No announcement yet.

Primal Journal **Greensprout**

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haha, Suse. Hubby was just asleep when I turned in last night, so no comments or noticing by him. He's turned in early tonight too, so should be "safe" for now. He semi regularly wakes during the night and can't get back to sleep for a few hours, which happened last night. In bed around 1030, awake at 2, up for rooibos tea at 3, finally fell back asleep by 4, then alarm at 6. No wonder I had to nudge him up, as he showers first. My feet felt nice in the morning. Feet are once again savoury tonight.

Hi Tomi. Yes, Brazil is a very long way for a work trip. Pretty exciting! Hopefully we'll get to book our flights on the carrier I have airmile points with. That would be major. We've managed a good number of getaway flights with points that hubby has accumulated from all his work travel, though that's slowed down a lot over the past year.

Slept well for nearly 7 1/2 hours, and even got up a few minutes early. Granted it was mostly because I had to kick hubby up, and then I had to pee. Got out the door in good time, which is always a decent start for a Monday. Pretty alert at work, though I didn't seem to accomplish much. Ah well.

A good crossfit session. My shoulder is bugging me a bit, so couldn't really add weight for overhead squats and snatches today. The rest of the class was tough. Lots of burpees mixed in again today. I don't like them, but am getting pretty good at getting them done at a good pace.

Eats:

1 black coffee
    mate tea
    green tea
    bone broth with gelatin, a banana
    L: leftover steak & baked potato with mushrooms
    couple of chocolates
    more green tea
    D: 2 chicken thighs, rice, broccoli
    bottle of mandarin ginger kombucha

My legs are feeling pretty dead. Squats will do that.

My mom texted me last night as she was watching a news documentary program she wanted me to tune in to. I had told her about doing crossfit, and of course, this program was about rhabdomyolosis in crossfitters. I guess the mom concern never goes away, even when she's 69 and I'm 45. But she's going to start back at the gym with a trainer at a seniors program at her local community centre, paid for by the provincial health care seniors health initiative. Very nice. About 8 years ago she had joined a gym and personal training, lost a lot of weight and looked and felt great. But she stopped going, and put it all back on and then some. I hope she finds this something she likes and continues.
    My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• So great your mom is up for that! My mom is ten years older and even with her current problems and doctors and physical therapists and nurses and daughters trying to get her to just MOVE a little, she is very resistant. Maybe your mom will be doing crossfit with you someday!
      My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• well, managed to do a good one this time. fractured my right metacarpal at crossfit. one hand typing here.

inadvertently pretty much punched the box while attempting high 24 inch box jumps. had to call home to rescue me & car, was no way i could drive stick home.

at least got lucky in ER, xrayed, splinted and out in 2 hours.

and yes, i'm right handed.

good grief. fortunate fracture is nondisplaced, but sure hurt like a bugger when it was set in the splint fiberglass half cast.

and good i have plenty of bone broth on hand.

My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Good grief! Hope you heal quickly and have less pain tomorrow.
          Female 55
          Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
          Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• And to think your mom was worried about rhabdomyolosis! Geez that sucks! Heal extra fast!

This is nothing like as bad, but when I was at my mom's house last week because of her hospitalization I slashed my thumb but good on a razor. I am a disaster with razors. My DNA is now all over her house. I briefly considered getting it stitched, but just wrapped it up good and tight. It healed great, though. Two words (that you already know) - bone broth.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Hows the hand doing?
              Female 55

Comment

• Nice swelling & colour today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Ouch!
                  Female 55

Comment

• That pretty much sums it up. Still quite sore at times.

Had to cancel my trip to Tucson next week. Re-xray and follow up with plastic surgeon on Tues, they were adamant waiting till the following week was not a good idea. Hopefully it will be starting to set by then and I can get a slightly smaller splint or cast.

Being without my right hand is exceedingly challenging.
                    My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Oh no!! Looks painful, GS. Hope it heals quickly!

Comment

• ow!

Comment

• Been going to work with hubby the last 2 days, as I can't do the stickshift. He's taking tomorrow off (bastard...), so am trading cars with son #2 as he has an automatic. Should be manageable, at least I hope so...

Less hungry, thus less foods eaten. A good thing. 2 cups bone broth daily. And some supplemental coconut oil to compensate for the constipating effects of codeine. And extra natural calm magnesium.
                          My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Just in case you were wondering, here's the hand with splint off to get undressed for bed. Rather swollen. Boys were suitably impressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• The swelling & bruising looked even more impressive last night and this morning. Bruising even evident on the palm of the hand. The pain is less, but still obviously there, but more related to activity and movement. Using less of the codeine pain meds.

Managed driving to work yesterday ok with son #2's automatic transmission car. Had to bring hubby for the weekly grocery shop today, as I obviously need help with lifting, cart pushing, and such. Less enjoyable shopping with someone not familiar with my shopping routine, but helpful, regardless.

Keeping eats on the light side, but aiming for nutrient dense. Slight downward scale movement since injury day. \could easily go the other way if not careful while not working out.

I'm really ready for a smaller splint. Only 3 more days....

I have still managed to apply very basic makeup daily, including mascara, oddly enough. Yeah, I'm like that. Priorities, some might say, either that or a complete nutcase.
                              My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• I can totally relate, they'll have to pry my mascara wand out of my cold dead hand.

Ouch. Ouch. Ouch.

Comment

Working...
                                X