Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (PrimalEagle) - Terrified Newbie - HELP!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks NSWM. It definitely feels good to have something FINALLY working after months of killing myself with no progress. First goal is definitely complete but I really want my bodyfat in a more healthy realm. Just gotta keep at it, I guess. No rest for the wicked
    "If you won't be better tomorrow than you are today, what do you need tomorrow for?"

Comment

Haha!
      No rest for the wicked, that's gotta be on a tshirt or something! Cause I'd wear it :]
      "The penis is the male animal-flower, a soft-firm dildo, a warm dream."
      -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

Ok, so............ I suck.

After having such great success for five weeks or so, I spent the next few weeks being a little more lax and nearer to 80/20. I don't have all that much more to lose, and I was enjoying having a little bit of time at a decent weight before making another push. Then, this past weekend, all food-hell broke lose and I lost it. Ate everything and anything, including Monday when I had bacon for breakfast, McDonalds nuggets/fries for lunch, and then almost two boxes of Toaster Strudel throughout the day/dinner. ARE YOU KIDDING ME??

I couldn't bring myself to step on the scale so I tried to "eyeball" the damage I had done. It honestly didn't look THAT bad, but when I got dressed the underwear I put on went from super-comfortable-fitting last week to tight-around-the-belly with little rolls above the elastic this week. *sob*

So now I'm trying to get back on the horse but, despite how grossed out I am about myself, am still having trouble. I've decided I need to start posting a daily journal with my food for the day so I can try to hold myself accountable. I also have to get back to exercising -- I played a vball tournament last Friday and five more games on Sunday with a little kickboxing and walking last week, but I have not done any exercise whatsoever this week and can't seem to motivate myself to do so. Luckily I have 5 or so games of vball tomorrow night and then a tournament on Monday, so at least I will get SOMETHING in.

Yesterday
        Breakfast: [IF]

Lunch: Burrito Ultimo (bare style) from baja fresh. Bowl with lettuce, chicken, onions, red bell peppers and a little cheese and sour cream with tomatillo salsa and cilantro.

Snack: Two squares 72% dark chocolate.

Dinner: T-bone steak with garlic butter, grilled broccoli in olive oil.

TODAY:
        Breakfast: Five (FIVE???!!!) slices of bacon

Lunch: BAS with turkey, a little bacon, a little cheddar, a little egg and non-primal 1000 island dressing (very little).

Snack: One square 72% dark chocolate

Dinner: With either be another steak and broccoli or my stuffed jalapenos (jalapenos stuffed with hot sausage and melted cream cheese).

Only drink water since I hate coffee/tea.

*sigh*
        "If you won't be better tomorrow than you are today, what do you need tomorrow for?"

Comment

Don't worry, been there, done that. The weight/ belly rolls will subside after a few days of going back to Primal.
          *Try* not to stress yourself over it, because the damage has been done (yeah, it's coming from me, the drama queen of the century).

You're doing great <3
          -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

Thanks, darlin'. I spent the week at 80%, which was unusual for me (I seem to be all or nothing). Adding in an IF on Thursday night and only one large meal on Saturday I ended the week at 173. Woo hoo!! I would like to lose another 7 lbs minimum, but am surprised I was able to lose while 80/20 especially as my workouts were still limited. I didn't eat much in the off-limits category, just a bite or two of french toast one morning, a few small chocolate chip cookiesanother afternoon, and then a much larger amount of fruit than I typically eat. Would be great if I could keep losing like this but somehow I doubt it

Comment

Actually I've been eating tons of fruits and almost no veggies at all.
              When it was the opposite I'd get constipated and get indigestion and hunger pangs. With fruits I have tons of energy and am 'regular' and I feel totally great! I think as long as you eat the fruits after a good mean or with fat (nuts or coconut oil or even cream), you don't get the sugar crashes.
              Basically my monthly challenge now is to just eat fruits and meats and see if I lose weight faster!
              I think you should join :3
              -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

So .... I'm back.

THE GOOD NEWS: PB did end up helping me get in shape for the wedding. As most of you know, however, that was with some pretty significant ups and downs. I never did get below 173, but that's b/c after getting to 173 I would go "off program" a few weeks, add a few pounds, and drop back down. As the wedding got closer and more people came into town it was even more difficult. At the time of the wedding I was about 176, although it dropped to 173 the day after the wedding (I think my body was freaked out). I think I still looked pretty good.

Comment

BAD NEWS: We got married November 7, which means the week before and after the wedding we had massive amounts of friends/family in town who had to be entertained/fed, then Thanksgiving, then Christmas, then 3 trips to the NAC (work travel where all food is battered and deep fried, literally) and 2 weddings. Did I mention I also dropped most of my workouts? Ugh. I knew it was bad, and this Monday I finally got on the scale. I'm back up ALL the weight ... like 25 lbs worth of weight.

My fault. Completely. But now it's time to start anew. I've been working out (but not eating well) the past few weeks so I'll keep that going. Started back eating PB yesterday and have a bit of the low carb flu. Going to push through, though!

Comment

Good to see you back on board! Maybe life will settle down so you can feel like you can get into some new habits that aren't being constantly upended by stressful, unusual life events. Welcome back.

Comment

AAAAAAAAAAAH! I wanna see the pictures! I can't see! SHOOOOOOOW MEEEEEEEE! :c

And don't worry about it, 25lbs ain't that bad. At least you know you can do it again.
                      Weight fluctuates anyway, I've lost and gained the same 15lbs all throughout PB.
                      Yeah, it's a bummber but you got to have fun and eat tasty foods and now you should be sick of them :P
                      -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

Oh btw, the inspiring story on MDA today is a chick who went on PB to get into her wedding dress too, now she's fit as hell!
                        -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

I don't know why the pictures won't post. I even tried to upload an album but I think it's being moderated. Do you have a FB account? They are all up there.

I am pretty sick of the yummy (bad) food so it's time for the change. That, and I threw out all my "fat" clothes before the wedding and now I am squeezing myself into things that are ripping at the seams. Oh food, why must I love you so.

Comment

OMG, a pretty blond lawyer! The law must bend to your will (and by law I mean judges and other lawyers)

No,unfortunately no FB.
                            Upload them here: imageshack.us, and then paste the "forum code". That's what I do.
                            -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

OK, so there are some. I have bazillions more.

Comment

Working...
                              X