Primal Journal (Sungrazer)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Greg View Post
    Amazing transformation, brother! You look great & the SL 5X5 is going to bring you to entire new level!
    Thanks! Yeah, the SL 5x5 is going to change my physique that is obvious. I was pretty athletic as a kid, but 20 years of abuse by CW has taken it's toll. Hope it's not to late to turn it around.
    Last edited by Sungrazer; 04-13-2010, 09:51 AM.
    Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.

Comment

Not at all!!! You will be turning some serious heads in no time!!! Keep working hard bro.. the results speak for themself!!!

Comment

Basic
        Had a good nights sleep - went to bed around 1 am, and woke up around 7 am, didn't feel totally rested as one of my cats wanted attention and started to scratch on our wardrobe door. WTH?! Woke up and patted him and went to the bathroom. Fell asleep immediately after.

Supplements
        1000 mg Superbra Krill Oil

Diet
        Had two eggs and four strips of bacon for breakfast, lunch was a big salad with chicken, have been snacking on some 70% chocolate and some almonds. Hungry today, dunno why. Maybe because I had 400 grams of panfried salmon with broccoli and beets for later dinner yesterday.

Training
        Did StrongLift 5 x 5 yesterday, was a bit in a hurry, but managed to squeeze it in before I went home.

Random Thoughts
        For breakfast today my oldest daughter (6 years) wanted the same as I had. Egg & bacon! Yay! for the small victories. I'll have her carnivore in no time if she continues to eat what I eat. My youngest (4 years) was having an oatmeal porridge :/ I think I'll henceforth just serve them eggs in the morning.

My journal

I see grain people...

Comment

Woohoo! The book came today. I wasn't expecting it in another couple of weeks! Excellent!

My journal

I see grain people...

Comment

Congrats on the book, I read it cover to cover in ONE DAY! It is a great read, and it is changing my life!!!

Comment

Basic
              Got early to bed and slept all night, woke early at 5:30 and went to work. Didn't feel rested enough, so it's going to be an early night today as well.

Diet
              Breakfast: 2 eggs
              Lunch: Big ass salad, and by mistake I took some legumes - sweet peas.
              Dinner: Some home made meatballs that I took at work before I went to work out. Man, they must have been stuffed with sheite, because I am all gassy and constipated. :S Argh, never ever will I have shit that I don't know what is. Grrr - also, when I came home from training I was out of ketosis. WTH! First in a month.
              Supper: two eggs and pan fried salmon. Still feel bloated from the dinner.

Supplements
              1000 mg Superba Krill Oil

Training
              I did a 10 minute slow jog with sprints for warm up. Max heart rate was 166. I then did the Stronglift 5 x 5 B program, have my weights up to 25 kg now. Feels good. Did a lot of stretching afterwards. Also I've upped my chin-ups and pull-ups to 3 x 6 with good form. First week I was barely able to do 3 x 2 chin-up/pull-ups. I know. I am a weak, sad grok. I am working on it though.

Random Thoughts
              How could I be so stupid as to take those two "meat" balls at work, I should have known they were not good for me. And the real kicker is that it was some perfectly good and edible alternatives as eggs, ham, roast beef and what not. *sigh* Ah, well - lesson learned. Again. Hope I feel better today.

I've also had a good start on the book, and will try to read another chapter before bedtime. If you cannot tell - English is not my native language and sometimes I just have to read slow to get the meaning. Especially when I hear my kids and wife speak Norwegian while reading English...

My journal

I see grain people...

Comment

Actually, Sungrazer - I hadn't noticed that at all about your language. Your mastery of english is excellent!

For chinups and pullups - here's a great tip I picked up from the P90X forums:

1) Do as many as you can normally

2) Then add a chair out in front of you, and simply place one leg across the back of the chair. Do as many as you can in that position.

This really works great for improving your strength and endurance because it allows you to work the back muscles much more simply by giving them a little less weight to lift. Last fall I could barely do a couple of pullups in a row and thanks to using the above trick in the first few months, I'm now able to do over a hundred in a workout.

Also - How do you like the Krill oil? Do you have any burping issues with that? My current fish oil supplement makes me want to gag some days, the burps are so bad. lol.

