girlfriend and the recovered son #1. He went to bed early with a dose of loperamide. I had refrained from giving that to the kid yesterday thinking it was food poisoning and better to get it out of his system without plugging things up. Whatever.

Busy week ahead. Will have to fit workouts in outside of worktime. Yeah, kind of like most people.
                        My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Share the salad recipe?
                          Female 55

Comment

• Originally posted by Pedidoc View Post
                            Share the salad recipe?
                            But of course. Kale and Brussels Sprout Salad - Bon Appétit

I skipped the kale, and used pistachio instead of almonds.
                            My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Hubby was up with diarrhea much of the night, along with belly cramps and at least one round of vomiting. I woke hungry, which isn't typical, so I scrambled 3 eggs to eat with my coffee. On the way to work, my belly was rumbly, and I nearly convinced myself I was going to lose my breakfast, but I concluded it was all just me overthinking. Work was fine, had physio after work, and all was well.

Started feeling a bit more belly rumblings once I got home. At a couple tiny bits of chicken as it was finishing cooking, which didn't seem to help. Random belly cramps have started for me. 2 liquidy bathroom moments, and I think there is more to come. I am NOT eating tonight. The idea is rather distasteful. I suspect I may be in for a long night...sigh.

Attempting to sip on a ginger kombucha. Can't hurt, might be helpful. Hydration, if nothing else. Undecided if it is a good idea to take a probiotic capsule now or wait till more stuff has passed.

Oh, and happy 19th birthday to son #1. He's gone out, eventually to end up at a club. Seems fully recovered.
                              My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Probiotic now and later.....
                                Female 55

Comment

Working...
                                X