Primal Journal **Greensprout**

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^+1000 next to you I'm a slug.
    Last edited by Pedidoc; 01-14-2014, 08:57 PM.
    Female 55
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• I'm definitely seeing some positive body composition. Arms, legs, and bum for sure. Little scale movement. aside from my usual of late 5 lb up and down range, but shape is changing. I like it.

Crossfit was good, as usual. I realized after talking to one of the coaches after class that I should be working more on mobility stuff. I've been tight in the hips for ages, and this year the shoulders too. It's something I could be working on diligently daily, if I choose to do so. It would do me a hell of a lot of good. I want to keep these joints mobile for many years to come. On another note, my toes to bar is improving. I used to be able to just lift my knees to waist level or so, now I can swing the toes to chest level. Mini progress, but all good.

Eats:

2 black coffee
      B: 2 HB eggs, a grapefruit
      white tea - coconut/lemongrass
      L: bit of steak, half a baked potato, few mushrooms. a banana
      2 squares lindt 85% dark chocolate
      D: bowl of carrot ginger soup, a pepperoni sticl

A decent bit of travel ahead. Work trip to Tucson Az at the end of the month, week in Galveston mid Feb, to Ottawa end Feb for a few days, long weekend in Nova Scotia visiting friends mid March, work trip for a week to Brazil at the end of March. Need to work on my minimal packing skills.
      My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Weird day today. Busy at work. Then an incoming nasty storm had the CO tell us to go home early before it got worse. -20s this am, then snow and high winds (aka blizzard type conditions) and warming up significantly with threat of freezing rain. Inside the city, it wasn't too horrible. I left at 130. Was able to run out after to the butcher to get some pork butt for carnitas on Friday, as we have an friend in town coming over for dinner. Then more work stuff, was pretty much on the work blackberry from 5 until after 8. Got the chicken in the oven for dinner at 645. All is good now. Besides, both boys are at work, so just hubby and me needing dinner. He had to stop for a few grocery bits today, and brought home potato chips and ice cream. He had some of both. I had neither, though a tiny taste of ice cream may happen yet.

Shoulder was achy today, so decided a miss for crossfit was appropriate. Hopefully back tomorrow.

Eats were on the light side, due to the odd workday and the after hours on call stuff. Feeling fine with that. I do better with lower food days when I'm busy. Externally imposed busy type of stuff.

Had some good chuckles this evening reading through the rebuttals to the ranked diets 2014 garbage, Sisson, Wolf and Cordain. Good rebuttals, silly other peeps.

Eats:

2 black coffees
        bone broth with gelatin and an egg yolk
        sencha green tea
        L: ginger carrot soup with shrimp
        a pepperoni stick, kombucha
        2 chicken thighs skinless, baked
        glass of wine

Early bed is a good idea. I think the work stuff is done for tonight, and I have no reason aside from online blogs or tv to be up, which is no excuse to miss sleep. Will it happen? Tune in tomorrow...
        My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Okay, okay, not so early bed. TV was not on, turned off laptop not too late, but puttered around doing nothing in particular aside from making lunch for work. In bed shortly past 11.

Very busy day sitting glued to my desk at work. Drove to work in nearly blizzard conditions today. Not nice at all. Tonight calm, but cold once again. -20C plus light winds. And some more snow. Got to crossfit. Had some good tips from another member on jerk technique, which worked out great. I might be getting it now . Kept the weight a bit lower than I could handle for jerks/front squats so I could focus on form to keep my knees in proper position. Still kicked my ass, as usual.

Our primal friend who moved to Nova Scotia is in town visiting her daughter and grandbabies. She's coming over for dinner tomorrow. Have to season the pork to throw in the slow cooker for carnitas in the morning. We're going to her place for an extended long weekend in March. Should be fun.

Eats:

2 black coffee
          green sencha tea
          bone broth, baked potato, 2 chicken thighs, an apple
          one square lindt 85% dark chocolate, kombucha
          late D: salmon fillet sauteed in butter, rice, steamed broccoli, glass of white.

Have to be in to work earlyish for a videoteleconference, so perhaps reasonable bed will happen. That pork shoulder is still waiting to be seasoned. And onions to slice. Good thing hubby has taken over laundry duty tonight.
          My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
            Need to work on my minimal packing skills.
            This.

We are planning a trip west this August. I am determined to pack light.
            I know, I've never done it. I remember the pile of things I never used on my Scotland trip...
            My goal, my dream, is carry-on only. I don't know if it can be done.
            Sadly, I dream about it. Really.
            Yeah, I know, you're remembering all I brought for our weekend in Guelph.
            I so don't want to haul a huge suitcase around....

