No announcement yet.

Primal Journal **Greensprout**

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yup if I do nothing else it's mascara!!
    Female 55
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Siobhan View Post
      I can totally relate, they'll have to pry my mascara wand out of my cold dead hand.
      Originally posted by Pedidoc View Post
      Yup if I do nothing else it's mascara!!
      Ha, I knew it probably wasn't just me!

Now the muscles in my left forearm are feeling rather sore from having to do extra duty to compensate for the lacking right hand. Good grief.

Eats:

coffee
      bone broth with gelatin & egg yolk
      half pepperoni stick
      stir fry chicken & mixed veg on rice
      wine...self medicating...
      Last edited by Greensprout; 01-25-2014, 08:24 PM.
      My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• So sorry about your hand..it really does look painful.

Re: mascara. I decided I was sick of that part of my routine, so one morning I washed, moisturized, little lipstick, walked into the kitchen, DH took one look and said, you got the flu, baby?

Comment

• Originally posted by JudyCr View Post
          Re: mascara. I decided I was sick of that part of my routine, so one morning I washed, moisturized, little lipstick, walked into the kitchen, DH took one look and said, you got the flu, baby?
          That's hilarious! Men. So did you stick to your guns and ditch the mascara, or keep it?

Sore today, especially when I took off the spliny to shower and hair wash. A sign of healing, I hope? Even woke up sore and had to medicate.

Son #1 was out at a party last night. On the way home with a DD (sous chef from work), they hit black ice and slammed into a snowbank. Son hit his head (was drunk in backseat), but seems okay. Hubby yesterday took a chunk out of his bumper in the snowbank on the edge of our driveway, manreouvering around boys cars. He's not pleased.
          My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• I've never shown my plain face again, except when I really did have the flu.

I hope you have a quick recovery; it's such a pain when everything not working great.

Dang .. Ice on roads so dangerous!

Comment

• Originally posted by JudyCr View Post
              I've never shown my plain face again, except when I really did have the flu.
              I hear ya there.

Originally posted by JudyCr View Post
              I hope you have a quick recovery; it's such a pain when everything not working great.
              Thanks. It seems I'm still responsible for cooking, though apparently I can call for a prep cook as needed, but with a sigh and a look when I do. Can't win, it seems.

Originally posted by JudyCr View Post
              Dang .. Ice on roads so dangerous!
              Guessing that's not an issue in your locale. This winter has been horrid thus far. All over the city there's bits of car shards and bits of bumpers. I'll have to get a pic of the crapton of snow in my yard.
              My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• My hand has been aching a lot again today. Needed more pain meds again like I did yesterday. At least the xray and surgeon visit is tomorrow. Will borrow son's car again. Hopefully can have splint or cast that's a bit less bulky. Can't even fit this one through the sleeve of my uniform coat, and when it's feeling like the -40s, coatless is not an option. I've been wearing civ clothes to work since it happened. And of course, can't put hair properly up, either, aside from a pony, which is not okay in uniform.

Yes, feeling frustrated today. I want to listen to the Paleocon presentations, but am really not in the mood. Started Cordain's while making dinner, but recording volume was really low on my phone, and I didn't want headphones on for other reasons. But I did purchase the package, so will have them all, plus transcripts and videos to keep.
                My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• I am really pleased about the transcripts, that is really convenient. I bought the package also so I don't have to stress about listening to everything each day. The first day is so good I am glad I made the purchase.
                  My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Here's the latest...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• ugh........ at least you still have the use of the index finger and thumb - is that any help at all???

As for mascara - I totally relate. RARELY do I leave the house without at least a swish of mascara. Honey likes my clean face look too though - he says it looks natural and relaxed. I say I look white, pasty and near death! --- but as long as he's okay with it - I can feel comfortable going sans make-up once in a while.
                        1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                        2. Eat to heal
                        3. Move to live
                        4. Embrace today
                        5. Live with intention
                        6. Respect my body
                        7. Cultivate joy
                        8. Find my passion
                        9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Painful to you, I know, but a very nice pic of it

A winter wonderland tonight in Atlanta, gorgeous snow all over the place.

Comment

• Snow in Atlanta? I was in Savannah 2 years ago around this time for 10 days and the weather was lovely.

So the fracture is unstable, due to the angle of the break (slightly spiral). Cast for a week, then xray again. if it looks good, cast for 2 more weeks then start physio. If surgeon isn't happy with the position next week, it will be surgically pinned next Tues or Wed, then same treatment in cast for 2 weeks. Of course, hubby is away Mon till late Thurs. As is son #1, who goes away for his pilot selection testing. Just son #2 & me here. Will manage with his help. At least I'll still be able to go to Galveston, but casted.

At clinic till nearly noon, then quite sore from the casting manipulation, so stayed home. Had a long nap after meds.

Still can't fit uniform coat on, or pin up hair with the new cast, so regular clothes for the next while. Hard to find stuff in my wardrobe that's work appropriate and fits over the cast, especially since it's so damn cold. Need warm stuff in layers.

Mascara will be more challenging with only thumb and index finger on right hand.
                            My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Oh, 3 inches of fluffy snow!!! Dogs went nuts, eating it and having running fits.
                              DH and I walked the neighborhood about 9pm, gorgeous!!! So many people outside their homes, LOL.
                              We become kids when we see it. I understand, tho, traffic is at its worst and wrecks galore.

Comment

• I saw the snow in Atlanta on the news, quite a sight! I lived in Atlanta for four years during the 80s, can't imagine how such a city would handle snow. I doubt there is a veritable army of experienced sand-spreaders and plowers along with all the vehicles and equipment necessary. But maybe it will all melt away very quickly.
                                My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

Comment

Working...
                                X