Primal Journal **Greensprout**

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
    I told hubby about the EAT MORE TATERS idea. Funnily enough, he's in. He was already thinking about going back to W30 guidelines during the week anyway.

So I think we're both in for taters from Sunday until dinner next Friday.
    Funny - I was reading the taters thread last night and reading out random bits and pieces to Pete, he started off all "that's ridiculous!" But by the end he was all "I'm going to do that!" He's even doing it without me!?
    My Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Suse View Post
      ha, i love the vegans inhaling porterhouse!!!!
      Me too!!
      My Journal

Comment

• I'll have a few more photos tomorrow, too tired tonight

If until a few walnuts at 6pm, followed by a hard cider, then dinner with wine at 8. I had a good sized ribeye, but had to stop with about 1/3 left, just was done. Odd, after an IF day. Hubby ate all of his, plus included a potato, I chose to save my tato experience until we start the experiment on Sunday. Dinner was said ribeye, grilled asparagus, sauteed peppers and mushrooms, plus wine. I had a small bit of ice cream, but it was rather ho hum. Didn't leave me interested for more, but I did slide in a spoonful of nutella, that's not so great, really, it's just because it was there as the boys wanted it.

Tomorrow is the second last week for the farmers' market for the season. Sigh.
        My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• I'm sneezing constantly, runny nose, gummy throat, and general fuzziness feeling. Blarg. More Vit D and C.

The market today yielded a huge load of potatoes. I feel like I'm doing something sneaky, having mostly avoided them for so long. I figured I'd need a lot, if both of us are doing this for 6 days. Thinking perhaps 5 lbs between the two of us daily, so 30ish lbs? Have a 20 lb bag of white, plus a 4 L pail each of red, gold and blue/purple. Plus there are a couple of red in the pantry. We should be good to go.

My favourite local bulk food store is having a sale on coffee & tea products. I picked up a lovely bright red teapot with infuser for loose tea. I asked if they've ever heard of Crio Bru, the owners haven't, but asked me to email him with the info (there's a website with Canadian online distribution). This store often brings in new products that customers are looking for, so this could result in them getting some in locally. Nice.

I felt a need to pick up some chocolate, since it's tato only as of tomorrow. 4 dark chocolate pecans, a small bit (like less than 1/4 cup of dark chocolate raisins) for later.

Eats:
          black coffee
          leftover steak & mushrooms with 2 soft boiled eggs
          few madacamia nuts
          a hard cider.
          Dinner will be scallops, salad, and baba ganoush for dipping cucumber/celery in. I'd roasted the eggplant a few days ago and never got around to the ganoush. Figured I'd better do it today in order to have the chance to have some! Son #1 will finish the rest off this week, I'm sure.
          My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• I also love the billboard!

You two make a very cute couple

Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
            I told hubby about the EAT MORE TATERS idea. Funnily enough, he's in. He was already thinking about going back to W30 guidelines during the week anyway.

So I think we're both in for taters from Sunday until dinner next Friday.
            Good luck! I hope it works better for you than it did for me!

Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
            My favourite local bulk food store is having a sale on coffee & tea products. I picked up a lovely bright red teapot with infuser for loose tea. I asked if they've ever heard of Crio Bru, the owners haven't, but asked me to email him with the info (there's a website with Canadian online distribution). This store often brings in new products that customers are looking for, so this could result in them getting some in locally. Nice.
            I checked their website. $14 shipping and handling for a $14 bag! eek!
            "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
            "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
            "Moderation sucks." Suse
            "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
            "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• More vacation pics.

At Gordon Ramsay Steak.
              Vegas 2012 138.jpg

Bone marrow accompaniment to steak
              Vegas 2012 136.jpg

Fois gras minus crostini
              Vegas 2012 133.jpg

Pork belly appetizer
              Vegas 2012 130.jpg

Champagne brunch at the Wynn
              Vegas 2012 035.jpg
              My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• The food (and you) look great!! That bone marrow pic made my mouth water.
                My Journal

Comment

• We found the Heart Attack Grill...
                  Vegas 2012 178.jpg

Some of the menu
                  Vegas 2012 182.jpg

Should I apply?
                  Vegas 2012 177.jpg
                  My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Roast suckling pig at the dinner buffet at the Wicked Spoon at Cosmopolitan
                    Vegas 2012 212.jpg

My attempt at the Euro look
                    Vegas 2012 223.jpg

Home for Thanksgiving dinner. Note the turkey leg in the hand of son #1
                    Vegas 2012 225.jpg
                    My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Apply please, you are definitely looking hot! . My 4 fight over who's turn it is to get the leg.
                      Female 55
                      Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
                      Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• ah vegas. good memories. looks cool. And you are looking great!

Comment

• Thanks, ladies . It really was an excellent trip.

I'm officially on the potato bandwagon. I've had something like 2.5 lbs today. (my decent kitchen scale needs a new battery, and every place I looked today is out of that particular one, so am using the cheap old marginally accurate one).

For brunch, I shredded a bunch in the food processor, and dry fried for latkes. They were very good topped with vinegar and wild garlic himalayan sea salt. The downside is that they're time consuming to prepare and even more so to cook. Especially since I'm making them for both of us. Probably close to 1 lb for this meal each.

Dinner was baked purple and a few red potatoes, with primal ketchup made from the recipe in the PB cookbook. I omitted the honey/maple syrup, and didn't have any cloves. It's very tangy, but pretty tasty. 1 1/2 lbs for dinner. The purple tatoes were okay, but the flesh a bit mealy, so I preferred the red.

I plugged in the numbers, and it looks like around 900 calories. I'm stuffed at the moment, an hour past dinner. To be frank, if I get peckish later, I'm not sure I'd be interested in another potato tonight. We'll see. Tomorrow I'll mash some up with bone broth and seasonings for dinner. Leftover baked ones for lunch and breakfast I suppose. This could get pretty boring pretty fast, I wonder if my opinion will change if I start to see results .

I should probably take the TV off of the Food Network channel .
                          My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• I'm feeling sort of hungry, but not really, if that makes any sense. I cooked some chicken for the boys, and it looked VERY good. But I'm not hungry enough to eat another potato at the moment.

Also feeling somewhat bloated. I think I read some others found the same thing, yet felt sorted out and tighter by morning. Of course, I've also had a bunch of rooibos tea tonight. My mouth is dry, though I've had lots of liquids today. I think maybe I had a bit much vinegar and vinegary ketchup (though that was only 2 tsps).

Looking forward to seeing what tomorrow brings.
                            My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
                              Looking forward to seeing what tomorrow brings.
                              Me too! I started the great tater experiment today.
                              My Journal

Comment

• Let's hope it's positive for the both of us
                                My musings

The old stuff

Comment

Working...
                                X