No announcement yet.

Primal Journal **Greensprout**

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmm. Seems that putting my leg up for a while helped a lot. That pain was huge, and I was hobbling around the house for a few hours. Now 2 loads of laundry are done and the floors are vacuumed. I did take the meds and iced twice, just for good measure.

Didn't do the sweet potato pancakes, had a pepperoni stick and some berries straight up.

Time for a reasonable bedtime.
    My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Glad your knee feels better.
      Female 55
      Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
      Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Once again, the knee wasn't particularly bothersome today. Random twinges of pain at times, but tolerable. Then again, I didn't stress it, either.

Back to the gyne clinic to go over my test results. Endometrial biopsy was completely okay. A few things on the ultrasound however, thankfully no evidence of any malignancy or anything that drastic. There was "uterus demonstrates changes of adenomyosis", suspected "tiny intramural fibroids" and "within the endometrium, a subtle suggestion of a 1.5 cm vascular polyp". Basically, all this could certainly be causing my midcycle spotting, and TOM cramping. I'm told these polyps are well over 90% benign, but it was recommended to have a hysteroscopy (scope to check out the inside of the uterus) to remove the polyp and D&C and send the whole mess off for pathology to be on the safe side and rule out anything more serious. It was my call to do this or not, but in this case I think it's prudent to go ahead and know for sure that all is clear. The surgeon has no room to fit me in until Oct, which is fine. I'm traveling 3 weeks out of 4 in Sep, so this is better for me anyway. They did go over progesterone therapy if I felt the symptoms were bad enough, either oral, depo-provera or the Mirena IUD, but I'm not too thrilled with any of these options. I'm fine to pass on that for now, I can deal with it. Hormone therapy isn't a route I'm too comfortable with, personally. There's too many other things that can get messed with. I'll do more research if symptoms get more bothersome.

I realized at the hospital that I was within blocks of a gluten free bakery I'd heard about, so stopped to check it out on the way home. They do a lot of cakes and breads, some cookies and such. By mid afternoon, there wasn't a lot on the shelf, it's a small place, and mostly breads. I was looking for a treat, so got 2 small butter tarts with a mostly tapioca flour crust. They were yummy. I do miss a good pastry crust once in a blue moon. Nice, but I don't think I need to run across town to visit again, not to make a special trip, anyway. I do see some of their stuff from time to time in one of the organic hippie stores closer to home if I'm interested. And as I had come home after the appt, I ate them and promptly had a 45 min power nap. Ha, sugar coma more likely.

Eats:
        coffee
        bone broth
        4 HB eggs
        cherries
        the small butter tarts
        D: grilled pork chop, rice, creamed kale with garlic scapes. Son #2 was very happy.

I used the pressure cooker for the rice, as it has a rice setting. Turned out great, and no messing around with pots bubbling over on the stove. Plus it's quick.

Didn't do the early bed last night, so am still tired today. I have absolutely no reason to not get enough sleep tonight.
        My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• I've got to agree that you should get the polyp removed and the rest sent for biopsy.
          Female 55

Comment

• Good to be safe. Best of luck with the tests/procedures. These things are a pain but it is good to get them over with and have peace of mind.

There are two gluten-free bakeries that sell at my food co-op - both are excellent. The cakes and cookies are the best. But they are intensely caloric and carb heavy. I treat myself once in a while and I'm glad I have the option but I'm glad the stuff is too expensive to be a regular item in my shopping cart.
            My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• The knee feels good today. Physio thought there were some improvements, took me outside to toss a frisbee and it felt fine with some planting and pivoting. He did think the pain on Monday would be consistent with a meniscus issue, so we wait for the dr visit and MRI. In the meantime, continue strengthening and using it as tolerated. Okay to run, too.

Went out for a walk after work with grey skies looming. Of course, the rain started and turned into a downpour. I headed back for home, so only 20 min out. It turned nice again a bit after I got home, but the motivation had passed to go back out.

Had a chocolate craving while doing tedious desk work late afternoon, but managed to get past it. We went out for lunch today, as it was the outgoing boss's last day. The place is somewhere we've gone before, and the menu offers nothing worth having. I ate my lunch before we left, and had only green tea there.

Eats:
              coffee
              bone broth
              1100: 3 HB eggs (had an avocado, but it was all bad inside when opened ), cucumbers, a plum
              green tea
              530: pepperoni stick, couple of pecans, caprese salad
              730: lamb liver and sweet potato sauteed in butter
              couple spoonsful of ice cream
              glass of wine

Both boys are at work, it's quiet, think bedtime is looming. Last night was a good 7 hours, but woke up a lot.
              My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Close to 8 hours of sleep, not ready to move when the alarm rang, so woke feeling unrested. Felt fine once showering, and had decent energy through the workday. Once I got home, felt fairly fatigued, consequently had another rather lazy evening. Couple loads of laundry done, but that's about it. Guess I'll aim for earlier to bed tonight. I wish it got dark before 10pm.

