Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Primal Journal -- crunchyleaves

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Primal Journal -- crunchyleaves

    Hi
    Last edited by crunchyleaves; 01-28-2013, 11:35 AM.

  • #2
    A few other things I am hoping to work on-
    -clearer skin
    -hoping my hair won't fall out so freaking much
    -TMI, but I would love to be more "regular"
    -less bloating and stomach grossness
    -not having swollen fingers (I love when my fingers are thin, I will paint my nails all the time)

    Comment


    • #3
      Woke up this morning and weighed myself. Have gained soooo much weight this last little bit since eating has been on a major major skid. Ugh. I am 5'7.5'' and was 154.9 this morning. My goal weight is between 130-135 but really I just want to be leaner. Number not as important to me.

      Going to try and fast today to make up for the crappiness lately. I would love to hear about other peoples' fasting routines, if there is such a thing. Also what is the general concensus here about distance running? I know chronic cardio is generally a bad thing, but if I eat properly while doing so, does that make it better? Any input would be great, thanks!! Have a good Saturday!!

      Comment


      • #4
        Well no fasting today. Eating a salad with greens, chicken, peppers, onions, sunflower seeds, and berries. So far so good.

        Giving up beer is going to be pretty tough for me-I love beer. Maybe start drinking wine when out socially.

        And did yoga this morning for the first time since July!!! Was pretty tiring and I doubt I will feel it tomorrow. Going to go for a walk now, it's like 65 degrees

        Comment


        • #5
          Should say no doubt I will feel the yoga tomorrow.....whoops

          Comment


          • #6
            Ugh I am actually feeling sad at the thought of cutting out so much from my diet. But I know I will feel better in literally every way, right???? Freaking ridiculous. I need to tattoo "it's worth it" on both wrists or something

            Comment


            • #7
              Yep definitely need that tattoo or something. This is reaaaallllyyyyy not going to be easy for me ate crappily tonight. Will start with yoga tomorrow again and have a better day of eating.

              Comment


              • #8
                like this.
                Last edited by crunchyleaves; 01-28-2013, 11:40 AM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Ok well I have had a shitty night of eating. Tomorrow needs to be better.

                  I have 65 days until the end of interviews, and by then boards will be done for me. So for the next 65 days I really need to buckle down, study, and take care of myself the absolute best I can. Otherwise I'll really regret it.

                  General guidelines for the next 65 days:
                  1. Eat meat, fish, eggs, veg, fruit, nuts almost exclusively. I can bend the rule in social situations where it would be too awkward.
                  2. Yoga and stretching daily
                  3. 20 pushups daily
                  4. Walk or run 5 days a week
                  5. Don't waste time online (except for this.....haha)
                  6. STUDY damn it

                  Already deactivated facebook, go me!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by crunchyleaves View Post
                    Ok well I have had a shitty night of eating. Tomorrow needs to be better.

                    I have 65 days until the end of interviews, and by then boards will be done for me. So for the next 65 days I really need to buckle down, study, and take care of myself the absolute best I can. Otherwise I'll really regret it.

                    General guidelines for the next 65 days:
                    1. Eat meat, fish, eggs, veg, fruit, nuts almost exclusively. I can bend the rule in social situations where it would be too awkward.
                    2. Yoga and stretching daily
                    3. 20 pushups daily
                    4. Walk or run 5 days a week
                    5. Don't waste time online (except for this.....haha)
                    6. STUDY damn it

                    Already deactivated facebook, go me!
                    Hi Crunchyleaves, it seems to me that you are really hard on yourself. You have a lot going on, much stress and you are such a high achiever. I do believe that most of the other areas in your life will become easier to cope with when you get established in a healthy lifestyle, but it is a journey that does not have to happen all at once.

                    I would suggest you focus on your #1 goal - it is an excellent place to start. Your healthy meals will fuel your study. Number 2a, 2b &3 - maybe choose just one of these for now. Leave #4 altogether. #5 is a negative, not a goal and #6 is important but that really is no way to talk to yourself.

                    Now, what are you going to eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner tomorrow? The options are endless and delicious, you probably want simple (for now) but they should be good enough to look forward to, not be pining for the items that are offlimits.
                    Last edited by Annieh; 11-10-2012, 08:49 PM.
                    Annie Ups the Ante
                    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by crunchyleaves View Post
                      A few other things I am hoping to work on-
                      -clearer skin
                      -hoping my hair won't fall out so freaking much
                      -TMI, but I would love to be more "regular"
                      -less bloating and stomach grossness
                      -not having swollen fingers (I love when my fingers are thin, I will paint my nails all the time)
                      You don't need to "work on" these things, they will be a natural outcome of your healthy eating and living.
                      Annie Ups the Ante
                      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by crunchyleaves View Post

                        Going to try and fast today to make up for the crappiness lately. I would love to hear about other peoples' fasting routines, if there is such a thing. Also what is the general concensus here about distance running? I know chronic cardio is generally a bad thing, but if I eat properly while doing so, does that make it better? Any input would be great, thanks!! Have a good Saturday!!
                        Fasting cannot compensate for poor nutrition. Good nutrition can.
                        Good nutrition cannot compensate for overexercise. Adequate rest and sleep can.
                        Annie Ups the Ante
                        http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          crunchyyyyyyyyyyyy

                          you can do itttttt! woooooo!

                          stock up on foods that match what you're crapping out on. sweet foods? get some fruit. salty foods? get jerky or something equally salty

                          and be gentle on yourself, you got a lot going on
                          beautiful
                          yeah you are

                          Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                          lol

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Hey hey, thank you so much Annieh and bloodorchid for your comments. I really appreciate it!! I will be gentle on myself. Most likely being gentle on myself means, in part, eating really well, right?????

                            Got lots of sleep last night. Did yoga and stretched this morning however finished the rest of the junk from yesterday. Soooo seeing as I have no food, will go grocery shopping today for lots of healthy foods. And study.

                            My arms are sore today and I love it. Hopefully can go for a walk today, the weather is great here.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Soooo I have been reading other people's journals quite a bit this weekend. And they make me realize I need to be HAPPY for my health, relationships, school/potential future job. I honestly think that some of my self sabotaging behaviors comes from feelings of guilt for having a rosy life. Annoying. Time to relax and be happy about all that I have.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X