No announcement yet.

Primal Journal **Greensprout**

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A lovely day, 14C, probably the warmest we've had so far this barely starting spring. Did an hour of yardwork, but lots has to wait until things dry up a bit, which should happen this week.

I slept for nearly 10 hours last night! Obviously needed it.

Grocery restocking and errands.

Son #2 survived his first full shift, and son #1 said he did a decent job.

Eats:
    coffee
    few pecans, 2 pepperoni sticks, a plum, 2 large strawberries
    D: striploin steak, mushrooms, asparagus, peppers, baked potato with sour cream. Cider and wine.
    Last edited by Greensprout; 05-04-2013, 08:45 PM.
    My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
      Son #2 survived his first full shift, and son #1 said he did a decent job.
      Having boys, I know that's high praise indeed!
      Female 55
      Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
      Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Pedidoc View Post
        Having boys, I know that's high praise indeed!
        I figured as much .

Lovely day today, got in more yardwork. My growing beds need work, I'm working on a plan for veg (in boxes), herbs, and perennials. Lots to be done, there could be a huge amount if I was ready to spend as much cash as necessary, but I think this year will be a half way effort. Nice to see the beginnings of my chives sprouting. That's about it thus far. And the backyard is completely full of bunny droppings from the winter. I'm not impressed. Hubby and I were pondering whether putting one of the butchered bunnies from the freezer case in the grocery store on a stake in the yard would deter the cousins...

A trip to the bulk store and Walmart early in the day before gardening. Oh, what excitement.

Eats:
        coffee
        1 pm: leftover fatty steak bits with 3 soft boiled eggs and the last of the hollandaise
        a rum & zevia in the sunshine on the back deck
        D: 2 small grass fed beef/pastured lamb burgers topped with homemade tzatziki, roasted red peppers, feta, red onion, tomato
        wine

I do believe a fried banana is in my immediate future

Hubby is away all this upcoming week, the following week I'm away, then he's away for half the next week.

My plan for this week is no alcohol until Friday, or at least limited to only one, which will only be at the end of the evening if it seems right, so as to not lead to another. That has definitely been my major issue of late.
        My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• My landlord worked tirelessly in the yard for two weeks, cleaning up the garden, putting in a new raised bed, and finally planting peas and some fine looking tomatoes that he started from seed months ago. I fear that he was much too soon with the tomatoes, as they look very, very sad this morning. I have heard - and generally seen it in practice - that anything frost-sensitive can't go out until May 30. It has been quite cold at night, at least for awhile and I am afraid the tomatoes are lost. This is really sad for me as I am welcome to help myself to the garden produce.

I've been limiting myself to one small glass of wine consumed with dinner, and that's working really well. For some reason my desire for it has waned and most of the time I'm not having any. Don't know why this happened, but I'm not arguing.
          My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• A decent workout midday

pullups (with bands)
            OHP 45 x 8, 55 x 5 for 2 sets, 60 x 5 for 2 sets, 55 x 8
            squats 45 x 10, 95 x 8 for 2 sets, 115 x 5 for 2 sets, 95 x 8
            bench press 45 x 10, 65 x 5, 75 x 5, 80 x 5 for 2 sets, 65 x 8
            planks front x 90 sec, sides x 40 sec

Finally a beautiful day, 25C and sunny. Back in the yard after work for over an hour worth of raking, got most of the front yard done before I pooped out. Just the part in the very front of the yard where there's a lot of sand piled up from the snowbanks left to do. 2 loads of laundry, vaccuuming, and I was done for the night. Told the boys to deal with the leftover burgers. I'll cook a proper dinner tomorrow.

Eats:
            coffee
            bone broth
            L: steak, mushrooms, a small baked potato, sauerkraut
            mate tea
            D: rather late. crispy pork belly slices and radishes.

I decided I earned a cold cider after the yardwork, it was mighty fine on the deck while all sweaty and sore. And I did have a glass of wine later on, but that's done for the night.