Cheers!
                Dan

Primal since February 2010. On seventh round of P90x.

My Blathering, Babbling Journal

Comment

Hey Dan - thanks for the tip about the chair. I've been using one of those half domed rubber thingys to stand on to jump up a bit, and then lower myself slowly and repeat. Going to see if it is possible to elevate one leg to something and thus have lower weight.

I am using Krill Oil capsules from http://www.superbakrill.com/ , so I don't notice any burping or gagging. I also have quite a bit of fish in my diet. Salmon mostly. Unfortunately it is not wild salmon. I hope to catch some trout this summer in the local lakes though.

And in regards to my English: Thanks - spell checkers are great, eh?!

My journal

I see grain people...

Comment

Basic
                    Got some decent sleep last night, but woke early and didn't really feel that rested. Got up around 7 am and went to work.

Diet
                    Breakfast was a big bowl of IF, lunch was four upper tighs of chicken and a large salad, and dinner was lightly panfried salmon, broccoli, cucumbers, sweet bell peppers, and pickeled beets. The beets aren't excatly primal, but at 13 - 14% carbohydrates and 100 gram or so it is not the worst thing I could have had.

Supplements
                    Superbra Krill Oil

Training
                    No training today - rest day. Walked a lot and was standing at the desk at work though. I think the amount of training I've been doing lately have had a positive effect on my body. I need to remind me to stretch out a bit more though to improve flexibility.

Random Thoughts
                    As the days get longer and longer it is getting brighter and brighter in the evening. Kids are going nuts they think it still is daytime and doesn't want to go to bed. Even though they are so tired that they are howling and bawling. Major stress to get them to bed so we can have a few hours of grown up time before bed time. Being a small children parent isn't always a dance on roses... but it has its great moments. Such as just recently when my oldest daughter learned how to bicycle. The look on her face...

My journal

I see grain people...

Comment

Enjoy those moments.. they are so fleeting....

Comment

Basic
                        Got a hefty night of sleep from around 23 pm to 9 am. Woke up around 4 because my youngest daughter cried in her sleep, got her up of the bed and sat her on the toilet where she peed a lot. Back to sleep again.

Weigh in at 81.9 kg or 180.5 lbs. Looks like the scale is starting to drop again after a plateau of some months. Been IF'ing regularly the last couple of weeks and also upping my fat intake a bit. I've also allowed a bit more carbs in my daily diet than before. A couple of nuts here, almonds there and apple or peach once a week. Most of all I haven't stressed the weight. Just been trying to get my macros right and (even) more conscious to what I put into my mouth.

On a positive note one lady co-worker yesterday stopped me in the hallway with an inquisitive smile on her lips and said that she'd noticed that I had lost a lot of weight and was wondering how. I explained her the gist of what I was doing and sent her this way. She is no way overweight, but kind of skinny and could have benefited tremendously from the PB I am sure. She was intrigued.

Diet
                        Breakfast: Two eggs easy over, one cup of ceylon tea
                        Inbetween: nuts and almonds
                        Lunch: 3 slices of cheese, two slices of ham, sweet bell peppers, one egg and some lettuce. Wasn't really hungry
                        Inbetween: one small peach
                        Dinner: Semi IF, one big cup of chocolate made from half on half whole milk and heavy whipping cream, I also added about 50 grams (2 oz) of butter. Used 100% cocoa for the chocolate. No added sugar or anything else. Lots of water throughout the day - about 4,5 litre. Possibly more.

Supplements

Training
                        Did the StrongLift 5 x 5 A program yesterday. Squat, Bench Press, Inverted Row, Push-ups, and Reverse Crunch. With warm up total time was approximately 45 minutes. Weights are up to 25 kg.

Random Thoughts
                        Felt good for the most of the day yesterday, but was tired in the afternoon. Had to stop by the road to get a 5 minute nap before I continued my commute home. Haven't happened in a long time. I guess the lack of good sleep this week plus a little low in caloric intake contributed. May also be that little sugar from the peach did me in as well. Will try again to see if I see a pattern. In that case: Wow.
                        Last edited by Sungrazer; 04-17-2010, 01:58 AM.

