Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

paleo pesco whole 30 with game meats journal ( seaweed )

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

too stressed to eat dinner so ended up snacking on pine nuts. way too many. and had 2 cups of coffee and prob 50g of leftover canned tuna with the coconut oil mayonaise.

Comment

wow Seaweed - you rock ...... But what is ghee ????? and ACV ????
      You know me....ditsy at the best of times !!!!!
      G
      "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

Seaweed,

You are making me so hungry for good old kiwi food. I spent three years back in Taranaki recently and ate similar to you, wild pork, venison, ducks, rabbits, pheasant, white bait, and plenty of local seafood always on the menu with fresh veggies from our garden.

Wild pork bacon, wild game salami.... Paua... Oh boy I could shift back tomorrow... Where abouts are you located sounds like you have plenty of wild game to choose from. I grew up in Whakatane with parents and grand parents that loved to hunt and fish so it runs deep in my blood. One day I will shift back, miss it more and more each day.

Cheers
        "Times fun when you are having Flies" Kermit the frog

Comment

Originally posted by fat belly frog View Post

One day I will shift back, miss it more and more each day.
          FBF get back here as quick as you can. I know that Australia is beautiful, and the people are wonderful, and there is lots to do etc.... but we miss you over here ! Once a Kiwi - always a Kiwi !
          G

...small steps....

Comment

FBF i am in the south. i did get some pheasant given to me last year but it is a rarity to come across. the problem with eating the sort of food you cant really buy in the shop is you are ruined. you miss it forever.

gwamma ghee is clarified butter which removes the milk solids and makes it sorta casein free. it is used alot in indian cooking. all you do is melt some butter in a pot. you then simmer it and skim the white froth off the top. which can be dangerous as it spits. when there is no more white froth you just let it cool down and sieve into jars. i have read some people dont do the skim step but wait for the butter to change colour and then strain it thru something like coffee filter papers? google and you will find recipes with pics. ACV = Apple cider vinegar.

coffee and pan fried rig with a smidgen on garlic salt on when it was frying for breakfast. going out for tea tonight so am gonna have to act like a cavegirl. steak and veges only!
            Last edited by seaweed; 10-19-2012, 04:48 PM. Reason: cant spell

Comment

boring lunch. the other half of the rig fillet pan fried and some pieces of stir fry venison which i think is some of the red deer i got off the neighbour not the fallow deer i shot. i had a coffee before lunch as i had people round so i have just had 2 cups of water.

Comment

i had steak and salad and water for dinner so dodged the bullet on the going out for tea front!

breakfast prawn omlette and coffee. having lunch out but at a very good seafood restruant so no danger there at all.

Comment

had fish of the day for lunch. approx 100g of pan fried fish with a handful, if that of steamed veges. latte for dessert and lots of water.

dinner i had venison armandine. fry up and small small onion and garlic. chop in mushrooms and brown some flaked almonds on the other side of the pan. pinch or 3 of wild thyme. sear the venison when it is all done. serve the mushrooms and almonds on top of the venison. i had steamed veges with it - cauli, brocolli, fennel and red cabbage and some of the coconut oil mayonaise. vanilla rooibos to drinl.

Comment

breakfast was prawn omlette and coffee.
                    lunch i had steamed veges - cauli, brocolli, zucchini and red cabbage. some pan fried vension with some liver and onions.

dinner the kids wanted whole roast chicken so not gonna argue. but when i was putting the food from my old freezer into my new one i found some diced hare and some goat meat. so... time to google hare recipes. i was thinking mincing it and doing a lasagne. but we shall see. the goat i will prob just stuff and roast as it is a rolled roast.

Comment

roast chook, yams and parsnips. steamed brocolli, cauli and asparagus and fried red cabbage for dinner. plus i roasted a lamb's heart in with it as a test. after the venison heart being so yummy. it ended up cooked right thru. and it tasted like very nice high end tasty lamb but with a more dense texture.
                      dessert i made chocolate mousse which was the separated part of a can of coconut milk. so prob 300mls. vanilla essence and cocoa powder all dumped on the blender. then i drizzled in melted deodourised coconut oil till the blender made funky noises as it had set. it was incredibly good.

Comment

we all love tattoos xx

breakfast was coffee and prawn omlette

i boiled up the chicken carcass and simmered it on real low overnight so i have some chicken broth to cook with now. freezing cold, wet and windy outside. stew weather i think.

Comment

lunch was the leftover choc coconut mousse. all 2 tbsp of it and a cup of coffee. then i had a handful of flaked almonds and 6 brazil nuts when i was on the way to train.

dinner was japanese curry with the chicken broth, leftover veges from yesterday's dinner, the chicken meat out of the broth and some prawns. the kids complained. i loosely followed the recipe here but didnt thicken it with anything
                          Japanese Curry Recipe | Japanese Recipes had more coffee and some pan roasted cashews and almonds as i was making some energy bars for the kids lunches.

Comment

pretty bleurgh day foodwise. got stuck at home so way too much coffee
                            breakfast was prawn omlette and green tea
                            snack was coffee and some pan roasted cashews and almonds
                            lunch was venison salami, smoked salmon, parmesan cheese and steamed red cabbage, brocolli, cauliflower and fennel and coffee
                            coffee after the kids got back from school
                            dinner was hare lasagne. minced the diced hare and then loosely followed this recipe
                            Zucchini Lasagna | Wellness Mama
                            kids didnt like the zucchini but overall i felt it was quite good.
                            more coffee after dinner
                            am gonna do a BP decaf coffee and green tea and water fast tomorrow as i am over food after today!

Comment

2 cups of coffee with cream ( 1.5 was prob decaf as i mixed the last of the caffeine beans ) and lots of water till 4pm. handful of flaked almonds. another cup of decaf.
                              then for dinner i had a huge pan fried fillet of moki and some steamed veges. red cabbage, cauli, brocolli, asparagus with a smidgen of coconut oil mayonaise. cup of rooibos.

Comment

wow Seaweed today is day 22 of your 30 Paleo pesco thing. That is fantastic. well done you !!!!
                                I so must do a wee 30 day something soon.....but just need to get this wedding out of the way !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                Be good, as I am sure you always are !!!!!
                                G

...small steps....

Comment

Working...
                                X