Thunderstorms and rain through the day, including tornado warnings with funnel clouds spotted outside the city for the 2nd day in a row. Obviously not a walk day, so went to the gym at noon. Leg strengthening stuff: squats on a bosu, single leg leg extensions and standing hamstring curls. Did a few sets of OHP and bench press as well, then walked fast on a treadmill for 30 min. Decent.

Was going to throw some beef in the pressure cooker, but one kid was already at work, the other had just made himself a meal before I got home, and I wasn't that hungry. Threw some stuff together later, not a large amount, but feeling overfull after finishing. I'm trying to be more mindful about eating, and as a result, I think my appetite seems to be less. Interesting.

Eats:
                coffee
                bone broth
                white tea
                L: 2 small pork loin chops, cucumber, grape tomatoes.
                herbal tea
                pepperoni stick, a few pecans
                D: a small pork chop, 3 eggs, half cup of buttered rice.
                glass of wine.

Tomorrow at work we're playing golf (note- I do not golf. Played 3 or 4 times in gym class in high school, but not since), then a BBQ at a coworker's place as a farewell to the boss and another colleague. I'll give it a go to try and hit a few balls, should be fun. And should be home a bit early, which is fine, too. Aiming for more productivity over the weekend, I have a long list of stuff I've planned on getting done while hubby is away. The garden definitely needs weeding, and the house needs a good cleaning.
                My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• 8 hours of reasonable sleep, not eager to get up, but it wasn't bad. Should be able to get in a good 9 hours tonight. No need to be up too early, but will hit the farmers market first thing after I'm up and about.

I woke sort of hungry, so cooked a 3 egg omelet with the last couple ounces of lamb liver and cream cheese, which I had as soon as I got to my desk. It was yummy.

Golf was actually pretty fun. Of course, as a total newb, I was not good, but managed a couple of really good shots from the tee. I've never had any interest in golf, and hubby plays maybe once a year when it's a work thing. I could see trying it out with lessons someday, like after we retire in 5-7 years. Yes, that's the planned timeline for departing the military for good. And pensions will mean we won't have to continue working, though I can see myself still doing some casual nursing shifts, like no more than maybe 2 per week at that point. We'll see.

After golf was a BBQ, the fresh burger patties from Costco were quite good. I had 2 topped with cheese & bacon, onion & tomato. Did add mustard and ketchup, as well as some packaged coleslaw and caesar salad. Nothing seems to be disagreeing with me, so no real harm done. The day was mostly sunny, but kind of cool, not quite even 20C. I think I got a bit of pink on my face, at least it feels that way. Nothing that good old magic coconut oil can't deal with.

Still full from the lunch, so dinner is not needed today. Perhaps a snack later. Son #1 is working, #2 is with the girlfriend, and can find stuff or they might go out for food. All good. Had half a bottle of kombucha after getting home. I only had 2 bottles of water even with being outside all day, so am likely a bit on the dry side. Feeling rather weary as well, so going to have another lazy evening, and get stuff done tomorrow. Food shopping, prepping, and yardwork are on the plans.

I've poured a rum and zevia. And have a tiny single serving bottle of prosecco chilling. I was thinking about bubbles, but obviously no need to buy a full bottle, as it's best shared, and a whole bottle to myself is totally a bad idea. Yes, I could do it, but not a good idea! Just said no. Will pick up bubbles for when hubby gets home. He made the train to Montreal tonight, so is visiting his family for the weekend. Great timing, as one brother is moving to BC soon, and there's a farewell party for him tomorrow.
                  My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• 9+ hours of sleep, hooray for Saturdays. Not all solid sleep, however. But pretty decent. Lingered over coffee, then headed out for the usual weekend urban foraging.

I've never seen the farmers market this busy anytime I've been there over the past 3 seasons. And I'm there nearly every Saturday from June to October. But maybe not so surprising, since everything is in full season. Except for ripe tomatoes. I was too late to get any. Will have to stop by the local organic shop tomorrow for that. I picked up grass fed oxtails, cucumbers, dill, garlic, rhubarb, raspberries, zucchini, beets, amazing tzatziki, and a gluten free date square (GF oats). Planning on making borscht, dill pickles in my gallon stone crock, and rhubarb berry sauce.

Browsed a few shops instead of yardwork, but didn't find what I was looking for. Did locate some awesome German foot cream that I haven't found for a few years for a decent price, so that came home with me. Plus a super cheap large bag of organic tapioca flour and a gluten free chebe pizza dough mix (also inexpensive) with surprisingly no unacceptable or questionable ingredients. Will save that for some night when hubby's back and the boys are out.

The scale has been creeping down all week. Today is 3 lbs down from Monday. We'll see if it sticks. I'm eating less, but satisfied. Not a dry week, but less alcohol, for sure.

Eats:
                    coffee, an tiny pork chop
                    gluten free date square. Tasted nice, but felt the sugar rush after. Can give that a miss next time. 4 pecan halves, couple of blueberries
                    cup of kombucha
                    dinner will be a grilled striploin with mushrooms and local new baby potatoes. And some decent red wine.

