No announcement yet.

Primal Journal **Greensprout**

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A busy evening. Went with son #1 to buy his grad suit that he tried on last week, he looks pretty damn good in it, even before tailoring. And he knows it, . Is getting it a touch large and waiting to tailor for a couple of months as he expects to gain more muscle in the gym prepping for rugby season, and wants to make sure it has enough room. Smart move.

Drove son #2's girlfriend home across the city (well, he drove and I supervised) and then back. Of course, during all this, my pager went off, and I had a bunch of emails and phone calls with that needed urgent attention, but all is settled for tonight, which is good. I thought at one point that I'd have to go into the office and do a few hours worth of work. Whew.

A good fasted workout today. I was able to decrease the assisted pullup weight, plus go up on both deadlifts and bench press. I tried the barbell rather than dumbells for OHP for the first time, and the same 50 lbs felt easier to move. Think I may have to stick with that. Son #1 "approves" of my progress and seems pleased. It's funny, in the small work gym, I'm noticing that from the other regulars, I seem to be getting looks of "oh, she knows what she's doing" lately. Heheheh. Not many people at all have I seen deadlifting, and definitely no other women.

Assisted pullups 3 sets of 5
    Deadlifts 95 x 5, 115 x 5, 125 x 5, 130 x 5 for 2 sets
    OHP 45 x 5, 50 x 5 for 4 sets
    Bench press 45 x 5, 65 x 5, 75 x 5 for 2 sets, 80 x 5 (used a spotter for the last set to make sure I could rack it)
    planks front x 90 sec, sides x 60 sec.

Eats:
    coffee
    green tea
    L: steak and sweet potato (most excellent post workout)
    D: 2 small beef burgers topped with aged cheddar, roasted red peppers and avocado, a spinach salad with the ranch dressing from Mark's sauces cookbook. It's really good
    some costco coconut. About 1/4 to 1/3 of the bag remains.
    Winding down with a martini after the evening's business.
    My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Primalcon, again?
      Nice!

Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
      It's funny, in the small work gym, I'm noticing that from the other regulars, I seem to be getting looks of "oh, she knows what she's doing" lately. Heheheh. Not many people at all have I seen deadlifting, and definitely no other women.
      "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
      "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
      "Moderation sucks." Suse
      "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
      "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Okay, getting seriously inspired!
        My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Originally posted by Siobhan View Post
          Okay, getting seriously inspired!
          Didn't you say a while back there is a weight room where you swim (the Y, I believe)? You should check it out. Lift a bit, then swim or float about for a while.

Under 7 hours of sleep last night, but felt pretty decent today. Today's noon workout was a very brisk incline treadmill walk (4.2 mph) for just over 4 miles. Legs felt good after yesterday's lifts, but damn heavy tonight after the walk. And the bum too. Probably a good thing that I've added in a few extra starchy carbs this week. I think it's helping in the lifting and recovery. And the potatoes/sweet potatoes aren't leading to wanting more, they are very satisfying. I'll keep this up and see where it goes.

Eats:
          black coffee
          green tea
          L: liver sausage and cream cheese on celery, bone broth, 2 tiny clementines.
          fruity herbal tea for a brief sweet craving mid afternoon
          last of the coconut stuff from costco. The bag lasted 5 days.
          D: 1 1/2 small burger patties on a bed of wilted spinach topped with 2 over easy eggs, some fried potato in ghee
          bottle of kombucha

Son #2 has attempt #3 on his driver's road test tomorrow. Hope 3rd time is lucky, which is how long it took son #1.
          Last edited by Greensprout; 02-27-2013, 02:42 PM. Reason: forgot to add the potatoes at supper
          My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• University and Surfer Sons both needed 3 tries. Daughter did it on her 1st.
            "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
            "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
            "Moderation sucks." Suse
            "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Son #2 passed his road test!! So of course, he has already asked to borrow my car tonight to play ball at the Y and visit his girlfriend. I'm very pleased for him, and for me as I won't have to continue to play taxi driver, but on the other hand, not so pleased that I have to share my car once again. Can't win

Good fasted LHT session:
              Assisted pullups 3 sets of 5, assisted chinups 1 set of 5
              Squats 95 x 5, 105 x 5, 115 x 5 for 3 sets
              OHP 45 x 5, 50 x 5 for 3 sets, 55 x 5
              Bench press 65 x 5, 75 x 5 for 2 sets, 80 x 5 for 2 sets.
              Planks front x 90 sec, sides x 45 sec.
              Mile and a bit treadmill walk.

