Fafalla's Whole 30 in November

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

breakfast - one kohlrabi and one cup of duck bone broth
    What is kohlrabi?? And duck bone broth? Wow! Is it better than chicken bone. I really don't like chicken bone broth but I refuse to use bones from grain fed conventional beef. I will eat that due to finances but when I think of what is leeched into the bones..blech. I haven't been good about having my bone broth daily. I think that would help my immune system. I throw the egg yolks away. Sorry! I have tried to eat them..really. But..blech.
    You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Comment

Kohlrabi: Kohlrabi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
      A very delicious member of the cruciferous family, mostly eaten raw.

Duck broth is amazing but also quite strong (in smell as well as taste). Not for beginners. If you have access to turkey necks, go for them. I have just written about it elsewhere: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread69865.html

Please help save the world and find someone who would take your yolks. Or learn recipes where you can tolerate the taste. Wouldn't you eat a gratin (e.g. cube some roasted sweat potato, steam a bit of broccoli, mix it with a couple of eggs and grated cheese, season to taste)?

Comment

Please help save the world and find someone who would take your yolks. Or learn recipes where you can tolerate the taste. Wouldn't you eat a gratin (e.g. cube some roasted sweat potato, steam a bit of broccoli, mix it with a couple of eggs and grated cheese, season to taste)?
        Of course I would..but there is something about boiled egg yolks I can't handle...I would ship them to you but they probably would not hold up

Age 48
        height 5'3
        SW 215 lbs
        LW 172 lbs
        GW 125ish lbs

Comment

Today..

left over stew beef w/ rice-not even sure how much to be honest..prob about 4 oz of meat and 1/2 cup rice

appx 8 oz ribeye and half a butternut squash roasted w/ coconut oil and butter.

that seems like alot of food. I feel just good enough to want something to make me feel better. Blech....

Tomorrow is a better day!

Age 48
          height 5'3
          SW 215 lbs
          LW 172 lbs
          GW 125ish lbs

Comment

Day 8
            breakfast - I was very busy so I thawed a large portion of squash stew and ate one half of it
            lunch - the second half of the stew (again, very little time)
            an early dinner - I was quite hungry soon in the afternoon so I had a portion of delicious pork jelly and one venison sausage

Movement: about one hour of walking plus a lot of bustling around

Sleep: good but I had to get up early because of an appointment

Mood: a bit tired because it was such a busy day, but very happy

Work and life balance: almost no work , I will do a bit of catching up now although it is kind of late

Comment

Day 9
              breakfast - a treat: goose liver cooked with onion in goose fat, one endive
              lunch - just broccoli, three eggs and smoked cheese
              dinner - I had lunch 5 hours ago but I still feel as if I had eaten a while ago so I will probably not eat anything else today (or maybe a cup of broth). This is one of the days I think I have eaten really little. But then, why should I stuff my face just because I can?

Movement: very good, more than two hours of walking

Sleep: quite good, can't complain

Mood: great

Work and life balance: very decent

Comment

OK, so I didn't have dinner but I ate two chocolate truffles and then a blueberry yoghurt instead. Back to discipline tomorrow.
                Last edited by Farfalla; 11-10-2012, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Day 10
                  Today was a goose day.
                  breakfast - I removed the lumps of fat from the cavity and rendered it. I had the goose rinds with broccoli and cauliflower for breakfast
                  lunch - roast goose with red cabbage (with apples, cloves and red wine). Very filling and delicious, especially the crispy skin
                  dinner - nothing

Movement - about 3 hours of aimless walking and chatting with friends

Sleep - pretty good

Mood - excellent

Work and life balance - no work at all

Comment

Day 11
                    breakfast - nothing
                    early lunch - leftover red cabbage and the rest of the meat picked off the goose, one kiwi
                    dinner - I will probably have a little something, e.g. an endive

I have a huge jar (about two pounds) of goose fat now.

Movement - nothing... A lot of work, and the weather is not very inviting

Sleep - I read until 1 a.m. but woke up at 7 a.m. Not quite sufficient

Mood - somewhat gloomy. Maybe because of the weather change, which also seems to affect my asthma.

Work and life balance - after a leisurly Friday and Saturday, I had to work all the day. But it's not too bad - it is 5 p.m. and I am done for today. I will spend the rest of my pyjama day reading.

Comment

I am so offtrack! This weekend was my dad's 70th bday and I just ate too much. Not really bad stuff. BBQ, broccoli salad, gluten free brownies w/ icing, raw veggies and salsa. Not horrible horrible but not terrific either. I have got to get back on track! My family was going on about how good I looked and I was preaching my lifestyle but not living it I need to walk the walk.

Age 48
                      height 5'3
                      SW 215 lbs
                      LW 172 lbs
                      GW 125ish lbs

Comment

You are not the only one! Two of the 6 pounds I had shed are back because of my eating over the weekend (chocolate, yoghurt, some potatoes, fruity red cabbage). Let's do something about it. I am determined to be fully compliant this week.

Comment

Day 12
                          Getting back on track was successful.

brunch - goose stomach and heart and two carrots, all taken from bone broth that I had made overnight
                          early dinner - bacon and three eggs with one endive and a bit of red cabbage fried in bacon fat (not very tasty)

Movement: about 1,5 hours of walking

Sleep: decent but I usually fall asleep and get up late these days; I'd like to readjust back to my previous pattern

Work and life balance: decent; I actually enjoyed working, unlike yesterday

Comment

I am too! Starting today. Just trying to get back into low carb.

Food:
                            Breakfast: 2 cups of coffee with coconut oil
                            lunch: BAS
                            supper: 10 oz steak and 1/3 head of roasted cauliflower
                            snck: bacon
                            dark chocolate

Movement and play at work with the little people. Never enough but I am getting there.
                            I know it is too much meat but I think it is going to take a bit to get back into the groove. Sigh.....

Age 48
                            height 5'3
                            SW 215 lbs
                            LW 172 lbs
                            GW 125ish lbs

Comment

Day 13

late breakfast - cauliflower with bacon with a bit of parmesan cheese
                              lunch - a piece of pork shoulder marinated in garlic, cooked in lard, with one egg
                              dinner - 1/2 sausage with mustard, two tomatoes

Movement: one hour of walking

Sleep: suboptimal; I woke up soon after midnight and could not fall asleep for a while

Mood: good

Work and life balance: quite good but I will need to work until 9 p.m. because I decided that I deserved a leisurely afternoon (reading!)

Comment

What's going on with me? I had an urge to eat some chocolate (had I opened it, I would have eaten it all, of course). Luckily, I had a bit of cheese instead. Not exactly ideal either...

Comment

Working...
                                X