• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primal April for tooround

Is this a good place to put this?

Sounds good to me

Comment

I'm so excited about the possibilities in April!

I consider March to have been a huge success!

In April, I intend to eat right and exercise regularly.

There are a few areas of my diet that I'd like to clean up. Too much diet coke. Too much dairy. And I'd like to explore more primal sources for foods ... local, organic ...

Exercise ... now that's my weak area. I should do sprints one day and weights the next. Walking almost every day is a given. If I miss one day of my scheduel, it can only be one day. Not a 2 1/2 week "oops, it's been a while since I exercised".

I see no reason why I can't dip under my red-line weight of 125 lbs this month!

Comment

What a wonderful way to begin a challenge!

I slept well over 7 hours and woke to a bright shining sun!

Comment

Ahhhh wonderful sleep : )

You'll feel soooooooooooooooo much better when you totally kick the diet coke!

Glad you're in on the challenge!!!

Comment

Only two diet cokes today!
            Coffee with cream
            scrambled eggs with olive oil, coconut oil and ground beef/pork
            several boiled eggs with cream cheese
            tomato, cucumber, broccoli, cauliflower, almonds, shrimp. ground pork/beef, feta, greek dressing
            too much beer
            lots of walking

Comment

boiled eggs w/cream cheese? Please do explain. 2 things I love but... how do you eat them together?
              Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Comment

LOL! I just slather it on!

An egg with a dollop of butter ... an egg with a dollop of cream cheese ... I love eggs.

Comment

haha ok! :-D
                  Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Comment

We had a most fabulous day!
                    Our 20 month old granddaughter got out of the car and ran to me with her arms outstretched. She calls me Nanny all the time now and talks about me when I'm not around. I am in Heaven! Being the grandma of a little person who loves me so innocently and without restraint ... is the best feeling!

My husband cooked today ... outside! It was over 80 degrees here!
                    Deep fried turkey and fish. Smoked and crock potted ribs.
                    We fed 14 very satisfied kinfolk.

Cream in my coffee and a hard boiled egg
                    Communion
                    Real mozzerella
                    Greek salad, deep fried turkey, ribs, deep fried fish, a few french fries
                    Diet coke and beer
                    This was probably the least primal day I've had in almost a month but it was so amazing!

My exercise was all play!

Comment

I so wanted to go for a walk in this gloriously warm weather but it's so freakin' windy. I had a nap ... which changed nothing about the weather so I guess I'll hop on the elliptical.

I'd really love to get at some gardening.

Comment

It's REALLY windy here too - and COLD today for some reason. It's supposed to be gloomy and cold tomorrow too, rainy Monday, but then by Wednesday it's supposed to be nice and in the 70s again. Looking forward to that!

Comment

The wind passed and it is gorgeous here this morning!

My big news this morning it total vanity. I don't care that my face and hands are puffy from to much processed crap this weekend. I don't care that I'm carrying two pounds of watery bloat ... because the dress I'm wearing to church this morning is a size 2 ... two ... size two! Yup, I'm happy!

Comment

We had a wonderful day yesterday. Went for a big long walk down by the river.

Just for kicks, I put my foods into fitday. 1644 cals, 65% fats, 112 gms protein (28%) and 33 gms of carbs (8%).

I had to scarf a bag of pork rinds because my cals were so low and I wasn't impressed with my fat stats.

It's a wonderment to me that my cals are so low. I really thought I'd be eating humongous amounts of foods. My best explanation is satiety value.

I do have to go hunting for better meats tho'. As much as I love some of the grocery store sale things I've found ... they are indeed processed and tampered with. And now that I see that I'm not eating such huge amounts of things ... I can get smaller amounts of better stuff.
                            In fact, if they are not soaked in salt and sugar ... I'll probably eat even less of them. But I guess I already knew that.
                            Drat ... fooled by the sale tag again!

Comment

I'm a bit blue this morning and can't quite put my finger on why that is.

Part of it (I'm sure) is that the honeymoon period of my new diet is over. I'm hovering at around 130 lbs. I natter all day long at folks to use more than one gauge to measure their success. How their clothing fits, measurements etc. As much as I know for sure ... I'd still like to be 120-something ... forever.

I'm upset and hurt about a vegetarian friend who has become quite aggressive in her distain for my choice. We have other philosophical differences but they've never come between us. Sigh ...

My adult son who is getting married next summer just got a new job ... and it's not here in town. That means that they are going to live ... away.

Perhaps my poor food choices over the weekend are effecting my mood. I should lift weights today

Comment

Working...
                              X