No announcement yet.

Primal Journal **Greensprout**

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meeting up with Pedidoc was great. She's a lovely gal with an equally lovely soft Texan accent, as I had suspected. It's both strange and comfortably familiar to meet someone whom you've "known" for a couple of years online, considering we often share things here that we don't with the people around us day to day. A great brunch, and hopefully we'll get the chance to meet up again one day.

The tex mex dinner last night was okay, though not worthy of a repeat visit. Tonight's oysters and mahi mahi was much nicer.

This morning's beach walk was cut short, our toes were going numb in Vffs in the wet sand, temps in the 30s with a strong chilly wind. Still better than home. Made it a 40 min walk.

At the outlet mall found some great prices on workout gear and shoes for crossfit (sometimes the vffs are not optimal). And some casual Columbia pants, shorts and a sleeveless wrap tee. Hubby found workout clothes as well.

2 more days till we leave, and warming up. Snowstorm at home tonight, 10-15 cm. But this trip has shown me that spring will come, though that may not be for another month or two...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Funny about the Texas accent......While I was born in Texas, I grew up all over the world. Texans say I have no accent!

And yup, that's kind of how I feel about Tex-Mex food too. Now give me a plate of Mexican food in EP and it's worth the splurge!
      Female 55
      Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
      Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Last night in Texas. It's been a great week. Relaxing, sleeping in for 9 hours nightly, reconnecting as a couple. And lots of amazing super fresh seafood. Sad to be returning to snow and -18c temps, though warming up to minus single digits this week. Home had 15 CM of snow yesterday... Ugh.

Had an early dinner of ahi tuni rolled around cucumber & avocado with wasabi cream sauce, and mahi mahi with Parmesan risotto. Stopped by the candy shop, a praline for me and truffles for hubby.

Pretty much packed. Our faces are a touch pink from the last 2 morning beach walks, as it warmed up to 60s. Enjoying a bottle of Malbec and watching Olympic coverage. Am looking forward to seeing it from Canadian broadcast perspective, haha. Leave resort by 8 am, drive to Houston, 1200 flight via Toronto. Home by 9pm. Sunday to regroup. And finally, cast comes off tues afternoon, with the start of physio.

My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Made it home a couple of hours ago. A crapton of snow to greet us. How lovely.

House seems okay, all good with son #2, #1 is on a roadtrip with buddies to Kelowna to snowboard on university reading week. Waiting for a text to know all is well, heard last yesterday.

Hubby is hungry, not much food in the house. He's ordered gluten free pizza for delivery, I suspect I may have a slice.
          My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Glad you got home okay. Sorry for the snow, we are in 70s.
            Female 55
            Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
            Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Here's the view from my front step. Spring will be a while coming.

My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• And there was another 5 cm of snow overnight. According to local news, there has been 126 cm of snow (4.1 ft) since Nov 28. Good grief.

Last night with this damn cast!! I tried out my car (manual transmission) for the first real time since injury. A tad awkward, but I can shift, and operate all necessary controls. So tomorrow I shall drive my car to work, then to physio for 3pm, when the cast comes off and they make me some sort of splint. Hopefully more fingers free, and at least it will be removable for showers and such. I can already see visible muscle loss in the right arm . Boo hiss. At least no weight gain in this month of not working out, even with vacation.

Son #1 did phone home last night, he made it to BC, albeit with a cold. Wanted some advice on OTC cold meds, as he stated matter of factly: "you know I'll be having drinks in the evenings...". Sigh. Gave him some appropriate RN and mom advice. At least he also picked up some Vit D and C too. They are all staying with a buddy from here who took a year off school to work at a ski resort.

Eats:

2 black coffee
                bone broth with gelatin
                2 bananas on the green side, as I like them best
                small pork chop with pan juice/broth/white wine/sour cream reduction
                uber larabar
                pepperoni stiick
                2 small baked chicken thighs, sweet potato, broccoli
                a rum & zevia
                My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• I feel like you've had that cast a looonnnng time. You'll be pleased to see the back of it. Impressive though that you've ahd no weight gain through all of this.

