No announcement yet.

Primal Journal **Greensprout**

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, my guys, despite causing me no end of grief here and there are turning out to be decent young men, at least most of the time. Joanie, I'd be happy to lend them to you for a few months . You might need to take out a loan to feed them, however.

Pretty busy at work, bunch of stuff to clear up before being away for nearly 2 weeks. Hit the bookstore this evening, as my e-reader pooched a few months ago, and the thought of nothing to read with 20+ hours of travel each way is not pleasant. Picked up the first of Ken Follet's new trilogy, and a huge tome by Kate Moss, Citadel. I enjoyed her Labyrinth. Should keep me going. A couple more odds and ends at the drugstore as well. I think I have everything I need, just need to start packing. Still waiting for the final work if we need 2 types of uniforms or just one, hoping just the flight suits. Hotels are still being sorted out. Looks like most decent places have wifi, but reports that it is typically spotty unless in the lobbies. Still need to order some Brazilian currency, I can get that at the airport here, but should order ahead to make sure I get what I'm wanting. Conversion should be simple, at present, is 1 Cdn $ to 2 Brazilian Real.

Apparently the "cultural activities" includes a visit to the Christ the Redeemer statue, and Sugarloaf Mountain. How very cool.
    My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Physio today for assessment on the shoulder. She agrees the right rotator cuff is not happy. Says it's not looking like a tear, but more of a tendonitis sort of thing. I have some exercises to do, need to pick up a resistance band for one of them. She was not surprised it felt worse with no activity (no lifting since the hand fracture), as the small muscles aren't getting worked, thus stiffen up. She expects it will improve. I'm happy, since I was dreading that it could be a tear.

Ran out tonight to buy some bras. Some of you will remember my "bra claim" of last year. Our military refunds us up to a ceiling for bra purchases annually, and the deadline is end March. I just remembered today I haven't done so this year. Totally didn't think about it when at VS on the weekend. Went to a closer shop, and picked up 5 every day sort of but kind of nice ones (including a pink and a turquoise) for just under the max amount. Will submit receipt on Thursday, and get it all back.

Started sorting my toiletries for the Brazil trip. Trying to minimize as much as possible. Aiming for the majority of packing tomorrow night. Think I'm set on the clothing, thanks to recent shopping expeditions. Had to have our hotel bookings changed for better rates. Hotel for Rio is right on Copacabana beach, which I'm rather excited about. The one in Brasilia looks quite nice as well.

Frittata for dinner, as hubby didn't feel like the chicken I had out. Diced bacon, mushroom, red onion, orange sweet bell pepper, tomato, scallions, and a cheddar/mozzarella mix.
      My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Tall and tan and young and lovely...oh wait...that's Ipanema...I am SO JEALOUS. The government is buying you pink and turquoise bras and sending you to Copacabana! This is so freaking awesome! Damn, I must have done something wrong in another life. I'm lucky if I find a quarter in a parking lot.

I'm kidding, of course. You've worked hard and you totally deserve all of this! I can't wait to hear everything, everything, especially the food and the shopping.

When I was a flight attendant I had many layovers in Rio - we stayed at a hotel in Leblon. Some very fond memories from that time!
        My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

“"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Yeah, it's a tough job sometimes when duty calls .

Cool to be lucking out being at the right job currently for some of these cool duties. Compensates for 7 months all expenses paid in the desert. Well, sort of.

And looks like I'll get to go again this year to the Aerospace Medicine conference in May. Went to Anchorage 3 years ago, Chicago last year, this time is San Diego.
          My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• 80% packed. The remainder is in various states of readiness. A load of laundry to do tomorrow to complete. Lost steam for that tonight. The verdict was take 2 uniform types, so added weight. Planning on pedicure tomorrow evening.

Now time to chill with Survivor and a glass of chardonnay, freshly bottled, and rather nice.
            My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• All packed. Well, except for the carry on, but the stuff is all laid out and ready for the final arranging. Checked in for flights, which is good, since I was given a middle seat for the 10+ hour leg from Chicago to Sao Paulo, and I was able to find a good aisle seat instead. Bringing some melatonin, so hopefully I'll be able to get at least some sleep enroute. Am traveling with one of the guys from here, the other 2 get in to Rio a bit ahead of us, but we have a ride waiting. Saturday afternoon will hopefully find me on Copacabana beach. I'm very excited. Not sure my winter white skin thinks the same, but sunscreen is packed. Got a good few important things out of the way at work, so they won't be looming over me while I'm away.

Managed to get the pedicure in tonight, toes are a nice bright pink. Don't have to leave for the airport till around noon, so have the morning to putter and get all the last bits done. Flight leaves at 245, arrive after 2 stops to Rio 21 hours later. Very short connection time in Sao Paulo, hopefully it works out okay.

Apparently both hotels have wifi, so might be reporting in at some point. Home on the 8th.
              My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• I am ridiculously excited for you! Take lots of pics! I want to see Copacabana.

“"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Waiting for pictures and traveling vicariously through you!
                  Female 55
                  Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
                  Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Have a wonderful trip, and enjoy the sun!
                    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• All set to go. Cab coming in an hour. Was going to make eggs, but am too excited to eat! Had a couple small bits of porkchop leftovers, and opened a kombucha. I may just wait until I get to Chicago in 6 hours. Have 5 hours at O'Hare before the next long leg, so plenty of time for supper. No idea what kind of crap they'll feed us on the plane. I think I was ordered a gluten free meal, never tried that on a flight before, and am not hopeful it will be appetizing. No big deal, as who needs to eat a meal after midnight, anyway?? Hopefully I'll sleep.
                      My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Airport Mickey D's!!! Just kidding. Wait for Rio, I am so jealous of the fab food you have waiting for you there. Hope you can check in. Safe travels!

Comment

• I'm in Rio! Very long yesterday, but did manage 5-6 hours of sleep in a coach seat with the aid of melatonin. Delayed in São Paulo, but all good. Here's Copacabana beach around 430 pm today:
                          Found a place with grilled meats and a salad for dinner, and Brasilian wine, which was rather decent. Our other 2 colleagues got delayed and missed flight out of Houston, so arrive tomorrow am. Official business starts Mon. Tomorrow is exploring, maybe beach and/or pool. Seems to be a street market close to the hotel, think I'll check that out.

Need to head to bed soon. Am 2 hrs ahead of home, but lost a proper sleep last night.

Weather here is high 70s with humidity. Hair wants to be curly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• OMG! OMG! OMG! This is so cool.

Let your hair be free!

Comment

• Haha, hair will be free tomorrow!

My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• And ear plugs plus sleep eye mask helped tremendously on the flight for sleeping. Highly recommended for long overnight flights.

My musings

The old stuff

Comment

Working...
                                X