Primal Journal (Sungrazer)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HI sUN!!!!
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

• He hey!
      Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.

Comment

• This is my meals, but also a lot of BAS:

My journal

I see grain people...

Comment

• Not much logging on MDA at the moment, but I am still reading occasionally. Life is hectic and I have plenty of stuff to do - both at work and at home.

The other week I was fortunate enough to score about 650 grams of whale meat, and I opted to marinade and grill it and serve it with root vegetables. It was delicious and have a very strong and characteristic taste. Very much like game meat, but with a salty sea taste.

As you can see it looks a lot like grass fed beef, but a lot more tender. Except for some of the white stuff you can see there. It is quite fibrous and hard to chew. So I would avoid meat with too much of it.

Grok on!

My journal

I see grain people...

Comment

• Hello old friend.. been a while.. I am doing great.. glad to see you again....

Comment

• This is how I look all year round now, a little bit leaner in the summer and a little bit more padding in the winter.

29.mars.2013.jpg

My journal

I see grain people...

Comment

• Hey Sungrazer!

Just wanted to say that you look awesome! I can't wait to get rid of my "love handles" myself

By the way, do you have a before-and-after-comparision?

Comment

• Originally posted by futhark View Post
                  Hey Sungrazer!

Just wanted to say that you look awesome! I can't wait to get rid of my "love handles" myself
                  Thanks Futhark, just keep keeping on and eventually magic happens. :P

Originally posted by futhark View Post
                  By the way, do you have a before-and-after-comparision?
                  The worst before picture I have is this one, I think. I have no one without a t-shirt. No sir.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2498415/June-2009.jpg

My journal

I see grain people...

Comment

• Oldtimer checking in. To update new readers - I've been primal since march 2010, and before that LCHF since august 2009. Adhering to the blueprint is nowadays fairly easy and I mostly eat from the whole food section and vegetable section of the store. Usually I have about one kilogram of vegetables and around one kilogram of meat and/or fish each day.

I have been able to keep my weight within the 83 - 88 kg range for about four years now, all the while gaining some lean mass due to heavy lifting, walking and some sprinting.

I can attest to that this way of living works and my doc is confounded by my blood work, and low resting pulse. At one consultation she had to measure three times to be sure she got it right at 48 bpm. She cannot fathom how my blood work can be so good with the diet I describe to her. She claim I must have good genes. Hah!

My journal

I see grain people...

Comment

• hey sungrazer,

Just caught your post somewhere else that led me to your journal.

It is great to see someone for whom this really works and has been working for quite some time.

It will take me a while to catch up on your story, so if I could just ask, did you have any weight to lose when you started primal, or were you just looking for a better lifestyle?

Subscribed

Comment

• Originally posted by AutumnTiger View Post
                        hey sungrazer,
                        Hey there - nice to meet you.

Originally posted by AutumnTiger View Post
                        Just caught your post somewhere else that led me to your journal.
                        Cool - I am not that active so it must have been buried way down there.

It is great to see someone for whom this really works and has been working for quite some time.
                        Thanks, it has its up and downs, but I am proud to say that I have not willingly had any gluten since 28th of August 2009. I have had a few mishaps with sauces and stuff like that. I immediately know when I've been served something bad. 2 - 3 days of hell. :S

It will take me a while to catch up on your story, so if I could just ask, did you have any weight to lose when you started primal, or were you just looking for a better lifestyle?
                        I started LCHF in August 2009 and by December same year I had lost 17 kg. I started at 108 kg, and in march 2010 I was down to 83 kg, it has since slowly climbed to around 86 - 87 kg, but I am much leaner now than when I was 83 kg.

So yes, I had a lot of weight to lose.

Subscribed
                        Thanks!

My journal

I see grain people...

Comment

Working...
                        X