Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Birthday! Nom nom!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Thanks ladies . The gluten free lemon cake was very good indeed. There's a small slice left for me for today. Nomnomnom. I included with the dinner the bacon wrapped smoked oysters from yesterday's MDA blog post. The bacon works extremely well with these. Well worth trying out.

Today I'm making progress on some household stuff. Cleaned and sorted/decluttered the family room, the clutter was mostly a bin full of my reading materials. Able to purge a bunch to the recycle bin. Cleaning floors, doing laundry. An exciting Sunday, hahaha.

Eats thus far have been coffee, 3 scrambled eggs with gouda and procuitto, some costco coconut. Am thinking hot wings plus a salad for dinner.

Woo hoo, only 2 days of work for me this week, a day to get the boys sorted out, then fly east on Thursday. I'm really looking forward to the visit, our friends moved a year ago, haven't had the chance to see them since. Even more awesome is that this is the couple who also started Primal the year we did, after we started sharing what was working for us.
      My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Gym today was quite decent.

assisted pullups 3 sets of 5
        deadlifts 95 x 5, 115 x 5 for 2 sets, 135 x 5 for 3 sets
        OHP 45 x 5, 50 x 5, 55 x 5 for 3 sets
        bench press 45 x 5, 65 x 5 for 2 sets, 75 x 5 for 3 sets.
        planks front x 70 sec, sides on hand & feet (rather than elbow) 45 sec per side
        elliptical x 15 min, treadmill x 15 min.

Eats:
        black coffee
        bone broth
        L: gouda, havarti, brie, procuitto, a sweet potato
        milk chocolate caramels
        few pecans
        D: baked potato with butter & wild garlic sea salt, grilled pork sirloin, steamed broccoli

I think it's time to cut my hair. I've spent the last 3 years growing it out, and it's now the longest I've ever had, even from childhood. Bangs grown out as well, and the length is down to the bra strap in back. It's great in some ways, since it makes it easy to pin up for work, which of course, in uniform, needs to be neat and tidy, so no loose bun, extra clips or that sort of thing. Now it's getting rather heavy when up, plus all these crazy new hairs (I originally thought it was breakage, but definitely is not that) frizzing up all over make it not so tidy. When I'm not in uniform, I tend to just put it in a pony tail or loosely up, as it's a pain to deal with down. Plus when down, it tangles something fierce.

I have an appointment with my stylist tomorrow evening, and am going for a change. At the very least, I'll get some bangs. Not sure if I'm quite ready to cut it off to above the shoulders. Unless he can convince me otherwise. I won't do a mid way length, as it either has to be long enough to pin up easily and neatly, or short enough to wear down in uniform (not below the bottom of the collar). I've had it really short many times in the past, including very cropped just before growing it out.

Decisions, decisions. Ah yes, first world problems. Can you tell I've been mulling this over for a while?

Edit: I should add that the avatar photo is from May 2010, early in the starting to grow out phase.
        Last edited by Greensprout; 03-25-2013, 08:19 PM.
        My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• We'll need photos!!
          "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
          "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
          "Moderation sucks." Suse
          "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
          "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• ^x2. Can't make decision without pics!
            Female 55
            Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
            Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• I spend way too much time thinking about my hair. I'm with you on the either long enough to easily and neatly wear up or really short. Mid lengths are just too much maintenance for me, although they can be very flattering. I have a lot of those most-welcome-new-hairs also, and I am trying to go without dye, letting it go gray. Harumph. I might get it all cut off very short at the end of the summer to facilitate this, but it is just too easy to pony it or pin right now, especially with swimming. I have discovered, somewhat to my surprise, that many men really like ponytails. On women, I mean. Go figure.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Okay, I made some change. Colour and highlights are brightened up and a few shades lighter for the upcoming spring (I think it's coming sometime soon) and greys covered. Chopped off about 6 or probably more like 8 inches of hair and now have bangs. Yes, ladies, I'll aim to put up a photo tomorrow. Feels ridiculously light with all that length taken off. Stylist agreed the baby hairs are new growth all over, not breakage, aside from a bit from putting the length up daily. It's now around shoulder length. Anyway, I like it.

Gym today was a 4.3 mile very brisk treadmill walk.

Ha, I decided to eat potatoes today. Strangely satisfying, and minimal cravings for bad chocolate.

Eats:
                black coffee
                830: smallish baked potato with acv & wild garlic sea salt
                green tea
                100: 2 baked potatoes with a bit of bone broth, bone broth
                5pm: pepperoni stick, one slice of bacon, 7 chicken wing drumettes, 4 pecans
                probably will have another nibble in a bit. vodka soda with lime.

