Primal Journal (Sungrazer)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sungrazer View Post
    Fårikål is a traditional Norwegian dish, it might be an acquired taste. Especially when you use mutton instead of lamb, but it is a very powerful meal that leaves you wanting for more when you've had one plate. On top of that it is so easy to make that anybody can do it. It is usually served with potatoes on the side, but I omit that and don't miss them. Four ingredients, pluss water: Meat from lamb/mutton, cabbage, whole black pepper and salt. I am sure you are able to make it in your crock pot. We cook with electricity here, so using a steel casserole and low heat for several hours (2 - 3 ) does it. A perfect fall dish.
    It sounds great, Sun. I actually love mutton and goat, so I know I would love this dish

Comment

• MMM Sunny yum yum.

also, I love the fall as well. And now I see why so many Norwegians moved to South Dakota when they came over... ice fishing and cross country skiing are abound and plentiful in my region.

annnd that's all.

Manda

Oh ps. I am not Norwegian but I went to a Norwegian college and pretty much everyone around here is Norwegian or German... or Dutch.

The end for real.
      Happy Weekend.
      Live Like No One Else

http://primalterp.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Thanks Kuno and manda

Basics
        Slept very well tonight, and had no dreams that I can remember. I woke up around 07:30, but didn't get up before 08:30. Weather today was cold, but nice. No rain and it warmed up a bit during the day, but today was the first day this side of summer I had to wear something on my noggin'. As you may know I shave my head and don't have much hair left anyway so headwear is absolutely required.

Food
        Breakfast was three easy over eggs with a whole pack of bacon as I knew I were in for some serious work today. During the day I also snacked on some almonds and 86% plus coffee. Needed it too - was working hard. Drank a lot of water and for dinner I had another three eggs, now in the form of an omelet with oregano, salami and cheese. It almost tasted like pizza, but a lot better. I also tried my hand on almond muffins made with three eggs 2 cups of almond meal, butter and one teaspoon of baking powder. I added a few bits of 86%. Next time I'll add a few pieces of apples, will probably be sweeter and more moist because of that.

We have thingy to make almond meal with, it's traditionally used to make marzipan or a very fancy cake that I don't know the name for, but it is made by rings that are getting smaller and smaller and made out of almonds, egg and sugar. It's a traditional Norwegian wedding cake and looks like this:

Anyway, here is the thingy I use to make almond meal:

And here is my finished muffins, which were awesome:

Training
        As mentioned before I was working hard today. Used my chainsaw and axe and chopped some firewood for next fall, maybe coming spring. Depends on how dry the winter is. I was working constantly from around 11 am to 3 pm and my back feels it now. Got plenty of wood though.

Supplements
        Oils, minerals and vitamins as usual. Dropped calcium and potassium today - had quite a few almonds!

Random Thoughts
        Had a great outdoor day today. Working with my body and mind always makes me happy. Good stuff.

Thanks for reading everyone, hope your day is/was great too!
        Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.

Comment

• Originally posted by Just4ME View Post
          This is exactly why I love this season! I absolutely love the fall colors and the smell of wet leaves! For the first time in my life, I have a fireplace and USE it! Luckily, the previous homeowner had down a few trees and saved all the wood! Most of the wood is cut too big for the fireplace, and this will give me the opportunity to get some primal exercise in!
          Yeah! Work that bod! Chopping firewood is a great workout! And it's so totally worth it when you sit inside, when it's cold outside - mesmerized by the flickering flame from the fireplace. Good stuff!

My journal

I see grain people...

Comment

• I like your wood counters.
            hmm, i need to find some wood to chop.
            sigpic

Comment

• Those muffins look delectable!!! Way to go and Happy Monday! Hope all is well on your end!
              sigpic

Signature Approved by Mark Sisson

Comment

• Mmmmmmm.
                Sitting by the fire...when it's cold outside....
                Mmmmmmmmm...one of my favorite things

Comment

• Originally posted by MeatMe216 View Post
                  I like your wood counters.
                  hmm, i need to find some wood to chop.
                  the more pics i see of sungrazer's house, the more i covet it.
                  sigpic

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

Comment

• Originally posted by MeatMe216 View Post
                    I like your wood counters.
                    1 inch thick oiled oak. I love them.