Was NOT happy to see that hubby took my last half a cooked sweet potato this morning, it was intended for my post workout lunch. Even more so, since I had mentioned last night that of the 4 sweet tatos I had baked on the weekend, I had only had 1/2 and he ate my other one (his 3rd). He didn't see the big deal "you think I was counting?" And yet he took the last 1/2 of my remaining one. I nearly sent a snarky email about it this morning, but decided that was probably not a good idea, though it would have made me feel better, he would just be annoyed. Whatever.
              My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• My car is out for the evening with son #2. Feels weird. Reminded him of all the rules/expectations, and so on. He was very pleased to be able to finally go out on his own with wheels.

Eats:
                black coffee
                green tea
                L: last of the liver sausage with cream cheese on celery, bone broth, 2 tiny clementines
                2 squares Lindt 85% dark chocolate
                4 almonds
                D: grilled pork sirloin, roasted sweet potato cubes tossed with coconut oil/cinnamon/cayenne, buttered broccoli, spoonful of rice

Hubby brought me home a wildberry pear cider, could that be trying to make amends for the sweet potato? Ha. I might have that later.

7 1/2 hours of sleep last night, aiming for same or better today.
                My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Congrats? for Son #2

I HATE having to share my wheels!
                  Right now, we are lucky. 4 Drivers, 4 sets of wheels.
                  That will end in May when University Son reclaims his wheels
                  "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Congrats on the driving test!!!! Big deal. Yup, I'd be pissed about the 1/2 yam, too.
                    Female 55
                    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
                    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• He owes you a sweet potato. At least one. I love pear cider, though. I would probably trade a sweet potato for a cider.
                      My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• The pear cider was actually too sweet, I drank it, but won't be buying that brand again. I prefer very dry apple cider. Found one on tap in Vegas that was VERY dry, and amazing. Of course, I didn't take note of the name. I think it was British.

7ish ours of sleep. Bah. Didn't make the gym today, had a long phone call before lunch then a conference call at 1, and though I could have gone at the end of the workday, it wasn't in me. Wasn't a lifting day, so no big deal. I can always go walk or yoga on the weekend, and still get in 5 workout days for the week.

I did something today I've been debating about for the past 2 years, but never took action on. I registered for a rec ultimate frisbee league for spring. One game a week from end of April until the end of June. I really need to put something in the "play" category of the PB laws, and this should be a good start. If I like it, I can sign up for summer too. I signed up as a "rookie", so should be just fun and no pressure, at least I'm hoping! And I bought a groupon for a half price hour long massage. Haven't had a massage in over a year, long overdue. Especially with the tight hips and now post lifting muscle soreness here and there.

Eats:
                        black coffee
                        chunk of cheese
                        bone broth
                        L: sweet potato cubes, a burger pattie, small avocado, square of 85% lindt with a dab of coconut oil & sea salt
                        peanut butter cups. WTF? almonds. Was feeling very nibbly, though not particularly hungry
                        D: leftover pork sirloin, brussel sprouts crispy roasted in bacon fat
                        rum & zevia
                        My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
                          I did something today I've been debating about for the past 2 years, but never took action on. I registered for a rec ultimate frisbee league for spring. One game a week from end of April until the end of June. I really need to put something in the "play" category of the PB laws, and this should be a good start.
                          2 years?
                          About time
                          "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Originally posted by winencandy View Post
                            2 years?
                            About time
                            Um, yeah. I'm damn good at procrastination.

It's a bit outside my comfort zone to join an organized group thing, but this could be good. I used to use the excuse that it would interfere with the kids activities and family needs, but at this point, that is truly an excuse and not a valid one. It would be scheduled mom activity time, thus non negotiable, aside from work stuff or work travel. I'm hoping it's a lot of fun.
                            My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Today's LHT:

assisted pullups x 5 for 3 sets
                              bench press 65 x 5, 75 x 5 for 2 sets, 80 x 5 for 2 sets
                              deadlifts 95 x 5, 115 x 5, 125 x 5 for 2 sets, 130 x 5 for 2 sets
                              OHP 45 x 5, 50 x 5 for 2 sets, 55 x 5 for 2 sets
                              planks front x 120 sec, sides x 60 sec.

Whew. Yay for Fridays.
                              My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Wow!
                                You rock!!
                                "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

Working...
                                X