In fact...goodnight. I have that endometrial biopsy tomorrow. What fun. Not.
            My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• I had one of those a few years back. The only good thing I have to say about it is that it was over very quickly. And so shall yours be.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Sending positive thoughts.
                Female 55

Comment

• Me too
                  "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
                  "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
                  "Moderation sucks." Suse
                  "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
                  "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Having your cervix pinched with some sort of grabber and the lining of your uterus scraped x 3 (for adequate sample amount) is not my recommendation for a reason to leave work early on a lovely sunny day . Yes, I survived, but it was a highly unpleasant experience. At least there was not excessive lining, which is a good thing, I'm told. Will be booked for a pelvic ultrasound just to be thorough, and followup visit in 5 weeks, which really means in reality, my appointment is in 11 weeks, which was the first available. Typical. She was wanting to discuss prescribing hormones if I felt my perimenopausal symptoms were bothersome enough, but was content with my wanting to research alternative methods for now. A lot of cramping during the procedure, a bit following, but not too bad, and of course, spotting from my traumatized internal lady bits. Glad I thought to take some ibuprofen before the appointment.

As for the knee, I went to the base clinic to have it looked at this morning. She said it's quite stable, so wasn't concerned that an MRI or further investigations are needed, unless it gets worse. Agreed that all the standing and beach walking probably started this up, as the standing for prolonged periods can give a huge axial load on the meniscus. I do have a physio referral to check things out, booked for right after I get back from Chicago in 2 weeks.

As a result of the afternoon's physical insult, I wasn't up for yardwork tonight. And it's rather warm too, 25C. I may get to that tomorrow when it's cooler. Other stuff needs my attention, like ordering son #1's grad photos, and filling out the forms for the grad dinner and safe grad night, as well as ordering flowers to send for mom and MIL for Mothers' Day. Told hubby I'll take my flowers after I get home, since I leave that morning, or I'll find myself some I really like .

Speaking of son #1, he is accepted to the university here, which is where he had decided to go. So will be living at home, can continue his job, and stay with his buddies. And it's only 10-15 min from our house. He's happy.
                    My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Ouch! Doesn't sound like fun at all

Thanks for the Grad Photo reminder, I totally forgot about that!

Congrats on Son#1's university acceptance!
                      "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
                      "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
                      "Moderation sucks." Suse
                      "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
                      "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Wow, makes the whole breast MRI thing sound fun!
                        Female 55

Comment

• Originally posted by Pedidoc View Post
                          Wow, makes the whole breast MRI thing sound fun!
                          Ha, having had one mammogram, I'm not sure I'd say that!! Noninvasive yes, but nasty regardless.
                          My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• All the girly tests are total crap. They just are. But it beats the alternative.

Comment

• Total crap, indeed.

This past week I've been using son #1's glutamine nightly, mixed in with my Natural Calm. My purpose was for minimizing muscle soreness after workouts, which it's very good for. Interestingly, I've noticed a definate decrease in sweet cravings. I've read about using glutamine specifically for this purpose (is even noted as one of the uses on the container), but never thought about it too much. "Food" for thought.
                              My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Don't recall what I ate for lunch yesterday, but the day included bone broth, something very primal for lunch, and then 2 pepperoni sticks and a chunk of havarti after the gyne experience. As a result I wasn't interested in dinner. I grilled some chicken breasts for the boys, and nibbled on maybe the amount of 2 tenders. Later less than 1/4 of a beef/lamb burger with tzatziki, and another slice of havarti. And a large glass of wine. The cramps demanded it.

Left work early for car servicing today, dropped the car off and walked the mile home, then walked back when it was ready. Managed to clean the kitchen, so laundry, clean a bathroom and sort some mail in the meantime. Was planning on getting started packing/prepping for next week's trip, but wasn't in the mood. There's always tomorrow . Hmm, didn't Annie sing that??

My beef bone broth that finished last night is my best ever. Grass fed bones with some meaty bits, a package of beef feet, onions, carrot, celery, black peppercorns, thyme and rosemary. Yummy.

Today's eats:
                                coffee
                                bone broth
                                L: (eaten at 1030 as I was hungry) radishes, grape tomatoes and grilled chicken breast dipped in tzatziki
                                pepperoni stick, few pecans
                                D: 2 fried eggs, bacon, leftover baked potatoes fried in duck fat, half a small avocado.
                                glass of wine.
                                My musings

The old stuff

Comment

Working...
                                X