Originally posted by TAWFUNGUY View Post
                    Those muffins look delectable!!! Way to go and Happy Monday! Hope all is well on your end!
                    Thanks - I've decided I want to try to make apple cake with that kind of recipe. Should be fantastic.

Originally posted by kuno1chi View Post
                    Mmmmmmm.
                    Sitting by the fire...when it's cold outside....
                    Mmmmmmmmm...one of my favorite things

Originally posted by batty View Post
                    the more pics i see of sungrazer's house, the more i covet it.
                    Thy shall not covet your neighbors wife, eh - house. Here is another one for you, a bit dark but it is the essence of the house in the morning.

Safir is coming towards me with the back light of the floor to ceiling windows. He likes to sit there and watch what's happening outside. There are espcially a few magpies that he would like to sink his teeth into. They usually steal the mice he and Baloo manages to catch, if we're not able to remove them before the magpies do.

My journal

I see grain people...

Comment

• What a beautiful photo, Sun!!!
                      I, too, want your house

Comment

• COVETING COVETING... I am coveting COVETING!
                        Live Like No One Else

Comment

• Originally posted by kuno1chi View Post
                          What a beautiful photo, Sun!!!
                          I, too, want your house
                          Thank you - the house was built in 2004, and we moved in the same day as my oldest daughter was born... talk about busy day!

Originally posted by mandabear2010 View Post
                          COVETING COVETING... I am coveting COVETING!
                          Hehe - thank you!

My journal

I see grain people...

Comment

• September 27, 2010

All primal, and no workout - but extremely busy all day and was totally beat when I came home. Early to bed.

September 28, 2010

Basics
                            Slept well, but got up very early to get kids to school and kindergarten. Traffic jam to work and all, got in very late.

Food
                            Two eggs and bacon for breakfast. Skipped lunch, but had a handful of almonds with the coffee. Dinner was pastured chicken wings and afterwards I had foil baked salmon with vegetables. You can see the salmon in the foreground in the oven picture.

Supplements
                            Something didn't feel right with the multi, calcium, potassium and magnesium supplements. So I've dropped the multivits, calcium and potassium supplements and have only been talking Vit D, Omegas, and magnesium. I noticed my muscles started to feel sore for no apparent reason, that feeling is gone now. I will bring back multi first, then potassium. Calcium I think I can omit completely as I get enough through my food, I think. Not sure what is biologically appropriate though. I am at reference values on my tracking tools.

I've begun to wonder if it is that I've reached optimum levels of 25(OH)D and that I need more magnesium which is why my muscles are sore. Calcium and Magnesium (as far as I know) interfere with each other for absorption, so by dropping calcium it allows my body to absorb more Mg. Not sure about this though. It might also be that my potassium / magnesium relation is out of whack.

A 25(OH)D Serum test is in order. Calling the doc tomorrow.

Training
                            *grumble* Only a few push ups and planks. Gym bag is packed for tomorrow.

Random Thoughts
                            I probably shouldn't, but what the heck - here are two pictures from the inside of our house before we moved in. First the living room downstairs with the fireplace and the floor to ceiling windows.

Second the all room up stairs with the staircase up and the skylights.

And two bonus shots of the kitchen, where I do most of my food preparing:

Thanks for reading everyone and I hope your day is/was great!

My journal

I see grain people...

Comment

• SUNNY!!! Why shouldnt you share?

I love your home! I love your day too-sounds like it was a splendid one!

Take care my friend!
                              Live Like No One Else

Comment

• Sun, your home is so beautiful...thanks for sharing those photos

My goal is to have a grown-up kind of house someday....

Comment

Working...
                                X