• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yup getting old is hell!
    Female 55
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• 46! You're a child!
      My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Originally posted by Siobhan View Post
        46! You're a child!
        You both are!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pedidoc View Post
          Yup getting old is hell!
          Originally posted by Siobhan View Post
          46! You're a child!
          Hahaha!

Yet apparently I'm a bit of a spaz. One of the most annoying things from the hand fracture was when the (young) military doc said "aren't you a bit old to be doing crossfit?" Damnit, I'm almost 46, not 76... those kids have no idea.
          My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• The Dean at local university does crossfit and she's in her 50s minimum.
            Female 55

Comment

• I would have whacked him with my cane!
              I realized I was getting older (I'm 48) when the doctors and cops started looking like kids....sheesh.
              Oh and I saw your comment about hockey and curling in Siobhan's journal.....didn't want to rub it in over there but....
              GO CANADA GO EH!!!!!!!!!
              WHOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO!!! Don't think too much work got done anywhere in Canada today, we were all glued to computers and TVs, tomorrow should be more of the same!!

Comment

• That's okay, you can rub it in. I do live in the great state of Maine, after all. We're sort of like Canada without decent healthcare access and more crime. (Although I'm not complaining about the crime here. Generally crime involves snowblowers being stolen, unlike California where automatic weapons and machetes are often involved.) And my oldest sister is Canadian. Go Canada!

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
                  Hahaha!

Yet apparently I'm a bit of a spaz. One of the most annoying things from the hand fracture was when the (young) military doc said "aren't you a bit old to be doing crossfit?" Damnit, I'm almost 46, not 76... those kids have no idea.
                  I can only hope he was kidding!

Comment

• Originally posted by Siobhan View Post
                    I can only hope he was kidding!
                    Particularly so when considering that as long as I am in uniform, there is a fitness standard to uphold, and being fit is part of the job. And this doc isn't even super young, 30ish or a smidge more, and has 5 kids... of course he's also very tall and lanky. Whatever, dude.

More Canadian gold today! Yay!

And, uh, just sayin'...go Canada's mens hockey team for the gold on Sunday. Good luck to USA for the bronze tomorrow
                    My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Steak dinner last night was great, first steak since before the Texas getaway. What was I thinking?

Feeling lazy today. Hubby came with me for groceries, although I can drive, the lifting part is up to him. And manoeuvering a loaded shopping cart in a snowy parking lot would not be fun at all with one hand. I'm pleased that he's helping out, but he throws off my normal shopping routine. Ah well, stuff still got done. Was going to head out for a few non urgent errands, since I finally can independently again, but it's damn cold again, and the lazies have settled in for the day. Could start packing for next week, but that will more likely happen tomorrow. 2 different types of uniform plus casual clothes. Left most toiletries packed from last week, so that part will be quick.

Pork chops, green beans and brussel sprouts for dinner tonight.

Son #1 should be somewhere on the road for the 20+ hour drive home from BC. Would be nice if the damn kid would text me with an update...I think the plan is to arrive home sometime tomorrow, but I have very little idea what their plan is. He must be thinking he's an adult now, or some such nonsense and doesn't need to check in with mom.
                      My musings

The old stuff

Comment

He must be thinking he's an adult now, or some such nonsense and doesn't need to check in with mom.
                        Unfortunately that happens.
                        Female 55

Comment

• Re: age. Every decade, I think, "this is it; I'm going to be old and stop enjoying life." And every decade I'm proven wrong. I look forward to the big 6-oh (just over a year away). Life is good. (And old men make sex last longer than the seven minutes needed by young men.)
                          "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                            Re: age. Every decade, I think, "this is it; I'm going to be old and stop enjoying life." And every decade I'm proven wrong. I look forward to the big 6-oh (just over a year away). Life is good. (And old men make sex last longer than the seven minutes needed by young men.)
                            Joanie, you're awesome
                            My musings

The old stuff

Comment

Son #1 should be somewhere on the road for the 20+ hour drive home from BC. Would be nice if the damn kid would text me with an update...I think the plan is to arrive home sometime tomorrow, but I have very little idea what their plan is. He must be thinking he's an adult now, or some such nonsense and doesn't need to check in with mom.
                              Pretty sure you don't ever get that old!

Comment

• Son # 1 made it home. I did get a text when he was 2 hours away. They left yesterday morning and drove straight through for 22 hours. Apparently he had sent several texts over the past few days, but they never came through. Regardless, home safe. He has filled his belly and is heading for his bed. Not sure if it's for a few hours or until morning, haha. He looks pretty exhausted.

Pork shoulder is in the oven to braise. Heading out for those errands I put off yesterday, then packing and laundry.
                                My musings

The old stuff

Comment

Working...
                                X