No announcement yet.

Starting Starting Strength again

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prob not much more than a year I wouldn't think. 531 is good but be open.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Comment

We just started 531, and I'm really liking it so far. I'll post about it in my journal as I go through this first cycle and see what I get for results.
      “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Dirlot View Post
        Prob not much more than a year I wouldn't think. 531 is good but be open.
        My progress is very slow. May be bad genes, or the fact that I'm 15, I don't know. But I will keep doing this until I'm hardly improving anymore. 531 has all these assistant works which I think is a bit more bodybuilding-ish. Which is also what I'm looking for
        well then

Comment

Originally posted by Owly View Post
          We just started 531, and I'm really liking it so far. I'll post about it in my journal as I go through this first cycle and see what I get for results.
          I'll check it out
          well then

Comment

Today I went from 175 lbs to 145 lbs squat. A shame but I noticed my form was better. Luckily my OP went up and last workout my Bench went up as well. Went from 200lb deadlift to 180 lbs deadlift. Let's get some bacon now
            well then

Comment

Ok either my body is wrong, or I'm fucking stupid. I just can't get most of the weight on my heels while deadlifting or squatting. I'm starting to feel i should start over again with the bar..wtf
              well then

Comment

I always thought the weight should be towards your heals but your feet do the supporting....you should be able to wiggle your toes if need to.
                PS
                Don't forget to play!

Comment

You should be driving through the heel, and so the weight distribution will be more toward there, but the rest of the foot will still engage a bit to stabilize. Maybe have a look at some instructional videos online--there are some good Rippetoe ones on YouTube that I was watching the other day.
                  “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

Yeah you guy are right. Fuck it then, starting over again with just the bar
                    well then

Comment

I don't know if you need to drop that far! If you've developed some strength, working with a little more load might be more useful (not anywhere near 1RM, obviously). Just take it back to what you can do with better form and work from there.

Owly's Journal

Comment

what type of foot wear are you wearing?

Comment

Originally posted by Owly View Post
                          I don't know if you need to drop that far! If you've developed some strength, working with a little more load might be more useful (not anywhere near 1RM, obviously). Just take it back to what you can do with better form and work from there.
                          Hm well today I dropped down to some 100 lbs squats and 170 lbs deadlifts. My weight is pushing about equal through my heels as through the front of my feet, just slightly more through my heels. I do however always lift my toes from the ground. I just feel like I'm only doing it perfect when I drop to like 60lbs.. It sucks because I can squat 180 lbs with what multiple personal trainers say is good form, but my back hurt for days after doing those.. My legs have definitely grown a lot. But I'm just not sure how low I should drop the weight..
                          Last edited by Gadsie; 10-11-2012, 09:12 AM.
                          well then

Comment

Originally posted by steve.mull View Post
                            what type of foot wear are you wearing?
                            Good advice, but I'm already wearing vibrams
                            well then

Comment

What is your usual deadlift weight and why are you dropping it if the pain is with squats?

Squats involve more than legs as you know. If you are sore drop down and build back up while you continue to work of flexibility.
                              It may help to work on bodyweight squats aiming to towards a one legged pistol.
                              PS
                              Don't forget to play!

Comment

Originally posted by Gadsie View Post
                                Good advice, but I'm already wearing vibrams
                                Had to ask lol

Comment

Working...
                                X