Day off tomorrow to get stuff prepped for the boys while we're away. Aiming for a visit to the gym as well, laundry, packing, and precooking stuff after stocking up on teenager easy foods.
                My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• the new look
                  Attached Files
                  My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Great! It must have been really long to still be so long without 8 inches of length. The color looks wonderful, rich and soft.

Comment

• Gym time:

assisted pullups 6, 5, 5
                      squats 45 x 8, 95 x 8 for 2 sets, 115 x 5 for 2 sets, 125 x 5 for 2 sets
                      OHP dumbbells 40 x 5, 50 x 5 for 4 sets
                      bench press 45 x 6, 65 x 5, 75 x 5 for 2 sets, 80 x 5 for 2 sets
                      planks front x 60 sec, sides on hand & feet x 30 sec, front moving elbows to hands then down x 10, then 45 sec on elbows
                      treadmill walk x 30 min

Ran into son #1's buddies there, mine didn't go today as he claims he's too sore from yesterdays heavy lifting.

Need to start packing for the early flight tomorrow! After dinner.
                      My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Hi GS,
                        Love the hair! So pretty on you. Have fun in Nova Scotia! Loved it when we were there a few years ago. Some of my favorite vacation spots are in Canada.

Sounds like LHT is going well and your food sounds as awesome as ever. Have a great trip!

Comment

• Thanks, Siobhan, and nice to "see" you back, BJD.

The hair feels sooo short, but still goes easily into a pony. Big change. Might keep it around this length till after summer, then go shorter. Always an option. Ponytail is a good idea for summer, rather than having to style every day in the heat.

Pretty much packed, burgers and chicken cooked for the boys for a few days worth (6 chicken breasts and 14 hand made grilled burgers). They should be set as far as food goes. This will be the longest we've left them without direct supervision. With one nearly 18 and the other not far behind, they should be able to manage fine and not do anything too stupid while we're gone. Am hoping so, anyway. Gotta happen at some point.

Looking very much forward to the trip. I haven't been back to Nova Scotia since we moved from there in 1997. Lived in Halifax for 6 years in my 20s, and both kids were born there. We're going to Liverpool, an hour and a bit from the city down the East coast. Friends bought a huge heritage house for retirement, no downsizing there!! Bathing suit packed for the hot tub, and am expecting a large amount of fantastic foods (think awesomely fresh seafood!) and drink. Probably an overabundance of the latter. And there are hikes planned for the daytimes, which is cool. Hopefully not too chilly for the VFFs, as that's what I'm planning on using.

Eats:
                          coffee
                          2 small baked potatoes with acv and wild garlic sea salt
                          pepperoni stick, handful of pecans
                          D: large spinach salad with fresh made primal ranch dressing, 2 small burgers topped with gouda & ranch.
                          rum & zevia.

I wanted to make a banana chocolate mug cake, but I'm still full from dinner, so alas, it will have to wait.

Up early tomorrow, I think the cab is coming at 7am, then over 5 hours of flying with an hour stop in Toronto. Must remember to leave out the boy's Easter chocolate before we leave. Just a few small bits. When we asked them if they minded if we were away for Easter, they said "no problem, just leave chocolate"...
                          My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Love the hair!
                            Have a great time in NS.

How much did you pack

Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
                            When we asked them if they minded if we were away for Easter, they said "no problem, just leave chocolate"...
                            Hahahaha!!
                            "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
                            "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
                            "Moderation sucks." Suse
                            "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
                            "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• I'm back!

A completely fantastic few days in Nova Scotia. Lots of great primal foods (though an overabundance of them), walks on the beach, touring the area, very late nights, and copious quantities of adult beverage, sunshine in abundance, and evenings in the hot tub. Toured 3 local wineries and consumed foraged liquids.

The boys seem to have managed well. The house is reasonably tidy, most of the chore list accomplished, and the foods I left were well utilized. Car seems unscathed, nothing suspicious or out of the ordinary located. Maybe they're starting to get it?? And son #1 handed over last paycheques so his car loan from us is now paid in full. Nice. Son #2 had second interview at son #1's restaurant, and should hear back soon. Keeping fingers crossed.

Pretty tired tonight, full report to follow. Glad we took tomorrow off too to get sorted out before heading back to work on Wed.
                              My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Glad you are back and the home is still standing!
                                Female 55
                                Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
                                Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

Working...
                                X