No announcement yet.

Primal Journal **Greensprout**

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It got super damn cold again today. Will winter never end?? A week from now I'll be enroute to Rio, so that helps ease my weather angst just a tad.

Tomorrow morning we're going to see the cruise travel agent to hopefully book the Panama cruise for next Feb. Our friends booked this week already. Were debating going cheaper on an inside cabin, as friends have a veranda, but I really want some daylight in the room. Seems it's just a smidge more $ to have a window. I'd be happy with an obstructed view, as at least I can have some daylight. Hubby doesn't care, or get why I care about that, but is willing to go along. He's already convinced the travel agent can't give us any more insight than we've been able to find through our own research online, but I'm less skeptical and expect they should have some insights. If not, next time we won't bother with them and just book online. But perhaps they can get us a few discounts.

Spaghetti squash with meat sauce for dinner. Haven't had that for ages, and it was rather lovely. Had found a very tasty organic sauce on sale for half price, with all approved ingredients.

It's my birthday on Sunday. Hubby asked if I wanted to go out for dinner, but since I'll be doing that all the following week, we decided tomorrow we'll pick up some great steaks and a very nice bottle of red and have a better meal at home. And there's a bunch of episodes of the Walking Dead to catch up on .

So tomorrow is travel agent, groceries, and shopping for Brazil.
    My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Get the veranda. No one ever laid on their deathbed and said, "The veranda on the cruise was a waste of money."
      My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Went in to the travel agent planning on getting the obstructed view cabin with window. They have group discounts, so in the end, we DID choose the verandah, and get this: it's the cabin right beside our friends! Apparently you can even open the partition between balconies. And we're going to keep that a total secret and tell them we booked a lesser cabin on another deck until we are right there. How cool is that?! Was not that much more than what we had planned to book. Now only 11 months to plan and prepare .

Shopped today, picked up 2 tops for the upcoming trip, a sleeveless blouse and a cool cotton tank that can be either casual or more upscale in an awesome emerald green. Have to sort out the wardrobe.

Birthday ribeye steaks for tonight, with a really good bottle of italian barolo that was recommended by the wine gurus at the store. Should probably get started on prep.
        My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Happy Birthday - enjoy!
          Female 55
          Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
          Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Pedidoc View Post
            Happy Birthday - enjoy!
            Hope you have a wonderful bday..and many more

Comment

• Thanks, ladies .

I took myself shopping today. Came home with great travel fabric capris, a sundress, a casual knit cotton skirt all from MEC, and a bikini from Victoria's Secret. Had browsed the bathing suit shops, and all the colours/patterns/styles were unappealing. At VS, when helping with finding size, the salesgal did a bra fitting. I've considered myself mostly a 36A, sometimes 36B, occasional 34B. She proclaimed 34C. Seriously? Weird. Seriously weird. Yet for the top I bought, it worked. . It's a nice pattern, lots of pinks, aquas, greens. And no butt floss. The lighter colours work will for the winter pale skin. And I thought I looked pretty decent in the changeroom mirror. Been better, but not bad. And at 46, perhaps not bad at all. I'll wear it in public.

Last night's birthday dinner steak was utterly fabulous, and I have some leftover for Monday's lunch. Steak for Monday lunch always makes me happy . The Barolo was fantastic, as well. The boys each surprised me with gifts: a lovely bouquet from son #1, and a smaller bouquet on my nightstand with lindt dark chocolate and a starbucks gift card from #2 and girlfriend. How lovely! My boys are growing up!
              My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• What a birthday! It all sounds good! And such shopping fun. Hey, emerald green is MY color!

In my extremely limited and humble experience, women often wear too small of a cup size. We tend to go up on the circumference when we should go up a cup.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Bday sounds great. Love it when the sons grow up. I got lovely Christmas gifts from 2 of my 4 last December.
                  Female 55

Comment

• Emerald green, or most greens for that matter have been mine forever! Really makes the green eyes pop.

Here's the bouquet from son #1:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Last edited by Greensprout; 03-23-2014, 05:41 PM.
                    My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• And from son #2:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Wow, they're lovely!!!

Comment

• Very nice!
                          Female 55

Comment

• Beautiful! I am very jealous of you having all sorts of men buying you gifts!

Comment

• Kudos on no butt floss! Let them wonder.

Beautiful flowers, and a nice touch with the dark chocolate, also.

I wonder if it's too late for me to adopt some adult sons...
                              "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
                                It's a nice pattern, lots of pinks, aquas, greens. And no butt floss. The lighter colours work will for the winter pale skin. And I thought I looked pretty decent in the changeroom mirror. Been better, but not bad. And at 46, perhaps not bad at all. I'll wear it in public.
                                excellent.

and happy belated birthday...

Comment

Working...
                                X