Both boys at work, so house to myself. Might find a movie to watch. Hubby has a ton on the server, but most of them are guy oriented action flicks. Might find something...
                    My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Woke earlier than expected, after not quite 8 hours of sleep. Tried for another 20 min in bed, but apparently I was done.

I finally found that productive day I was looking for all week. Here's the tally of stuff done:
                      rhubarb berry sauce made
                      load of laundry done and folded
                      borscht made (and damn fine, I must say)
                      tomato plants pruned
                      back and front gardens weeded and watered
                      cucumbers put into stone crock to ferment into pickles
                      homemade wine processed through the next phase
                      Togolese chicken legs marinated and grilled (saw the thread on Red Palm Oil yesterday...I bought some recently, finally finding some not from Asia, just hadn't found anything to do with it yet).

Haven't tasted the chicken yet, but the bits of skin stuck to the grill that I pulled off are extremely tasty.

My low back is kind of sore from the gardening. Hopefully less so tomorrow.

Eats:
                      coffee
                      3 soft boiled eggs
                      small piece of kerrygold dubliner cheddar
                      good sized bowl of borscht.
                      cucumber
                      2 bites of the fatty bits of son #2's saved steak that he would have tossed
                      planning on chicken legs with grilled onion plus cucumber
                      couple of cider
                      My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Wow! You were busy.
                        Female 55

Comment

• Originally posted by Pedidoc View Post
                          Wow! You were busy.
                          Funny, even after all that, I felt like there were a few more things I "should have" done. Good grief.

Tonight was less productive. I slept about 7.5 hours, as usual wasn't ready to get up, but energy was fine until I got home close to 5 pm, when it took a dive. Managed 2 loads of laundry, including changing the duvet cover and bedding, plus outdoor watering.

Picked my 2nd ripe tomato tonight. Super meaty, and very sweet. Delicious. Here's to the rest ripening soon! There are a few grape tomatoes nearly ready to pick. The rest of the larger ones and the heirloom ones are a bit further behind.

Had a 4 mile walk over lunch. Felt good, and the knee has been fine for days now. My back, which was sore after the weeding yesterday was better by bedtime, but the hamstrings and glutes are feeling well worked today, as I was using them more to avoid as much deep squatting yesterday. No change with the walk.

Eats:
                          coffee
                          greek yogurt with a few blueberries & raspberries topped with berry sauce & coconut flakes
                          L: leftover steak (maybe 4 oz) & mushrooms, 2 cups of borscht with sour cream
                          D: 3 chicken legs, cucumber, the freshly picked tomato with evoo/basil/fresh mozzarella

Bed is calling soon. But first excuse me while I fry a banana in butter with cinnamon & a smidge of maple syrup, perhaps a touch of cream and walnuts as well. Mmmm.
                          My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Uneventful sort of day. Work was busy, so didn't get out to the gym. Sleep was close to 8 hours, but woke a number of times to the boys' activities in the house after I went to bed. One had a buddy come over late, the other worked till after 3 am, heard someone setting the security system when they went to bed after 5 am. I never used to hear this stuff when I was asleep, always was a heavy sleeper, but have been hearing them a lot more the past few months. At least I nearly always get back to sleep quickly. Not totally rested when getting up, but energy levels reasonable through the day.

Eats:
                            coffee
                            half cup of greek yogurt with berry sauce, coconut flakes and a bit of hemp seeds
                            chai tea with stevia
                            L: 3 small chicken legs and 2 cups of borscht with sour cream
                            D: bacon wrapped pork tenderloin with broccoli & mushrooms roasted in the meat juices/rendered bacon fat. Mmmmm.

Aiming for a good night's sleep.
                            My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• I used to sleep like I was in a coma, but then I turned fifty...and hit menopause...I miss those days!
                              My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Close to 8 hours of sleep, somewhat rested, but tired again after work. Busy work day, so once again no gym time. Thought about walking after work, but the blahs set in as TOM is making its presence known a few days early. Bah. Did a run to Costco instead to pick up some stuff.

I did water the garden, cleaned a bathroom plus another toilet, plus have a load of laundry on the go. Cooking was not needed today, both boys are working, I wasn't too hungry, and there was stuff in the fridge. I ate a bunch of coconut after getting home from Costco - yes, the stuff I try not to get too often.

Eats:
                                coffee
                                L: 2 cups of borscht with sour cream, bacon wrapped pork tenderloin slices, 4 small squares of 85% dark chocolate with a spoonful of macadamia nut butter
                                pb cups. chalk that one up to TOM. felt more blah afterwards
                                bowl of borscht with sour cream, 1 chunk of bacon wrapped pork. Maybe some cheese on rice crackers in a bit. glass of wine.

Early sleep is needed, once again. In bed by 10 for sure.
                                My musings

The old stuff

Comment

Working...
                                X