No announcement yet.

Losing Pregnancy Weight & Reversing Type II Diabetes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@teach2183 I completely lost my appetite last week & didn't eat enough veggies/meat. So, yesterday I overate bacon & dark chocolate. Not good. This week I'm going to make sure I eat enough of the good stuff - hopefully it'll help me sleep/feel better.
    Start Weight: 63.6kg/140lbs
    Goal Weight: 54kg/118lbs

Comment

Weight: 136.8 lbs

Why is it so easy to gain weight & so hard to lose it?

Comment

Weight: 134.6 lbs

I've been eating loads of coconut oil. It's been giving me a stomachache, so I'm going to dial it back - but I've been losing weight! Weird.

Comment

Hi There

I'm interested in what is happening with your blood sugars. Are you checking them anymore?
          --mommymd

LCHF since Oct 2011

Comment

@mommymd I've been checking my fasting blood sugars. Before I went Primal they were around 16-18 or 288-324 (for US)

I've been Primal for about 2 months - 6 weeks into it I was getting fasting #s around 5 or 90. I ate sugar at thanksgiving - and too much dairy since then, so my #s shot up to around 15 or 270 and now I'm around 8 or 144.

I think I could get normal #s again quite quickly if I cut dairy coz dairy tends to cause a spike, but I haven't been able to cut it.

Comment

Hi LCJas,

Wow fasting sugars from 16 down to 5? That is spectacular! What sort of dairy are you eating? Have you explored Dr Jay Wortman's site? He's a doctor in BC who treated (treats) his diabetes with Low carb and has written about it on his blog.

How old is your child now? Are you BF'ing?

Mommymd
              --mommymd

LCHF since Oct 2011

Comment

Working...
              X