Comment

• This is much nicer. At least more functionality. Looking very much forward to a long shower tonight with no plastic bag on my hand!!

My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• I love that color green, LOL.
                      (Fingers look better, yay)

Comment

• The shower was glorious. Couldn't use thr right hand much, as it's pretty damn sore unsupported. But no plastic bag. My forearm and wrist look tiny and thin, even hubby agreed. Not in a good way. And lots of dry flaky skin, ugh. Used some dead sea salt scrub stuff, but gingerly as it's not comfortable. Now I'm enjoying airing it out unencumbered and elevated on a pillow, while doing a bit of wrist ROM. Splint will go on before bed. Baby steps, I shall recover, albeit no doubt much slower than I would like.
                        My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• While I appreciated the extra mobility allowed by the splint over the cast, I may have overdone it a bit with shifting my workstation mouse back to the right hand and keyboarding today. Height of keyboard at desk is not optimal foe elevating the hand. It's sore tonight, and now that I have the splint off, is much more swollen.

Rode to workwith hubby, son #2's car was in the shop for some needed repairs, so I was nice mom and let him use mine. We picked his car up on the way home. He had to be at work early tonight.

Dinner is leftovers, aka "fend for self" night. Chicken thighs and ground beef/pork/bacon mix is in the fridge.

Hubby bought his usual weekly lotto tix tonight. Chatted about how much we'd need to win to outright quit work immediately. As he does many weeks. All sounds lovely, nice to dream. I suspect I'll be working full time for a few years yet.

Work travel next week. To Ottawa Mon for 2 days of meetings, then to Trenton for 2 days augmenting teaching new flight surgeons about aeromedical evacuation. Home after midnight Fri night.
                          My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• This is my favourite game... the lotto game... what would we do if we won.... I think it's important to play so that when you do win you at least have a plan...

I'm convinced I'm going to win this weekend after I am married. I used to say that dreams are free, but in reality my dreams cost $12 each week

Comment

• Nice to get that cast off! Isn't it amazing how much skin builds up? Ugh. I remember years ago after breaking my wrist how disgusted I was when it came off. Anyways, glad you're almost mended! Back to punching boxes for you!
                              My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Well, I wouldn't quite say almost mended just yet. It's still quite sore, swollen, and limited in mobility. I suspect it will be a couple of months before I can lift heavy things with that hand yet.

I saw the ortho surgeon today for the results of the knee MRI. For the record, our Canadian healthcare system may be universal and "free", but that makes it slow. To recap: previous knee meniscus tear in 2008, arthroscopy & repair in 2009. Similar symptoms recurred April 2013. Saw GP at the base. Physio referral, had treatments, sent back to GP but couldn't get appt until Aug. MRI ordered and referral to ortho who did last surgery. MRI Dec 28. Had appt with ortho for results booked late Jan, had to reschedule to today as I was going to be on a work trip, which of course was cancelled due to the hand injury.

Ortho opinion: medial knee (where previous tear was) looks good. Seems to be small tears on lateral knee cartilage. Plus some arthritis behind the patella. A decent PFS presentation. He recommends another scope to clean up the torn cartilage, when he'll have space in surgical schedule, in 5 months or so, as it';s non urgent. Says I should expect good symptom relief, better than the alternative of extensive physio for PFS rehab.

Good grief. I seem to be having an orthopedically challenged year. I probably will go ahead with the scope, as I'd like this knee in decent shape for many years to come. But not in summer, that would suck. And not right before our just booked trip to Myrtle Beach in mid Oct.

Perhaps 2014 is destined to be a rehab/refit/overhaul year for me and my soon to be 46 year old skeletal system.
                                My musings

The old stuff

Comment

Working...
                                X