My journal

I see grain people...

Comment

Basic
                          Got a decent nights sleep, but my oldest daughter got sick late night and vomited. Was sleeping on the edge all night, listening to if she would go again. She's been sick all day running a fever, but luckily no vomiting.

Diet
                          Breakfast was IF from last night around 17
                          Late lunch: Some chicken and vegetables, lots of fat.
                          Dinner: Nothing
                          Evening meal: just a few almonds and some dark chocolate.
                          Lots of water throughout the day, and two cups of tea.

Supplements

Training
                          Raking old grass in the garden. Did that while IF'ing and it felt very good.

Random Thoughts
                          Not fun to have a sick child and it is rather stressing. The poor child has only been drinking water today. Hope she's better tomorrow, but she will have to stay at home from kindergarten.

My journal

I see grain people...

Comment

Wow.. you are really kickin' it bro!!! Great job! Sorry to hear about your little girl's illness, they are always so hard on the parents.. you want to take it away so badly... She'll be up and back to 100% in no time I'm sure..

Keep the Grok Alive!!!

Comment

Hey thanks Bulltar for checking in on my thread. I really appreciate the feedback to my journey, and if there are others following I don't mind if you chirp in with a comment or two.

Basic
                              While my oldest was sick sleep wasn't easy, but tonight I was able to squeeze in about 8 hours. Woke up to the alarm at 05:30, rested and ready for action but that alarm is a real killer.

Diet
                              Yesterday morning I had one egg and a three strips of bacon for breaksfast, and for dinner I had lightly pan fried salmon with pickled beets, sweet bell peppers, cucumbers, and cauliflower mash flavoured with garlic, parmesan cheese, butter, salt and pepper.
                              http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2498415/salmon-dinner.jpg

1515 kcal, 25% from protein, 65% from fat and 10% from carbohydrates. 110 gram fat, 91 gram protein, 36 gram carbohydrates.

All in all a very healthy meal

Supper was IF

Supplements

Training
                              Was supposed to be doing StrongLift 5 x 5 A yesterday, but with my oldest being sick this weekend and my wife working shift she was so exhausted that I couldn't bring myself to go to training so she could sleep a bit. Instead I waited until the kids were asleep and the took my bicycle for a ride. Good workout.

Random Thoughts
                              Still IF'ing from yesterday and planning to not eat before dinner. Not feeling uncomfortable at all. Energy is high, however I notice as I always do when IF'ing that my hands and feets are getting cold. Whenever I move quickly or briskly the hand and feet gets warm again. Anyone else noticing this?

My journal

I see grain people...

Comment

Basic
                                Slept well, but got up early to the alarm clock - nasty little invention.

Diet
                                Breakfast and lunch was IF
                                Dinner was planning to wait 24 hours before I ate, but opportunistic as I am I went to the cantina and 'lo and behold there was grilled chicken! So at 18 hours into my IF I had two large chicken thighs, and two hours later I had eggs and bacon.
                                Supper was a big cup (2,5 dl) of half and half whole milk and heavy whipping cream with 100% cacao and 50 grams of butter.

Supplements

Training
                                Wasn't able to do any other training than biking yesterday so today I did 5 x 5 squats and bench presses at work. Going to do the Stronglift 5 x 5 B tomorrow, but I am not sure if I am going to do it in the morning or afternoon.

Random thoughts
                                Drifting more and more into the primal mindset. Seeing all the CW zombies around me makes me sad and to know that with very little effort the same people could become more healthy and vibrant than they could ever imagine. Even people that I know are rather fit looks drawn and haggard. I showed a co-worker a picture of me from last year and said "This is me less than a year ago, diet alone made me look like I do today." He is very over weight and borderline diabetic II, if not already there. He's been in and out of the doctors office lately. :/ I thought that maybe be showing him the picture I could win him over. I think he got curious but the sheer amount of work (for him) to alter his CW way seemed to much. I suggested he could try changing a bit over time. Drop the obvious sugar and starches, go slow into it. Maybe, just maybe it will spur him to try. I don't know.

My journal

I see grain people...

Comment

Working...
                                X