No announcement yet.

Fafalla's Whole 30 in November

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Better today: Almost gave in and had tater tots but I didn't! It is reading weather. sounds like a wonderful afternoon! I could spend all day on reading

No breakfast
    lunch: BAS w/ steak
    Supper: sausage and cabbage
    snack: bacon
    dark chocolate
    You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Comment

Day 14

breakfast - none
      lunch - squash and turkey stew
      dinner - cauliflower cooked in olive oil from a mackarel can. And the chocolate I didn't eat yesterday. But at least it was dark, with orange flavor.

Movement - decent; more one hour of walking and one hour of pilates

Sleep - can't complain

Mood - excellent

Work and life balance - tranquil but I will need to work until 10 p.m. because I felt like cleaning the house during the day, which does not happen so often so I didn't fight the urge and gave in.

Comment

You must work at home

I have a question now: I feel horrible..just in general achy, exhausted, kinda dizzy, my hair falling out. So I am thinking it may be my thyroid but I am also wondering if I am experiencing the low carb flu after a couple of weeks of eating higher carbs. Is it possible?

Age 48
        height 5'3
        SW 215 lbs
        LW 172 lbs
        GW 125ish lbs

Comment

My carb flu was like that except I don't remember any changes regarding hair. But it wouldn't hurt to have your thyroid checked.

Comment

Day 15
            late breakfast - cauliflower cooked in butter with a bit of venison sausage (delicious!)
            late lunch - braised pork with carrots, leafy greens
            snack instead of dinner - a bit of cheese

Movement - about 1/2 hour of walking

Sleep - good but I would have slept more if I could

Mood - good

Work and life balance - not much time for work during the day so I am catching up now

Play - at least one hour spent with cats and with the loveliest dog of the world

Comment

I actually had the blood work Monday, waiting on the results.

Yesterday:
              2 cups coffee w/ coconut oil
              BAS w/ steak
              Sausage and cabbage
              Handful of nuts and dark chocolate
              My exercise and play are almost non-existent at the moment. WHich could of course have something to do w/ why I feel so rotten.

Originally posted by Farfalla View Post
              My carb flu was like that except I don't remember any changes regarding hair. But it wouldn't hurt to have your thyroid checked.

Age 48
              height 5'3
              SW 215 lbs
              LW 172 lbs
              GW 125ish lbs

Comment

Originally posted by valmason01 View Post
                You must work at home
                I feel horrible..just in general achy, exhausted, kinda dizzy, my hair falling out. So I am thinking it may be my thyroid but I am also wondering if I am experiencing the low carb flu after a couple of weeks of eating higher carbs. Is it possible?

Yes, it absolutely is a low-carb thing! Your body can't rely on quick sugars/carbs anymore and it's going haywire. It needs to find alternative (fat) sources of fuel, which is more energy-consuming for the body and hence why you're feeling tired, achy, & dizzy. I've been feeling the same way too (I whine about this on my blog lol Pensive Paleo) and now that we're halfway through, this is when it gets hard both physically and mentally. Hang in there!! Also, make sure you're getting enough sleep. I've found that if I don't get a solid 8 hours of non-interrupted sleep, I'm even more exhausted, lightheaded, and irritable than usual...

Good luck! *Hugs*

Comment

Day 16

breakfast - garlic soup
                  lunch - Savoy cabbage with pork
                  dinner - a bit of sausage, lots of fruit (not in the plan but there are too many people with a bad cold around me, which changed my priorities)

Movement - a bit of walking and playing with animals

Sleep - I woke up early but I felt rested

Mood excellent

Work and life balance - decent but I decided to work late in the evening these days because it gets dark around 5 p.m. and I want to enjoy some of the daylight playing and walking

Comment

Sigh...I broke. I had tater tots last night and sweet potato fries today. And I feel great! Ugh! I don't remember feeling awful when I started going VLC back in April but honestly I felt so bad all the time at that point that I wonder if I just didn't notice it. this is going to be fun trying to start over with. I probably should not have started a Whole 30 in November.

I hope you are feeling better and are stronger than me! Keep going. Farfalla is kickin' it!

Originally posted by fooddreamer View Post
                    Yes, it absolutely is a low-carb thing! Your body can't rely on quick sugars/carbs anymore and it's going haywire. It needs to find alternative (fat) sources of fuel, which is more energy-consuming for the body and hence why you're feeling tired, achy, & dizzy. I've been feeling the same way too (I whine about this on my blog lol Pensive Paleo) and now that we're halfway through, this is when it gets hard both physically and mentally. Hang in there!! Also, make sure you're getting enough sleep. I've found that if I don't get a solid 8 hours of non-interrupted sleep, I'm even more exhausted, lightheaded, and irritable than usual...

Good luck! *Hugs*

Age 48
                    height 5'3
                    SW 215 lbs
                    LW 172 lbs
                    GW 125ish lbs

Comment

Day 17

breakfast - Brussels sprouts with bacon, one egg, parmasan cheese
                      lunch - Savoy cabbage with pork, orange
                      dinner - pears, a bit of cheese, ice cream (not worth it!)

Movement - one hour of walking, playing with pets

Sleep - excellent

Mood - excellent

Work and life balance - decent but I am feeling lazy

Comment

Day 18

breakfast - two eggs with tomatoes and onion (everthing fried)
                        lunch - roasted pork ribs, braised kohlrabi
                        dinner - dark chocolate, a few slices of bacon

Movement - bustling around the house, playing with pets

Sleep - excellent

Mood - excellent

Work and life balance - more work that I would have liked but my deadlines were not negotiable

Comment

Day 19

breakfast - Brussels sprouts with bacon and an egg
                          lunch - roasted pork bones with lots of meat on them, braised kohlrabi
                          snack - two bananas (but it was because of travel; bananas are so convenient)
                          late dinner - pork with Savoy cabbage

Movement - a short walk, bustling around the house, feeding animals

Sleep - excellent

Mood - almost excellent

Work and life balance - decent

Comment

Day 20

breakfast - finished pork with Savoy cabbage
                            lunch - a few bits of roast duck, about 10 radishes, a scoop of carrots, beets and apples, all grated and seasoned with lemon
                            dinner - 3 eggs and bacon, one endive, one kohlrabi

Movement - more than one hour of walking

Sleep - excellent

Mood - excellent (how else, after a massage?)

Work and life balance - decent

Comment

Day 21

breakfast - not very hungry so just some Savoy cabbage cooked in lard; very good!
                              lunch - grilled perch with leafy greens
                              dinner - salmon tartar (with lemon, mustard and a chilli pepper)

Movement - very good; about 90 minutes of walking plus my pilates class

Sleep - good

Mood - excellent

Work and life balance - busy but not stressed

Comment

Day 22

breakfast - sautéed broccoli, Savoy cabbage and fennel with a bit of bacon, capers and parmesan
                                lunch - roasted salmon, carrots, beets and apples, all grated and seasoned with lemon
                                snack - one tangerine, one apple
                                dinner - shakshuka (in this case: tomatoes, zucchini, onion, garlic) with two eggs, one orange, half a pear

Movement - 1 hour of walking

Sleep - not bad

Mood - not very good; I spent a lot of time resisting but with everyone around me having a cold, it was just a question of time. Previously, though, I would have been the first person to catch it, and now I was the last.

Work and life balance - OK
                                Last edited by Farfalla; 11-23-2012, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X