Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Coke Zero free, high fat Paleo journey.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back on the straight and narrow, though feel as if I could quite easily go and eat some chocolate.
    Thursday
    Breakfast: 2 boiled eggs
    Lunch: salami salad, lettuce and olive oil with balsamic vingar.
    Tea: chicken casserole

Exercise : Zumba 60 minutes
    Weight 148.8lbs, so at least I havent put on any weight from straying from the path of low carb.
    Just worried in case I do it again as not feeling 100% commited.

Comment

Originally posted by annedawso View Post
      My god, you dont think I cook it myself do you!!!
      Oh no, I am a wimp of the first order. I buy it already cooked from the local butcher, so no recipes from me I'm afraid.
      Actually I have just googled tongue and the images are pretty gross. Mine comes in nice, sliced circles, so I dont even make a connection to an actual tongue.
      Or I didn't.
      Well, shoot. Thought I was gonna' get a nice English recipe and all. Glad that your butcher still offers tasty ones, though. I rendered tallow a few days ago and it came out beautifully. I really like trying stuff out.
      I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

Originally posted by Crabbcakes View Post
        Well, shoot. Thought I was gonna' get a nice English recipe and all. Glad that your butcher still offers tasty ones, though. I rendered tallow a few days ago and it came out beautifully. I really like trying stuff out.
        I don't even know what tallow is. Correction I have googled it. I am too lazy for all that, though sure it tastes lovely.

Comment

Friday
          Breakfast: 2 boiled eggs
          Lunch: Tongue salad, lettuce and olive oil with balsamic
          Tea chicken and skin, cabbage

Went for a 60 minute stroll around the shops at lunch time. Good think about working in town, is the shops. Though I don't spend too much as I am by the bargain shops end of town.

Comment

You are doing great! Just remember, there are primal days and not primal days. No cheat days. Once you start thinking that way you are on a diet and you are not on a diet you are starting a new way of life! Rock it girl!
            You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
            height 5'3
            SW 215 lbs
            CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
            LW 172 lbs
            GW 125ish lbs

Comment

Thanks Valmason, you're correct of course. Just worried about having too many Jon primal days.
              Going to try and eat vey high fat to reduce my cravings again (hopefully)

Comment

Whoops, fallen a bit behind
                Saturday
                Brunch- black pudding bacon x 2, eggs x 2.
                Tea- chicken leg with skin, cabbage with butter

Sunday
                Brunch bacon x 2, eggs x 2.
                Chicken leg with cabbage and butter
                Coffee with 100ml cream
                2 pieces of chocolate with 2tablespoons coconut oil

Monday
                Breakfast 2 boiled eggs
                Lunch At a restaurant chicken leg in peppercorn sauce
                Tea chicken and cabbage with butter
                Coffee and 100ml cream

Comment

okay what is black pudding bacon??? I have to admit it sounds kinda gross

Age 48
                  height 5'3
                  SW 215 lbs
                  LW 172 lbs
                  GW 125ish lbs

Comment

Originally posted by valmason01 View Post
                    okay what is black pudding bacon??? I have to admit it sounds kinda gross
                    Don't know if it is the same as blood sausage, because I eat that and it isn't gross at all - just sausage flavor that happens to look like it belongs on a Halloween table.
                    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

hmmm...guess I am pickier than I thought. I saw beef hearts at the grocery store the other day and almost gagged. I need to get past this! I never thought of myself as being picky and as a rule I don't gross out very easily.

Don't know if it is the same as blood sausage, because I eat that and it isn't gross at all - just sausage flavor that happens to look like it belongs on a Halloween table.

Age 48
                      height 5'3
                      SW 215 lbs
                      LW 172 lbs
                      GW 125ish lbs

Comment

Black pudding is yum, though some people won't eat it as it is pigs blood and fat. Though black!!!!
                        About | blackpudding.org

Actually though, don't like the sound of blood sausage. Funny howi am ok with things I have grown up with.

Hearts - nope, couldn't eat them either.

Comment

Haven't posted my food for a while, being kinda good and still going the gym.
                          However from Monday going to try and be very good again for a couple of weeks.
                          Still no coke, had tonic water when out.

Treating myself to a g and t tonight - hey it's Saturday. Woohoo.

Comment

It's been a while. How are you doing, Anne?
                            I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

Merry Christmas, anne!

If you get a chance, say hello - I got back from Germany, had a blast, cheated some but ate SO fleshy and fatty and Primal (gotta' love Germany for good sausages!) otherwise, and got to renew my friendships with all my cousins.

Am kissing my kids a lot in light of the horridness of Connecticut.

Comment

Hi Badgergirl and Crabccakes,
                                Just looking in as haven't been online much lately. Keep telling myself will be v good in New year. Still going gym, but only eating clean % of time.

Comment

Working...
                                X