No announcement yet.

Kymma, Kisses are my only sugar - Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tonight and tomorrow are the last performances, and while I may have some nostalgia when it is over, right now, I can't wait! I have so many things that have been put on the back burner and I am ready to get to them! Exercise, some writing, some reading, resting, time with friends and family. I was actually thinking this morning about how I know this isn't my path, not that I can't do some acting time and again, in the right situation, but when an activity feels like it takes more from your life, rather than gives you more, then it is not a passion. It is still good, but in this case, good is the enemy of great. So I am excited to spend the next few months really delving into what is great and gives to my life!

The diet is going fine, but the lack of time and convenience food for this WOE has me tired. Like this morning, I am out of avocado, coconut milk, so I made a spinach, 1/3 c HWC, cocoa powder, stevia smoothie, which is delicious, but not nutrient packed like I would prefer. I can't wait to shop, cook from scratch, plan meals for a week at a time, and start tweaking these macros.

TMI ALERT, I also don't go to the bathroom enough. I never really have been regular. I can't decide if my body is actually using the nutrients and creating less waste, or what. Need to do some more research and get that magnesium in daily. Started back on my adrenal fatigue fighter supplement today, because I am wiped from work and play practice. Also started Vitex, to try to get regular again. Since stopping the pill last February, I had that first period, then 6 months nothing until August, 2nd period in October (2 months), 3rd period in November (about 40 days), and nothing since. I got tested and they did not mention peri-menopause, just insulin resistance. I think with diet and supplementation I can get all balanced out again. I would love to take off at least another 30, then get preggo. I also would like to get fit, my movement level is almost non-existent, but we start BurstFit with that darling cutie Dr. Axe (DVD) on Monday no matter what! I also am going to go to a meditation group on Tuesday at a real Buddhist Temple, and start my yoga DVD and going to at least one yoga class a week. All of this stuff is what has been on the back burner.

I had a win last night. I have mentioned my struggle against my moving addictions, and cigarettes. I am very stressed at work and yesterday left me wanting to smoke. I have had a pack in my car for over 2 weeks that I smoked one or two out of, you know, because I don't smoke all the time, just crave them as a psychotic "treat". I am almost to 2 weeks no smoking, THIS SUNDAY. So I got some stress and tension relief tea and had that instead. I did not smoke. Got to celebrate all the victories you can. Not that I won't ever smoke again, but breaking bonds of that that binds you, whether it is binging, sugar, smoking, etc. feels soooooo good!
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread70684.html

Comment

• Great Job on the smoking, girl. I smoked for 20 years and the once in a while for another five. 8 yrs clean now. Still miss it sometimes.

I get what you are saying about the play. I have terrible withdrawal for the first week following closing.
      Primal since 9/24/2010
      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I mindfully went off plan today for some dim sum. It was worth it, although I can feel its effects. Being mindful is truly my new mantra!

Comment

• Tomorrow I get to go to the grocery store and stock up for the week with things to cook! Nondairy creamer supplies, fresh veggies, going to make some oopsie rolls this week! I think I may make some homemade mayo even. Damn, I am so excited to dig in and adjust these macros and exercise and relax with my hubs!

Oh yeah, he took a job, a DAY jod delivering appliances with a good friend. Better, stable money, nights together, a much better bridge job while he finishes his degree and works on starting an HR career. I haven't really let myself celebrate yet, I will once the transition happens.

Comment

• Sounds like you have a good week coming up. Glad to read your excitement. Nice to see hubby moving in the right direction. I am sure that is a load off your mind.

Comment

• Kymma --- wow!!! Lots of good things on the horizon for you! And yeah for hubby getting a day job! Sounds like you have it all in perspective and under control

Awesome on the yoga too - I keep wanting to do that - but its the "GOING" to a class that stops me. I have DVD's - yoga, belly dancing, Tae Bo ................ I think a class would be so much more fun than doing it alone in my living room!!! But I can't get motivated about having to GO somewhere. I'm a home-body!
              1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
              2. Eat to heal
              3. Move to live
              4. Embrace today
              5. Live with intention
              6. Respect my body
              7. Cultivate joy
              8. Find my passion
              9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• So, yesterday, I went off plan again, made the decision, and am not having guilt, just a little ill digestive effect. Ate dim sum, little noodles, buns, steamed rice, the had seafood nachos after the play. Up before 8 with a sore tummy and 2 lbs of inflammation. I post this as a reminder to myself of how bad I used to feel EVERY day!

We are goings to the store this morning and I am determined. Wonder Paula, my new nickname for pebbles, has inspired me to get my act in gear. I can and will continue to do this and get to know how my body runs optimally.

I am so glad to have all of you in my life!

I will journal about the play And post a pic of myself in costume soon. I also plan to take a 30 down pic as soon as I get to 220. Perspective and celebrating the process and all.

Comment

• Oh the dread post busy season illness may have arrived. Got congestion so I am having some kill everything tea.

Back on plan today, had some cheese dip and pork rinds, omg! I will begin tracking on MFP tomorrow. I hope this tea kicks this congestions ass.

Comment

• Awww Kymma, Thanks. I like being an inspiration rather than the example that I have been the last year and a half. At least I always try, try again. You and I are very much alike physically, so hopefully the EMF plan will kick in for you too.
                    Primal since 9/24/2010
                    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• It really has, I am hovering about 10-12 down. It is me that needs to kick in! I am ready for the week though, food bought, creamer made, attitude in place. Ready to kick this week's ass! I feel so much better and stronger.

Comment

• Today is a new day! My off plan day led to a 3 lb increase this morning, which we all know is inflammation, but for posterity, I am counting it.

I also will remind myself that such dalliances cost a 3-5 lb gain, and create fatigue. Reminder, reminders! I am still thinking of getting a bracelet I never take off. Thinking of this one Pura Vida Bracelets Platinum Black, it's cute, will match everything and is waterproof.

Really feeling low today. Hope the kill everything tea and some good rest tonight will help pep me back up. Learning MFP, switching from spark, so I can connect with my EMF Wonder Women!

Here's to a great week!

Comment

• Came home early fromwork feeling craptastic. Took a 4 hour nap, still feel, we'll, uncomfortable. 2:30am and I am going to take a hot bath to see if I can get some relief. I have had a to of tea, but the aches haven't left. No fever, so we'll see what 6:45am brings.

Comment

• So sorry you're feeling so bad! Sometimes it just takes time - and we have to endure while our body rids itself of the nasty invaders! Just be kind to yourself while you're on the mend - and be SURE to eat clean and healthy cuz that alone will do great things to getting you back to a healthy state! {hugs}
                            1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                            2. Eat to heal
                            3. Move to live
                            4. Embrace today
                            5. Live with intention
                            6. Respect my body
                            7. Cultivate joy
                            8. Find my passion
                            9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• I am better today! A wee bit stressed (could it be my irregular Aunt Flo coming for a visit? Sure do miss her! lol), could be many things.

Loved using MFP today, I think I was just cranky and emotional due to not being in tip top condition.

Comment

• Glad you're on the mend. I'm hopefully getting there myself soon.
                                Georgette

Comment

Working...
                                X