Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

paleo pesco whole 30 with game meats journal ( seaweed )

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

forgot the zucchini noodles i served with it. 2 julienned zucchini. put them in a colander with some himilayan pink salt. leave to sweat. heat up a pan with some ghee. stir fry and serve.

Comment

Very interesting protein sources! I'm not a fan of venison, but I like elk and rabbit a lot. I've even eaten squirrel. And I've probably got as much seafood in my freezer as mammal. Good luck on your experiment.
      "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

we dont get squirrel or elk here but i have had rabbit, hare and wild goat relatively recently. i do rabbit gumbo and butter rabbit. hare is more like a red meat IMO so i would make a pie with it, similar to how i make venison pie. wild goat i just roast and it is so yummy. like a flavoursome roast mutton but nicer. i have been known to make goat curry too. my deer was a fallow deer. very different tasting and much nicer than red deer i reckon. i do like the variation in flavour of game animals and i find them far more interesting to eat than farmed ones.

still on the butter rig thing here as i got some more rig snce i forgot to get some chicken stock for the japanese curry. i may still just pan fry the rig for breakfast. i will see how i feel tomorrow. i had a huge handful of pistachios when i was out shopping and have had 2 cups of rooibos with a bit of cream in them instead of coffee. 8pm and i am starting to fall asleep.

Comment

prawn omlette and coffee for breakfast
          stir fried front leg venison offcuts with a chopped up bit of onion, some garlic, some thyme and some chilli. plus the reheated zucchini noodles from yesterday. cup of coffee. lots of water. interesting how my deer doesnt give off loads of water when i cook it and shrink heaps!

Comment

ghee rig and prawns for dinner. with lots of water. i made some mayonaise for the kids earlier and cut it with deodourised coconut oil as i didnt have enough lite olive oil and it worked well.

Comment

note the no coffee after lunch again. just having a cup of rooibos with a tinsy bit of cream. going to try very hard to cut down the coffee. and drink more water over the next week.

Comment

i ended up having 2 cups of rooisbos and i also managed to get up this morning with only snoozing the alarm once.

breakfast prawn omlette and coffee

tailing sheep today.

Comment

Originally posted by Diogenes View Post
                  What an interesting diet, Seaweed! I may steal some ideas.
                  I agree with Diogenes. I do need to branch out a bit, this journal is inspiring me to try.
                  Annie Ups the Ante
                  http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

I do need to branch out a bit, this journal is inspiring me to try.
                    i try to eat food i can get myself. so venison, wild pork, fish, some shellfish all are local. i also feel alot better if i eat more kai moana. we are 7/8th sea coast ancestry and i read alot of woo woo stuff about how people with predominantly sea coast ancestry cant make omega3s from plants, then you have the theory that low carb doesnt stuff you thyroid if you get enough iodine from seafood and so on. not to mention that little study they did on giving elderly women fish oil and a weights program. it was only a small study and was only for a month but the ones on the fish oil had measurably better results.

lunch was the left over ghee rig and prawns. plus a hardboiled egg and some of the coconut oil mayonaise and some coffee.

Comment

i had the last of the front leg offcuts off the deer for dinner with a couple of small tuna cakes ( tuna, herbs, lemon zest and egg ), steamed cauli and brocolli, half a diced avocado and some of the coconut oil mayonaise.
                      plus a cup of vanilla rooibos

shopping day tomorrow so i am gonna work out some different menus. i am thinking kina and ginger mousse, i so want to make a japanese curry this coming week so i will need to get some bones. i am going to try a savour coconut sorta cheesecake after how well my mayo set. sort of a version of the coconut cream brulee i make. i will get some rig or monk fish as i think anything spicy you can make with chicken you can make with fish. and i will maybe do some form of fish stew with shell fish as i have frozen blue cod broth. sunday roast will most likely be roast wild pork and i am going to give the spicy pork with pumpkin off MDA a go.

Comment

breakfast was prawn omlette and coffee. i so much branch out a bit.

lunch was heaven. i had been to the gym and was so hungry so i fried up a tiny chopped up onion and some garlic in ghee and added in a julienned zucchini. i julienned it this morning and stuck it in the colander with some himalayan salt to sweat before i went out. chucked the zucchini noodles on a plate. put some more ghee in the pan and scambled 2 eggs and prob 5 kina tongues. put the whole lot on top of the noodles with a grind of pepper. cup of coffee on the side and it was yummy.

plan A is wild pork and spicy pumpkin tonight but we shall see. we may just have fish.

Comment

well i managed the pork and spicy wild pumpkin. not a total faithful following of the recipe. i roasted some normal pumpkin, some yams and some parsnips in some lamb tallow in the oven. while that was doing i put some wild pork pieces and some spices ( ginger, cinnamon, cumin, cloves and allspice ) in a pot with some ghee and fried them for a while. then i put in some chicken broth and simmered them covered till it was all tender. threw in 1/2 c coconut milk and cooked it uncovered until it had reduced.

we had then roast pumpkin, roast parsnips, roast yams with the wild pork. some steamed cauli and broccoli and some smoked mussels on the side. with some coconut oil mayonaise.

i had a cup of vanilla rooibos after i had washed this dishes and one when the kids came home from school. only had 2 cups of coffee today which has been a struggle.

Comment

Branched out for breakfast. Kina mousse and coffee lol

kina mousse is sea urchin mousse.

i sorta followed a recipe which was 1/2 c chicken broth, a tsp of gelatin. put it in a mug and left it on the fire to melt. then dumped it in the blender with some cream, 5 or 6 sea urchin tongues, an egg yolk, bit of salt and pepper. blended it all up and put it in a rammekin in the fridge overnight. the recipe cooks it, but i didnt and it also serves it with ginger vinagrette which i didnt.

yum!!!

Comment

recipe here so i dont lose it
                              Sea Urchin Mousse with Ginger Vinaigrette Recipe at Epicurious.com

Comment

and for lunch i had paua armandine which was just fry up half a tinsy chopped onion, a clove of garlic and some parsley and some flaked almonds. add in some sliced paua. a bit of cream and cook. i threw the remains of the steamed cauli and brocolli from last night in the pan briefly to warm it once i took the paua out. i had a couple of handfuls of pistachio nuts in the shell and a cup of vanilla rooibos after.

Comment

Working...
                                X