Let me know how you do.
            "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
            "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
            "Moderation sucks." Suse
            "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
            "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
              Good thing hubby has taken over laundry duty tonight.
              Ever since my Farmer washed and dried my bras he is not allowed to do my laundry. (He also washes whites with work clothes)
              I hope your hubby does a better job...
              "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
              "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
              "Moderation sucks." Suse
              "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
              "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• I'm not a light packer. Two big suitcases for this 2 week trip. What is hard is I need dress, office professional, office casual, comfortable, work out and all the shoes and stockings/socks you need with them. Plus winter clothes need more room.

DH does all the male laundry in the house and will strip beds and wash sheets and towels after we have guests. I do my own laundry, but sometimes let him do my workout clothes.
                Female 55

Comment

• Originally posted by Pedidoc View Post
                  I'm not a light packer. Two big suitcases for this 2 week trip. What is hard is I need dress, office professional, office casual, comfortable, work out and all the shoes and stockings/socks you need with them. Plus winter clothes need more room.

DH does all the male laundry in the house and will strip beds and wash sheets and towels after we have guests. I do my own laundry, but sometimes let him do my workout clothes.
                  He's a keeper

Comment

• Hubby does a decent job with laundry. I do get annoyed that sometimes the wrong stuff gets mixed in together, but at least now he errs on the side of hanging some stuff up to dry that doesn't need it, rather than staying in the dryer and shrinking. And he uses cold water, a good thing, though not needed for whites. But how do light faded wash jeans fit in with whites? His folding can use a lot of work, but at least it's done. The worst part is that some of my stuff gets put in with the boys folded stuff. I was missing 2 pair of good workout shorts for over a week. Found in boys bin. And many of my socks go missing...in the boys bin. I seem to be always short on socks. But at least it gets done, which is worth more value than my complaints. . Anything I know of mine that needs more delicate treatment does not get put into the regular laundry hamper. If it's in there, it gets standard laundry treatment. So I do keep some stuff aside and make sure I do it separately.
                    My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Originally posted by JudyCr View Post
                      He's a keeper
                      My thoughts exactly!
                      Female 55

Comment

• Ventured out today to pick up local eggs, spices, Costco stuff, tea. My favourite green tea blend, moroccan mint. Green tea, peppermint, cardamom, ginger, black peppercorns. Awesome stuff.

Bottled the kombucha, cherry ginger, and a new batch on to brew. It will be ready when I get back from the Tucson trip in 12 days. Scoby is looking great. I still need to name it. It seems to be a he, rather than a she. Not sure why, but that's that.

Currently sitting with coconut oil in my hair, covered in plastic wrap. Hubby thinks I'm trying to shield aliens, didn't quite get it when I said that tinfoil would be more appropriate for that purpose. I've tried this as a hair treatment previously, but with mixed results, kinda greasy afterwards. I'll shower and shampoo it out shortly, hoping for better results this time around.

Hubby and I have both committed to an alcohol free Monday, will take the rest of the week as it comes. So I have a glass of wine on the go presently... Home brewing makes that far too easy.
                        My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Another odd experiment. I made some GOOT. Garlic oil ointment treatment. 3 tbsp crushed garlic, 3 tbsp coconut oil, 3 tbsp evoo. I've had issues on and off for years with athletes foot. Yes, yuck. Sporadic ever since basic training in 1985. According to "The Coconut Oil Miracle" and various blogs, it's supposed to be the bomb.

I've applied it to freshly showered tooties, covered by socks. Don't suppose I want garlic on my bedsheets. It feels rather nice and tingly. And smells rather savoury. I'm sure hubby will have a comment or two come bedtime. Then again, he's become accustomed to my oddities. Regardless, I hope it works. My stepdad used to say that rubbing garlic on one's feet when you have a cold/flu helps cure things. Weird.
                          My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• I am chuckling to myself thinking about you in bed with your "savoury" feet. Your husband puts up with a lot

Comment

• Originally posted by winencandy View Post
                              This.

We are planning a trip west this August. I am determined to pack light.
                              I know, I've never done it. I remember the pile of things I never used on my Scotland trip...
                              My goal, my dream, is carry-on only. I don't know if it can be done.
                              Sadly, I dream about it. Really.
                              Yeah, I know, you're remembering all I brought for our weekend in Guelph.
                              I so don't want to haul a huge suitcase around....

Let me know how you do.
                              Yes I recall the picture of your unworn/unused items from that trip. I too, am hopeless at packing light. If it wasnt for the fact that we all take so many photos nowadays and post them on facebook and the like, it would probably be easier, but we dont want people seeing us in the same clothes day after day.

Comment

• Lurking a bit...... Thought I'd say HI!

And, Brazil??? that's a long way to go for work!
                                1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                                2. Eat to heal
                                3. Move to live
                                4. Embrace today
                                5. Live with intention
                                6. Respect my body
                                7. Cultivate joy
                                8. Find my passion
                                9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

Working...
                                X